Simple hotfix for all assassins

Until every assassin gets their deserved buffs, I think you should raise all of their stamina, to 120-150% of the current one.. Since speed is not an assassin feature anymore, recoveries and dodges are normalized, and the only defining quality of theirs is poor damage, reflex guard and low health, this should be an absolute minimum for them to at least be able to use their mixup.

Glad, Zerk and Shaman gets about 20% bonus (or none, they are actually okay)
    Valkyrie, Aramusha, Shaolin and Nuxia gets 30%
    Pk, Orochi and Nobushi get 40%
    Shinobi and Centurion (if not reworked asap) get 50%

It would be fitting due to less armor, and it would at least even the odds marginally.

I agree but you named alotta hybrids in your post bud lol.

Yes, the ones resembling assassins. They are the thrash ones (what a coincidence).

Honestly, it is a joke at this point how **** they are. Runspeed is the only thing they have, and even in that, a Lawbringer still doesn't fall behind much.
     1 people found this helpful

Lukettle's Avatar Member
    Dont think increasing their stamina is anywhere near enough making things for assassins more fair. Some are so incredibly handicapped to the point its ridiculous. If the balance team reaaaally wants these nonsensical handicaps to stay, then i think it would be only fair to give assassins various better stuff like-

Better dodges with no dodge delay, meaning if there is incoming bash and you press dodge before it hits you, your iframes activate faster and you dodge and dont get hit, because youre an assassin and youre supposed to be agile, fast, hence buffs to more reflex based stuff like this, fair trade off for being closer to dying after taking damage due to your tiny hp. This could ofcourse apply to just dodges without attack, or the more generic slower attack dodges like Nuxia's, i guess not on stuff like shaman's attack dodge.

I would like to see reduced delay on guard direction switch (unless reflex guard already has that).

I would like to see bigger more forgiving parry windows for assassins than other heroes, if the team really wants them to be crap at blocking, then they should be better at parrying instead, since thats what theyre supposed to be doing (Other than deflects which are no better). Its only fair.

All or most of their attacks only granting heavy parry punishes. They have low hp, are supposed to be offensive and yet their offense isnt any better than that of non-assassin heroes and getting punished hurts them far more than other heroes. Change like that is only fair. Its not like they still arent squishy as heck and eating a heavy while youre on offense is still gonna hurt them just as bad as before due to their low hp, so i dont see any problem with this change whatsoever.

If youre gonna be squishy, you should have easier means of avoiding damage, since getting hit hurts you more.

They could apply all of this or some of it, or take the lazy route and give them normal block and increased hp like everyone keeps asking for. In any case id rather have any of this than something like obnoxious attack speed numbers etc, like 350ms lights and whatnot in attempt to make assassins better down the road. Which is something i can see team capable of doing. I believe them being more crap at not dying is what bothers the players more than their offense. At least for me its like that.

I'd rather buff their mobility aspects.

Allow them to dodge cancel openers and finishers either or both in the move itself or the recoveries.
    Allow them to have shaman's recovery on deflect attacks allowing you to deflect basically instantly and repeatedly.
    All dodge attacks can be done early into their dodge like Shaman and orochi.

Reflex guard wise they should get a short window where the guard remains after blocking. Allowing them to block multi hit attacks/attacks almost in the same window of time without needing to refresh on every hit.

Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    Yes, the ones resembling assassins. They are the thrash ones (what a coincidence).
    Valk and aramusha trash?
    Cent and shinobi yea
    And 3 of them are hybrids :/

Valk deals no damage, she is a midtier hero at most. Aramusha has very unfair punishes, but as soon as you have a bash, he is thrash too.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Lukettle Go to original post
    Dont think increasing their stamina is anywhere near enough making things for assassins more fair. Some are so incredibly handicapped to the point its ridiculous. If the balance team reaaaally wants these nonsensical handicaps to stay, then i think it would be only fair to give assassins various better stuff like-

Better dodges with no dodge delay, meaning if there is incoming bash and you press dodge before it hits you, your iframes activate faster and you dodge and dont get hit, because youre an assassin and youre supposed to be agile, fast, hence buffs to more reflex based stuff like this, fair trade off for being closer to dying after taking damage due to your tiny hp. This could ofcourse apply to just dodges without attack, or the more generic slower attack dodges like Nuxia's, i guess not on stuff like shaman's attack dodge.

I would like to see reduced delay on guard direction switch (unless reflex guard already has that).

I would like to see bigger more forgiving parry windows for assassins than other heroes, if the team really wants them to be crap at blocking, then they should be better at parrying instead, since thats what theyre supposed to be doing (Other than deflects which are no better). Its only fair.

All or most of their attacks only granting heavy parry punishes. They have low hp, are supposed to be offensive and yet their offense isnt any better than that of non-assassin heroes and getting punished hurts them far more than other heroes. Change like that is only fair. Its not like they still arent squishy as heck and eating a heavy while youre on offense is still gonna hurt them just as bad as before due to their low hp, so i dont see any problem with this change whatsoever.

If youre gonna be squishy, you should have easier means of avoiding damage, since getting hit hurts you more.

They could apply all of this or some of it, or take the lazy route and give them normal block and increased hp like everyone keeps asking for. In any case id rather have any of this than something like obnoxious attack speed numbers etc, like 350ms lights and whatnot in attempt to make assassins better down the road. Which is something i can see team capable of doing. I believe them being more crap at not dying is what bothers the players more than their offense. At least for me its like that.
    Absolutely correct and on point.

Mobility would also be nice, maybe all assassins should get all the stuff Zerk has (dodging out of heavies and heavy recoveries).

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard reworking some. If pk could dagger cancel all direction and got an unblockable heavy finisher, orochi could choose backward and forward dodge light direction with hidden indicators and would get an unblockable, and nuxia would get an intelligent trap mechanic, they would be fine. I don't get why they do not care about them.