1. #101
    Originally Posted by TheDanishHygge Go to original post
    You know that new hardware is actually very expensive right? Not everybody can just buy a new CPU every year.
    I know this more than you think. I know the hardware is expensive. But does you need a top one or a budget for 1080p at least. I literally wasted year to save up on from 4590 i5 to ryzen 3600 , 16 gb ram and mobo. I literally wasted year before to save up for 1060 6gb from 760 in 2016. Its enough for 1080p games. You don't need to say to me expensiveness of hardware. I felt it even in budget segment for 2 years in 2016 and 2018 from saving money for it by 32 dollars per month from my subsidy of nursing, old man. you don't need to tell me about "expensiveness" decisions in life. I cannot afford top tier hardware also. That doesn't messes to upgrade pc on my savings for it for over year.
    You dont need to buy new CPU every year, just stop buying old "crap" that is encountering to the end of support phase by different software and even games. Even phenom lasted for almost 10+ years already. Its not every year from this point of view as you can see.
    The software and devs cannot stay with old hardware forever cause someone cant buy something new for 10 years, by not making "expensive" life decisions, and not at least saving money for something.

    And as I said the issues may be just not in this with new hardware having some sort of the issues also after updater. It may be anything that messes with update. And even antivirus software such as kaspersky. Or may be a viruses that killing system already. Anything. People just prefer nowadays to not monitor PC health. I learned this from the experience of life, walking through people, and helping them with a PC for many years. Its very hard and nearly impossible you know you help someone remotely. Cause as you try to seek and reach to something they say something like "I don't wanna deal with this", when you went through many aspects and starting seeing trail of the something. That's why I had enough of this and went to the hobby helping to people in my town. So they just could not say to me this crap anymore and only negotiated when I am helping them to understand.

    The support working with people is the most ungrateful thing in universe. Cause they don't wanna do something when they encountered problems. And even not telling you what problems they encountered if you ask. Just saying "its broken, fix it". Like "you must already know this". No! There is bug reports, dialogue, investigation of issues, there is no people that can read minds. You must make decision to negotiate with those who is helping to surpass the issues.
    Share this post

  2. #102
    Same here. Games has been crashing like crazy after update. And now it is totally dead. Can't even launch the game.
    Share this post

  3. #103
    I don't think anyone is overly mad about the game not working on phenom processors specifically. What me, and a lot of other people are hella mad about, with good reason - is the fact that the game works fine on phenoms in beta, then works great on phenom for 320 hours of gameplay, and THEN, without ANY warning, stops working after a patch and we get the standardized UBI nonsense replies. That's my issue. This exact same thing happened to Destiny 2 after launch, but Bungie said oops and patched it to work even without SSSE3 as quick as they could. But companies are cut from different cloth.
     6 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #104
    Imm0rtalJoker's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    108
    Originally Posted by defenestrator_. Go to original post
    i don't think anyone is overly mad about the game not working on phenom processors specifically. What me, and a lot of other people are hella mad about, with good reason - is the fact that the game works fine on phenoms in beta, then works great on phenom for 320 hours of gameplay, and then, without any warning, stops working after a patch and we get the standardized ubi nonsense replies. That's my issue. This exact same thing happened to destiny 2 after launch, but bungie said oops and patched it to work even without ssse3 as quick as they could. But companies are cut from different cloth.
    ^^^ this!
     7 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #105
    Originally Posted by Defenestrator_. Go to original post
    I don't think anyone is overly mad about the game not working on phenom processors specifically. What me, and a lot of other people are hella mad about, with good reason - is the fact that the game works fine on phenoms in beta, then works great on phenom for 320 hours of gameplay, and THEN, without ANY warning, stops working after a patch and we get the standardized UBI nonsense replies. That's my issue. This exact same thing happened to Destiny 2 after launch, but Bungie said oops and patched it to work even without SSSE3 as quick as they could. But companies are cut from different cloth.
    Well, that's more or less right. I would say its something like an unwritten rule to not destroy a running game. Just keep it and than start with Div 3. Do not change a running system just for a little dlc. Or be the good developers who get brilliant backward compatibility even for the olddest systems. Also would be fine to play the old content just without the dlc stuff, if this would be an option but to force it tha bad way.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #106
    same problem here, 37% CTD
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #107
    Bambihunter1971's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rural Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,354
    Just out of curiosity among those affected. Are you using DX11 or DX12? I wondered if there was a connection on who's were successfully able to be verified to which DX version they are on. Or, GPU vendor type? CPU type? If everyone puts their PC specs in their response, maybe we'll find a common link.

    I haven't played it since the update. I was going to play Thursday, when I had to download that big update. With my internet speed, that meant many hours of downloading. I'll update this thread after I have played it.
    Share this post

  8. #108
    same here, im not alone
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #109
    I have the same problem. Game was running fine on my Athlon II X4 (yeah iknow the CPU is too old) and a GTX 970.

    Some minutes ago I verified the game data again. After the launch I got an "Patch-Update" Window.Had to restart the game, but still crashes around the 50 -60 % mark. But the game itself starts now fster than before...strange
    Share this post

  10. #110
    Originally Posted by Nexurion2305 Go to original post
    I have the same problem. Game was running fine on my Athlon II X4 (yeah iknow the CPU is too old) and a GTX 970.

    Some minutes ago I verified the game data again. After the launch I got an "Patch-Update" Window.Had to restart the game, but still crashes around the 50 -60 % mark. But the game itself starts now fster than before...strange
    can you disable any antivirus software temporary and do veryfying and launching game one more time with it disabled? Also are you on insider w10 build?
    Share this post