1. #31
    MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    So. Calif.
    Posts
    3,038
    Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    Whilst that is true, Mike, I have also found that I am pretty much enjoying the game in the same way that RTEK is. I played Wildlands in a similar way too, and the original with a similar approach.

    I have found that I can more or less ignore GS and crafting and wander around enjoying the underlying game. In playing that way, then for me, the behaviour of the enemy AI (usually) and the terrain feel better than Wildlands. My hope for the new mode and the AI squad is that these changes will help more people to get more of what is there.
    IIRC, Blue, RTEK stated he didn't play Wildlands. So in that context his post reads as if what he's doing in BP is some unique experience. Believe me I understand for BP what's being described is about the only way currently to get something out of the game, unlike in Wildlands - IMO.
     4 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #32
    AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pacific
    Posts
    5,029
    Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    IIRC, Blue, RTEK stated he didn't play Wildlands. So in that context his post reads as if what he's doing in BP is some unique experience. Believe me I understand for BP what's being described is about the only way currently to get something out of the game, unlike in Wildlands - IMO.
    Yeah, I agree. In their current states Wildlands is a better overall game than Breakpoint, and there is too much in Breakpoint for many players to be able to tolerate the features they dislike. That said, there is the potential for Breakpoint to drastically improve. We will look back at 2020 and good or bad it will probably be seen as the make or break year for the franchise for many of us.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #33
    Rainbow Six ----- Vegas I & II (which personally, I didn't think they were R6 but so-so shooters) were the last games for me, after Siege the franchised was lost to me, I can't even imagine playing it now, less so because it doesn't have single player.

    Far Cry or any sequels of the first were lost after FC2 (didn't even finished it) but I did enjoy FC3 & 4 after I learn to enjoy the game because it was a fantasy shooter and not necessarily an FC game, I did play them quiet a few times but FC5 was the straw the broke the camel's back.

    Something tells me that Breakpoint will be the end of GR and if bugs and glitches are fix and enemy ai gets some TLC and teammates ai introduced (even though I have no idea why or in what capacity with the game story the way it is) and weapons fix and the gameplay (a lot of ands here lol), we will enjoy it for a shooter but not because it is a good GR game. Something tells me any future GR games will be just to use the name and milk as much out of what they paid for. Kinda like Disney with StarWars but in a much worse scale.

    So, all in all, the 3 most liked Franchises for me have been kicked to the curve and treated like the red headed step child by Ubisoft. Shame really.

    Oh, sorry, before I offend some people here. THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION, your miles may vary.
    Share this post

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    Yeah, I agree. In their current states Wildlands is a better overall game than Breakpoint, and there is too much in Breakpoint for many players to be able to tolerate the features they dislike. That said, there is the potential for Breakpoint to drastically improve. We will look back at 2020 and good or bad it will probably be seen as the make or break year for the franchise for many of us.
    How sad is it that you have to try to find ways to play the game differently then it was designed?

    And i still can't find a single thing about this that says its a Tom Clancy game other then the name... What feature comes back to the Ghost Recon Tom was involved in?
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #35
    Steven527's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,065
    Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    Whilst that is true, Mike, I have also found that I am pretty much enjoying the game in the same way that RTEK is. I played Wildlands in a similar way too, and the original with a similar approach.

    I have found that I can more or less ignore GS and crafting and wander around enjoying the underlying game. In playing that way, then for me, the behaviour of the enemy AI (usually) and the terrain feel better than Wildlands. My hope for the new mode and the AI squad is that these changes will help more people to get more of what is there.
    One of the things I am doing lately is taking a GS 1 dude with just the original pistol unsilenced, sneaking into an office building then start shooting. As long as I pick a place with no drones it can be pretty entertaining.
    Share this post

  6. #36
    Companies like Ubisoft have been focusing their games for years to cover most of the mass of players, which are precisely the new generations, raised with easy looting and battle royale. As time passes, players like "us" are increasingly niche, and maybe one day we will just be like Charlon Heston in "The Omega Man" ........ just a legend ...

     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #37
    MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    So. Calif.
    Posts
    3,038
    ... or instead we become the legend of El Cid:
    Share this post

  8. #38
    Originally Posted by Vault_Traveler Go to original post
    If they **** up splinter cell (especially after Solid Snake is literally dead) I gonna **** them all up the ***, south park style.

    Also you can tell how much Ubisoft is clueless because its 2020 and all they came up with is a Rainbow Six Zombie 3 Player coop Game... just what the ****? The zombie train left the stations years ago.
    It not just the Zombies. It's a RB6 campaign that forces co-op. WTF? Co-op is s'hit. I'm sure it makes sense if you work in ubi-land with 12000 colleagues that are gamers. But randoms are idiots. Especially on Tues mornings when I might get an hour to play something.. because I have career that doesn't involve f'uckin about in Paris..
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #39
    Slarlac249's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,228
    no one plays single player games anymore.

    - some ubi exec


    erm, no, they sure do play them.

    - man who went out window
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #40
    Guys guys, as much as I agree with you and I am sad and pissed at the same time.

    Lets be honest with ourselves.

    Last Clancy games were Ghost Recon 1 and R6 Raven Shield. But I still consider as a true last Clancy game: R6 Rogue Spear.

    Many people bought vegas or following GR games which only supported Ubisoft to create more games like that. You should have revolted back then and the Clancy series would be saved. Now... I think its too late and I will never see my belowed Rainbow team with John Clark ever again unless I get a pirate copy of Rogue Spear... because this masterpiece is no longer available on any digital store...
    Share this post