A simple solution to end PVP de-ranking

Like most of the people who love SPPD, I hate how the PVP ladder is handled. The de-ranking problem has been an issue since day one, and although there have been changes made, the main issue of high tier players dropping down to get easy/fast wins against lower players has still remained (if not gotten worse). The problem with the current setup is that it actually ENCOURAGES de-ranking because it is very easy to lose points quickly and drop down to your bottom elo cap, with no worry of losing that high tier prize. Even losing to someone 500 elo above you, you still lose some points.

The most frustrating thing for me is that ending de-ranking would be EXTREMELY EASY! So here is my answer to the issue that is killing the enjoyment of the game: STOP REMOVING POINTS FOR DEFEATS!!! The season reset should drop everyone back to base level legendary (silver and lower leagues can remain where they are and just keep grinding to hit the legendary league starting elo amount), and each season should just be a simple point grind to get as far as you can before the next reset. The higher your points at the end of the season, the better the reward tier you get (much like it is now, but without the back and forth nonsense). Each match would be worth a guaranteed elo amount (for example, 25 points for a win and 5 points for a loss (yes, points for a loss because it still encourages you to keep playing and to finish the matches even when you know you're going to get destroyed)), with extra points awarded for winning against higher ranked players. Now they may have to increase the current tier's elo amounts, cause it would only require 100 wins if the reset started players at 6,000 and 8,500 was the goal to reach for the top rewards, but that is also an easy fix.

Now, we all know that the real reason the Devs are scared to address this issue is because they don't want to kill their cash cow (understandable, the game needs cash flow to keep operating and growing). However, this new setup doesn't affect income at all! Basically, there are 2 ways to maximize elo gain throughout the season, by winning the majority of your matches or by playing a $h!t ton. So for the whales that don't want to play 20+ matches a day, they are still going to drop that cash to have the strongest deck possible and increase their likelihood of winning. This is the best and easiest solution I have come up with to end de-ranking. So please everyone, help me spread the word and get the dev's attention so that we can save our game and make it even better!

If you never lost elo, you would constantly go up. That would increase their range of rewards and they would have to rework those. On top of that, finding matches for higher up players would be a gigantic hassle. If they never went down closer to levels of NKs that was a more fair battle, they would have to just wait for those players to grind up to be able to find matches against them. My recommendation was lowering elo losses and increasing elo gains based on the difference in level of NK you were facing (for example if you face against a level 18 as a level 23, losing would not make you go down as much in rank, but winning would accelerate your rank making it extremely hard to stay low level for any length of time making it not a viable option to finish events by deranking.

They didn't go with either your or my option, they tried their own thing. Let's just see what happens with their new fix.

a simple fix would be:
    1. stop dropping people into a big pile at the start of each season
    2. set floor to LIFETIME high -500, they can't then sit low, because their floor is around 8000

sounds like joke?
    Simple solution or simple man? :-D

Α simple guide to all those who seek to share their knowledge:

-Stop writing so much. Every time a new guy wants to enforce his great idea tends to write for 20 minutes straight and be sure we all eye-roll from the very beginning.
    -Stop and think that even if we imply your system; what would happen next and how practical would be- ( not replying only to OP)

In your cases I need to number them out:
    a) Inflation: you will constantly raise elo, until you would end up facing people with better deck/skills than you but you wouldn't because they would raise elo as well and the people above them too but HEY you know this thing has a roof, right? Ladder is not an ever-expanding galaxy so impractical level 100%.
    b) The "soft elo reset". You think this is the system flaw? Say I am an 8k player; whether at the start of the month I am moved 500 elo up or down, if I want to derank.. I still can! Only thing I have to do is press some buttons, wait some time or even close tab and join another game fast and hope noone reports me.
    c) MONEYYY. It's a cliché since my youth that devs are mad scientists toying with emotions and societies to make money. Look, this game charges 22€ for one ******g digital card so I am with you, it's 100% p2w but while this is a time killer for you, it's an 8 hours job for someone else. If you play casually, 3-4 hours per week you don't have to care about anything but if you play like 2 hours per day you are a ******bag if you don't support a game you obviously love. Even I, who have so many complaints about this game have bought several bundles with no other purpose than to show my support to a game I play for like 2 years+.

And finally, to address some other solutions being heard, they don't think about the following scenario:
    Say, again, I am an 8k player. I reached that with my Sci-fi/Adventure theme.
    Well if I want to play Superheroes/fantasy from now on, why judge me from my Elo and/or New Kid level? I will obviously suck and gonna lose 500 to 1000 elo until I learn to play or change some cards.

No. The solution is indeed simple and it's not something new. REPORT EVERY SINGLE GUY who stays AFK, throws a bunch of characters in the first couple of seconds and then stay AFK and all these smartypants as well as those who drop questionably high-level cards as Suspicious match because they most likely deranked before.
    Developers just need to be more harsh with the report system. That's all.

Cural42's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MyApolo***z Go to original post
    Α simple guide to all those who seek to share their knowledge:

-Stop writing so much. Every time a new guy wants to enforce his great idea tends to write for 20 minutes straight and be sure we all eye-roll from the very beginning.
    Ironic for you to write a long post that starts out with a statement to "stop writing so much" right near the beginning of your message!
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Cural42 Go to original post
    Ironic for you to write a long post that starts out with a statement to "stop writing so much" right near the beginning of your message!
    True that, but I'm trying to shortly debate several ideas so give me a break.