ManticButton's Avatar Senior Member

tom clancy games are dead

this is stupid why is an elite black ops counter terrorism unit actively going out of their way to show off their faces and tactics to a large crowd of people
    are you actually kidding me or did the devs never play the original games or read the book

between this and ghost recons total failure as a military game tom clancy games are now toast

9 people found this helpful

Even says in the original intro, absolute secrecy, their existance known only to the most senior govt officials.
     3 people found this helpful

lesh-1's Avatar Senior Member
    Welcome to the madhouse!

The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    We need another Operation Flashpoint!
     4 people found this helpful

Tom Clancy's games were done when he left. They bastardize his name now with out blinking an eye.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    We need another Operation Flashpoint!
    We've had it for a long time. It's called Arma. Bohemia switched from OF to Arma a long time ago when they stopped developing for Codemasters. The programmers and developers of Operation Flashpoint are the ones that have been developing Arma, Arma 2 and Arma 3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flashpoint

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA:_Armed_Assault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARMA_3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive

I used to love making missions on Arma 3. Some day I'll go back to it. All my missions were Ghost Recon like missions.

1 people found this helpful

If only they'd move to a console

I wish, but Arma 3 would melt consoles. No matter how powerful your machine it, that game will push it to it's limits.

If you search youtube for "Arma 3 RTEK", there's some videos people uploaded of some of my old missions I made for Arma 3. Some were buggy, but they were so much fun to make and play. They weren't anything elaborate, but were all made to remind me of the old days of playing Ghost Recon and Island Thunder.
     2 people found this helpful

Seriously. The next Rainbow Six entry is going to be a ******g zombie game. Because Tom Clancy wrote extensively about zombies, right? It's one thing to have a one-off event like that, it's another to completely disregard a series' storied history for a cash grab. The same can be said about The Division and Ghost Recon Breakpoint. How in the hell is The Division even referred to as a Tom Clancy game? It's a ******g loot shooter. Same with Breakpoint. Clancy games are supposed to be tactical games with a grounded premise.

Things really started going downhill with Splinter Cell Conviction, which is more of a generic direct-to-DVD plot than a Clancy plot. SC Blacklist was a bit more Clancy, but still too much 24 influence. In any case, both plots were bad. RS Vegas 2 and GR Future Soldier's plots were kind of a mess as well. Things clearly have only gotten worse over the years.

Here's to hoping that somebody at Ubisoft finally decides to pick up a Tom Clancy book again and takes some inspiration for another game down the line. If they need some self-inspiration, they need look no further than the first three Splinter Cell games. Those are easily Ubisoft's most true to form Clancy games in terms of narrative (with GR 1 up there as well). Otherwise, they can just quit using his name if they're not even going to bother to get the concepts right.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Newman_Oldman1 Go to original post
    Seriously. The next Rainbow Six entry is going to be a ******g zombie game. Because Tom Clancy wrote extensively about zombies, right? It's one thing to have a one-off event like that, it's another to completely disregard a series' storied history for a cash grab. The same can be said about The Division and Ghost Recon Breakpoint. How in the hell is The Division even referred to as a Tom Clancy game? It's a ******g loot shooter. Same with Breakpoint. Clancy games are supposed to be tactical games with a grounded premise.

Things really started going downhill with Splinter Cell Conviction, which is more of a generic direct-to-DVD plot than a Clancy plot. SC Blacklist was a bit more Clancy, but still too much 24 influence. In any case, both plots were bad. RS Vegas 2 and GR Future Soldier's plots were kind of a mess as well. Things clearly have only gotten worse over the years.

Here's to hoping that somebody at Ubisoft finally decides to pick up a Tom Clancy book again and takes some inspiration for another game down the line. If they need some self-inspiration, they need look no further than the first three Splinter Cell games. Those are easily Ubisoft's most true to form Clancy games in terms of narrative (with GR 1 up there as well). Otherwise, they can just quit using his name if they're not even going to bother to get the concepts right.
    I don't thnk they have the ability to read at a level to read his books...
     6 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►