Plats in quick play against me

Why am I seeing Plats in quick play? I'm not a very good player. I don't see why I'm not matched with people alike in MMR. Or whatever judgement should be used. I get people want fast matches but playing against a plat when I would be ranked MAYBE low silver, same with the others on my team, makes me not want to play.
     2 people found this helpful

All I seem to get matched with is Plats on PS4. I'm pretty much shocked if I see anyone gold or silver. I havent been ranked in a few seasons either and yet, I'm getting matched with super sweaty lobbies. Sucks. This game has so many problems on PS4 right now it's tough to even play.
     4 people found this helpful

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    PC is the same , i could be playing against high plats and even maybe a Champion in the mix and the Next round i get an all unranked low stats Enemy team, matchmaking is a mess.
     3 people found this helpful

UbiFate's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey guys. Quick Play has its own separate MMR system to Ranked, so their rank is not taken into consideration when a match is formed. If you are encountering these players, it means your Quick Play MMR is similar, which could be for a variety of reasons. They may not play Quick Match as often, or just don't take it as seriously to stay in a lower MMR bracket.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by UbiFate Go to original post
    Hey guys. Quick Play has its own separate MMR system to Ranked, so their rank is not taken into consideration when a match is formed. If you are encountering these players, it means your Quick Play MMR is similar, which could be for a variety of reasons. They may not play Quick Match as often, or just don't take it as seriously to stay in a lower MMR bracket.
    The main problem is that you dont do any resets as far as i know. Meaning mmrs are staying the same due to massive amounts of matches played.

Also another thing is that your mm has no team balance algorithm whatsoever. I dont mind playing plats and diamonds in casual but it shouldnt be me with four silvers and coppers against 5 plats that are all solo players.

Why do we never get any mention that this is going ot be fixed as it is such a big problem and so many people have complained about it.

IMO there should be a rank limit to fix this issues. E.g someone who is Silver can't play with anyone higher than Gold 1.

lceycat's Avatar Member
    It's disgusting how sweaty casual is. Our squad is pretty average at best and we're placed against diamonds and platinums all the time in casual. (We're unranked because we like the other maps and modes they removed from ranked) To the point where we wonder if there are even ranked players below gold any more that even play in casual because we NEVER see copper, bronze or silver players in casual. But there's Always platinums in almost every single match. Every once in a while it'll be just Golds (for a breath of fresh air) and of course tons of unranked players but half of those are level 30 with only 300 xbox gamerscore smurf accounts doing run outs and flick shots while running pro strats

because quick play is meant to be casual for everyone to relax. This game is primarily a competitive game it is what it is. This game was never meant for casuals. They put the casual game play in for ranked and competitive players to relax and that just by happen chance attracted casual players. This game wasn't meant for people who want a casual only experience.
     1 people found this helpful

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Here we go again. The same explanation about how the MMR's between modes are different. But still NO explanation as to why the Quick Match MMR is BRRROOOOKKKEN. I would understand having an occasionally skewed match. But the lopsided matchmaking happens ALL the time; it's the rule, not an exception.

And how do you Ubi expect a casual player to learn to play if he is bullied by much much superior players in every game?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►