Maestro's ACOG

Please don't take away pizza man's acog, he's one of the most balanced operators in the game already don't make him bad
     1 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    He is far from being the most balanced. Look how many clutches he makes in pretty much every pro league match without even reloading.

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by TheVaultTecRep Go to original post
    Please don't take away pizza man's acog, he's one of the most balanced operators in the game already don't make him bad
    Hey VaultTec, thanks for your feedback on Maestro, and welcome to the forums!

We've seen a lot of reactions to him losing his ACOG on the TTS. It would be weird to see him without one, but the devs feel this might be a step in the right direction of balance for Maestro.

If the change doesn't make its way to the live build, what are some other ways you'd like to see Maestro nerfed?

DarthCynical's Avatar Senior Member
    Tossed to the side, used & abused, right where Ubisoft left me
    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post

We've seen a lot of reactions to him losing his ACOG on the TTS. It would be weird to see him without one, but the devs feel this might be a step in the right direction of balance for Maestro.

If the change doesn't make its way to the live build, what are some other ways you'd like to see Maestro nerfed?
    How about giving his laser LMG some bloody recoil?

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by DarthCynical Go to original post
    How about giving his laser LMG some bloody recoil?
    When it comes to his recoil, I've heard mixed things about it in the community. One half feels it's too accurate, while others feel it's a bit all over the place. For me personally, I'm kind of in the middle. On some occasions, I'm able to control it pretty well, whereas, on others, I feel like I can't control it to save my life (literally). It seems like it feels different in everyone's hands.

I'm assuming by your comment, you're in the former half?
     1 people found this helpful

I'm guessing the development team is opposed to the idea of cutting his LMG's mag size in half and replacing his impact grenades with a shield or deployable cam ? This way, you would really put an end to those "maestro ace in 10 seconds" videos on youtube and also keep the pro-league scene in line for using his grenades for impact-tricking.

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post

I dont even feel like maestro needs a nerf tbh. His lmg (while really potent) requires a lot more skill and is much less comfortable to use then for exapmle the mp5.
    Next to that his gadget has so many counters and at least 1 of them is always on the board.
    And lastly he just lost his shield which was a substential nerf already.
    He is one of those very balanced operators that isnt a nessacity to bring but you can never go wrong with either. Also by making such a substential change to him most maesteo players are gonna start maining doc or echo instead which are ops that have too high pickrates already. And pls for the love of god dont go down the route of taking their acogs as well.

Nah, Maestro is really busted and probably is the most casual-friendly operator in the defense side. If all operators had as much work as him, the game would be golden.

Then again, the ACOG change won't make any differences on his ace potential so how we move from there ? More nerfs to him down the line ? At this point, it would be wiser to just stick to Doc for more crackhead 3 armor gameplay. The developers sure don't have any problems with this french operator despite veteran players using his heals to push runouts, spawn peeks or any agressive behaviors to win duels (instead to heal teammates).

Maestro losing ACOG I feel is a mistake, as he is one of the few operators who uses an LMG. R6 has a real problem with shotguns and LMG's being generally trash, and I would prefer to avoid an LMG for a 1 speed losing an acog as it will just see a move to Rook, Doc and Echo, even though the first two spawn peek a lot more.

I feel Maesto should keep his ACOG, but potentially have his magazine size reduced to 50/60 for example.

I also think, if he lost his impacts, people would also have to potentially run the baliff, so he doesn't use the Keratos. (Effect would be he can't have a great LMG as well as an amazing secondary, and still have impacts).

His recoil is still pretty high, so it seems balanced to me right now, but a reduction in fire rate may even out the odds somewhat. (A reduction to 850 maybe, to keep it above smaller SMG's which have a lower aim down sight time).

This removing of all ACOG's doesn't give players a choice in how they play, I mean a COD style gunsmith system is really fun but R6 literally doesn't even want to give playuers a choice of optic.