KingSpawn1979's Avatar Senior Member
    I was hoping for a new Splinter Cell for so long now. But at this Point I actually think it's better they don't touch that Franchise.
     7 people found this helpful

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Xx_RTEK_xX Go to original post
    We've had it for a long time. It's called Arma. Bohemia switched from OF to Arma a long time ago when they stopped developing for Codemasters. The programmers and developers of Operation Flashpoint are the ones that have been developing Arma, Arma 2 and Arma 3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA:_Armed_Assault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive

I used to love making missions on Arma 3. Some day I'll go back to it. All my missions were Ghost Recon like missions.

I'm aware of ArmA, I played with the TAW platoon in ArmA 2. As far as console gaming goes though, Operation Flashpoint was the closest to ArmA we got. Loved it, I still have a good PC and ArmA 3 but my buddies don't yet.

This part of this mission is what reminds me so much of playing old Ghost Recon, even though we didn't get to call in missile strikes back then. Just the feel of it.
     1 people found this helpful

This part of this mission is what reminds me so much of playing old Ghost Recon, even though we didn't get to call in missile strikes back then. Just the feel of it.

We used to do a custom made mission once a week, two optional practice missions too. It was a blast.

I mostly flew transport helicopter in public matches, it's hard to fly in that game, or more accurately it's hard to land without wrecking your helo lol but the challenge made it fun, having 15 players in the back depending on you to get their safely was both nerve racking and fun.

It was also immersive, the whole way to the AO I would be listening to the infantry/animals in the back cursing and swearing and going over their plans for when we got there, it was pretty funny, it was like being on a bus on a road trip with a hockey team.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by KingSpawn1979 Go to original post
    I was hoping for a new Splinter Cell for so long now. But at this Point I actually think it's better they don't touch that Franchise.
    If they **** up splinter cell (especially after Solid Snake is literally dead) I gonna **** them all up the ***, south park style.

Also you can tell how much Ubisoft is clueless because its 2020 and all they came up with is a Rainbow Six Zombie 3 Player coop Game... just what the ****? The zombie train left the stations years ago.
     6 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Vault_Traveler Go to original post
    If they **** up splinter cell (especially after Solid Snake is literally dead) I gonna **** them all up the ***, south park style.

Also you can tell how much Ubisoft is clueless because its 2020 and all they came up with is a Rainbow Six Zombie 3 Player coop Game... just what the ****? The zombie train left the stations years ago.
    It's only 3 player? Ewe.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    We used to do a custom made mission once a week, two optional practice missions too. It was a blast.

I mostly flew transport helicopter in public matches, it's hard to fly in that game, or more accurately it's hard to land without wrecking your helo lol but the challenge made it fun, having 15 players in the back depending on you to get their safely was both nerve racking and fun.

It was also immersive, the whole way to the AO I would be listening to the infantry/animals in the back cursing and swearing and going over their plans for when we got there, it was pretty funny, it was like being on a bus on a road trip with a hockey team.
    I'm awesome at flying helos in Arma 2 and 3. I have a HOTAS, no pedals yet though. I spent so many hours on there just free flying around practicing my approach to an LZ and landing in tight places. Also spent a lot of time just flying around the air fields just with my skids just inches off the ground. Old server we used to run back in the old DayZ days, anyone that wanted to be a pilot to go out and rescue survivors and give rides to players, would have to try out. One of the tests was if they could fly inside a hangar and back out without hitting anything.

There are people that would claim the TC games have been dead since the early 2000s. I’m not one of them, but there’s been disagreement on all of the franchises for nearly two decades now as to how far they’ve fallen. With all that being said...we’ve clearly hit a point in the TC brand where it feels there is a fundamental break between the old and new.

Rainbow Six is *completely* unrecognizable now as the fan base is super mainstream and has embraced the streaming/e-sport craze. I knew things were in trouble the moment it was revealed that the game wouldn’t have a campaign. It became cemented after that completely stupid space zombie special event from a few years ago...so embarrassing. Now knowing they’re going to essentially revisit the outbreak/zombie thing again just makes me want to vomit. Unfortunately, Rainbow Six’s current fan base loves the rampant stupidity and silly tone so it’s time to understand that there is zero chance the franchise can be revived. It’s over and it’s not coming back.

As far as Ghost Recon goes...I still think a revival is possible or at the very least it can morph into something that’s still good. The only reason I feel this way is because Ubisoft tried to shoe horn in their one-size-fits-all-pseudo-MMO nonsense into the franchise and it spectacularly backfired unlike their Rainbow Six mutation. Breakpoint is disliked by generally everybody, so there’s no incentive to try this abysmal failure again. We’ll see.

With that said I’m dying to play Insurgency on console when it eventually gets released.
     2 people found this helpful

I'm awesome at flying helos in Arma 2 and 3. I have a HOTAS, no pedals yet though. I spent so many hours on there just free flying around practicing my approach to an LZ and landing in tight places. Also spent a lot of time just flying around the air fields just with my skids just inches off the ground. Old server we used to run back in the old DayZ days, anyone that wanted to be a pilot to go out and rescue survivors and give rides to players, would have to try out. One of the tests was if they could fly inside a hangar and back out without hitting anything.
    They had training courses for TAW platoon too, but I never got certified to fly during missions.

I bought a couple analogues to use for flying but never any good ones, it'd be sweet to use the pedals and everything, I always just used a combination of keyboard and mouse, only used the mouse for fine tuning the movements, usually just before landing. Using keys was difficult, I had about 9 different keys just for movement lol

I could live with R6 and Breakpoint, if they stop calling them Tom Clancy games. Tehy are not, and all they are doing is bastardizing his name and getting hopes up.

I wouldn't buy either one, but atleast they wouldn't be taking advantage of his name and dragging it through the mud for his family.