Originally Posted by Ghost Sniper33 Go to original post
    I could live with R6 and Breakpoint, if they stop calling them Tom Clancy games. Tehy are not, and all they are doing is bastardizing his name and getting hopes up.

I wouldn't buy either one, but atleast they wouldn't be taking advantage of his name and dragging it through the mud for his family.
    Ubisoft stopped caring about the Tom Clancy name when he sold his naming rights to the company years before is passing. Think it was around GRAW or GRAW 2. Ever since then, Ubisoft has been doing his name wrong. It's nothing new, been happening since GRAW. Then Future Soldier came out and they did away with 8v8 multiplayer pvp...... that was ****** up and that's when I quit playing Ghost Recon, built my self a PC and went to Arma.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Xx_RTEK_xX Go to original post
    Ubisoft stopped caring about the Tom Clancy name when he sold his naming rights to the company years before is passing. Think it was around GRAW or GRAW 2. Ever since then, Ubisoft has been doing his name wrong. It's nothing new, been happening since GRAW. Then Future Soldier came out and they did away with 8v8 multiplayer pvp...... that was ****** up and that's when I quit playing Ghost Recon, built my self a PC and went to Arma.
    My point exactly, I believe it was you saying Complaining here picked up with GRAW.... see the correlation?

Originally Posted by Ghost Sniper33 Go to original post
    My point exactly, I believe it was you saying Complaining here picked up with GRAW.... see the correlation?
    I do. I went back to my history of posts on this account and found some polls I put up about FS only being 4 player coop. Majority that voted on it said it was deal breaker. Here we are 10 years later, and still only have 4 player coop in Ghost Recon, when it used to be 16 player coop if the host's connection was good. Ubi doesn't give 2 ***** about what majority of players want, only what they think we want. That's why BP has GS. They saw how much the kids liked it in Division and say oh they'll love it in GR.

The reason I like BP is the open map allows me to hit any site, camp, base, etc from any direction and time of day/night I want. I turn everything off and drive, walk or fly to the AO to do the obj. The travel for me is part of the fun. Reminds me of the old map High Sierra, think we had to rescue a pilot in that mission. Moving through the map with enemy patrols everywhere. BP gives me that feel of OGR and GRIT of the weather, the night, the random patrols, the stealth of trying to get to the objective with minimal contact. I make BP play for me how I used to enjoy the old Recons. To me BP is a Sandbox where I can roam around at my pace and see how far I can go till I die. Sometimes I will only reup on gear when I reach the main base. Scavenge what I find along the way. Craft what I can. Playing without use of fast travel makes the game so much more fun to play, for me. Oh, and I don't even carry looted weapons with me. I break them down for the upgrade parts. Just to play more on the immersion side. Nothing less immersive than having a magical backpack that holds 50 rifles in it.
     1 people found this helpful

It is only about the money. I don't think they care anymore. In here they just try to soothe the angry crowd by asking "how would you like the game to change", "what would you like in the game", "we are listening". I mean seeing the trailer someone posted from one of the first R6 games.... They were just great. We spent hours sitting together in the basements playing those games with friends. Nowadays everything needs to be eSports and MTX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc

It is sad to see what this (and other) part(s) of the TC universe has turned into. I didn't even play the the R6 Siege just tried the tutorial and uninstalled. Luckily I got it for free. I am just not into all this Unicorn colored guns and stuff.

I bet Tom Clancy would turn in his grave.....
     2 people found this helpful

I was hoping for a new Splinter Cell for so long now. But at this Point I actually think it's better they don't touch that Franchise.
    Probably right. They already ****** up Splinter Cell with Conviction, and while Blacklist was a step back in the right direction in some ways, it still doesn't hold a candle to Chaos Theory. I'm afraid that instead of taking further steps in the right direction and trying to build off of Chaos Theory's design philosophy, we are going to get an open world Blacklist with Loot and Gear Score, which is basically what Watch Dogs Legion looks like anyway.

My only hope that we get a good Splinter Cell is if Clint Hocking picks up the reigns again after he's done with Watch Dogs Legion and decides to reinvigorate the Chaos Theory formula.

MikeWeeks's Avatar Senior Member
    The reason I like BP is the open map allows me to hit any site, camp, base, etc from any direction and time of day/night I want. I turn everything off and drive, walk or fly to the AO to do the obj. The travel for me is part of the fun. Reminds me of the old map High Sierra, think we had to rescue a pilot in that mission. Moving through the map with enemy patrols everywhere. BP gives me that feel of OGR and GRIT of the weather, the night, the random patrols, the stealth of trying to get to the objective with minimal contact. I make BP play for me how I used to enjoy the old Recons. To me BP is a Sandbox where I can roam around at my pace and see how far I can go till I die. Sometimes I will only reup on gear when I reach the main base. Scavenge what I find along the way. Craft what I can. Playing without use of fast travel makes the game so much more fun to play, for me. Oh, and I don't even carry looted weapons with me. I break them down for the upgrade parts. Just to play more on the immersion side. Nothing less immersive than having a magical backpack that holds 50 rifles in it.
    This is basically describing what one can do in Wildlands ... without having to worry at all about GS or loot. Plus the Wildlands open sandbox is certainly more "alive" than anything shown so far in BP.
     2 people found this helpful

lesh-1's Avatar Senior Member
    I do. I went back to my history of posts on this account and found some polls I put up about FS only being 4 player coop. Majority that voted on it said it was deal breaker. Here we are 10 years later, and still only have 4 player coop in Ghost Recon, when it used to be 16 player coop if the host's connection was good. Ubi doesn't give 2 ***** about what majority of players want, only what they think we want. That's why BP has GS. They saw how much the kids liked it in Division and say oh they'll love it in GR.

This doesn't work in Breakpoint! Because the camera changes position when enemies are nearby. She approaches our character, and he changes his stance at the ready. Because of this, you always know that the enemy is nearby. Another stupid decision that ruins everything.
     4 people found this helpful

Steven527's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by lesh-1 Go to original post
    This doesn't work in Breakpoint! Because the camera changes position when enemies are nearby. She approaches our character, and he changes his stance at the ready. Because of this, you always know that the enemy is nearby. Another stupid decision that ruins everything.
    Yeah this is one issue in I can never be truly surprised. It really hurts with the Wolves as they at least exercise some patrol discipline.

I have given up that this would ever be a proper GR game and try to work within it's constraints similar to Xx_RTEK-xX. A couple things that would really enhance it for me are - allow me to drive a sentinel vehicle similar to driving Cartel and Unidad vehicles in Wildlands. Get rid of online only and allow me to have a local save. I really like I can have a character with a sidearm only but as soon as I equip with a primary, I am permanently stuck with that. I'd have to completely recreate a character to go back to sidearm only. If they can't do online only at least let me unequip weapon slots.

lesh-1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Steven527 Go to original post
    Yeah this is one issue in I can never be truly surprised. It really hurts with the Wolves as they at least exercise some patrol discipline.

I have given up that this would ever be a proper GR game and try to work within it's constraints similar to Xx_RTEK-xX. A couple things that would really enhance it for me are - allow me to drive a sentinel vehicle similar to driving Cartel and Unidad vehicles in Wildlands. Get rid of online only and allow me to have a local save. I really like I can have a character with a sidearm only but as soon as I equip with a primary, I am permanently stuck with that. I'd have to completely recreate a character to go back to sidearm only. If they can't do online only at least let me unequip weapon slots.
    In order for this to work, they will have to remove the modes of equipment points. Which will automatically disable the RAID, since it is tied to this Masturbation with numbers. Some guy from Delta said they were thinking about this feature, but I don't really believe it. Most likely, we will get a separate Ghost mode with one main weapon and 3 bandages in the inventory.

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MikeWeeks Go to original post
    This is basically describing what one can do in Wildlands ... without having to worry at all about GS or loot. Plus the Wildlands open sandbox is certainly more "alive" than anything shown so far in BP.
    Whilst that is true, Mike, I have also found that I am pretty much enjoying the game in the same way that RTEK is. I played Wildlands in a similar way too, and the original with a similar approach.

I have found that I can more or less ignore GS and crafting and wander around enjoying the underlying game. In playing that way, then for me, the behaviour of the enemy AI (usually) and the terrain feel better than Wildlands. My hope for the new mode and the AI squad is that these changes will help more people to get more of what is there.