I've played about 200 hours into this game, and I'd say a good bit of that was genuine enjoyment, I enjoyed the story for how unfinished and hit or miss certain aspects of it was, so from a strict price point I guess?, but I am definitely disappointed, as I can't play it any longer due to the broken nature and lack of depth in game mechanics that overall make the game feel unengaging. Especially sad since I've put in about 70 days in Future Soldier(my favorite game in the franchise and favorite millitary shooter of all time) and 32 days in Wildlands. Also it saddens me since there is a lot of great potential here and the core is extremely solid, but for every good and great mechanic, there is an absolutely terrible one that goes with it, so in that regard, no, I expected much more, and compared to previous GRs I have not gotten my money's worth.

Not really. Even if you put lots of hours into the game, the story is just about 4-8 boring and uninspired hours I would guess. The drip-feeding they do with the likewise uninspired outcast and homesteader missions is also BS in my opinion. Just another incentive to lure the players back every now and then. But still the same boring stuff. The rest is just fighting against bugs, trying to handle glitches, running over an almost empty and uninteresting island, bad design choices. Everything on it consists only of a crate with skell creds and some loot stuff you don't need/want. The rich 'lore'.... I haven't really found it. But instead the treasure maps from Black Flag...... Just putting a lot of meaningless content into a game to artificially stretch the play/chore time isn't really the kind of 'fun' that I enjoy. Maybe the PvP mode is interesting for someone, but for me it is just something they should detach from the game and make it standalone, or at least there the developers can run riot with classes and such.

Again, just my opinion. Glad if others are having a blast with it, I just don't in its current state. I would like to have them tear it down completely and rebuild it from scratch. But that is never gonna happen. I don't even have any hopes for a successor and as someone before me said I hope they don't touch Splinter Cell anymore and just leave it alone, because I fear it would turn out in a similar way.

Edcrophilia's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by jasmin071 Go to original post
    As in the title. I bought Ultimate edition on preorder thinking this will be as good as wildlands but no and I dont feel like I did get my moneys worth. I finished singleplayer only with all side missions completed. Not interested in MP. Lesson learned. Will not preorder game anymore, at least from Ubisoft or this studio.
    Too the OP title, no.
     1 people found this helpful

"Did you get your moneys worth after buying Breakpoint?"

Scenario:
    You go to a dealership to buy a Red Jeep Wrangler. The vehicle is valued at $20k. You pay the dealer, and they hand you the keys to a Blue Geo Tracker, valued at $6k. THEN they explain that the Jeep isn't available yet, but you can drive the Geo in the mean time. You accept because you've now paid your money, and have no option to get it back. Over the course of the next few weeks, the dealer has offered you free oil changes for the Geo and some new seat covers. They've also had you bring it back into the shop so they could put new tires on it.(They look a little nicer than the old tires, but the now squeal when you go around corners a little too tight). When you ask about the Red Jeep Wrangler you paid for, they then tell you that "It'll be ready in a short while" but they also can't confirm if it is going to be Red, or even a Wrangler. Later, you discover the Geo starts to sputter and stall when you go above 55MPH, this is a side effect of something the mechanic did when they were replacing the tires. When you tell the dealer, they schedule you an appointment with their mechanic, and when that day arrives, the mechanic is out of office, and on vacation. You call up the dealer and they say the best they can do is schedule you for another appointment over a month from now, but they'll have to get back to you with the specific date and time.
    So you're driving your Blue Geo Tracker, for a few months, grinding your teeth every time you take a corner, watching your throttle to not break 55MPH. All you can do is wait for your next appointment with the mechanic. The dealer has given you no news, and won't answer your calls, in regards to the status of the Red Jeep Wrangler you paid money for.

"Did you get your moneys worth after buying a Red Jeep Wrangler?"

That answer is an obvious "**** no!"
     10 people found this helpful

I thought I did until RDR2 came out for PC, that's when I realised Ubisoft had been ripping me off for years.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by CrockfordCK Go to original post
    "Did you get your moneys worth after buying Breakpoint?"

Scenario:
    You go to a dealership to buy a Red Jeep Wrangler. The vehicle is valued at $20k. You pay the dealer, and they hand you the keys to a Blue Geo Tracker, valued at $6k. THEN they explain that the Jeep isn't available yet, but you can drive the Geo in the mean time. You accept because you've now paid your money, and have no option to get it back. Over the course of the next few weeks, the dealer has offered you free oil changes for the Geo and some new seat covers. They've also had you bring it back into the shop so they could put new tires on it.(They look a little nicer than the old tires, but the now squeal when you go around corners a little too tight). When you ask about the Red Jeep Wrangler you paid for, they then tell you that "It'll be ready in a short while" but they also can't confirm if it is going to be Red, or even a Wrangler. Later, you discover the Geo starts to sputter and stall when you go above 55MPH, this is a side effect of something the mechanic did when they were replacing the tires. When you tell the dealer, they schedule you an appointment with their mechanic, and when that day arrives, the mechanic is out of office, and on vacation. You call up the dealer and they say the best they can do is schedule you for another appointment over a month from now, but they'll have to get back to you with the specific date and time.
    So you're driving your Blue Geo Tracker, for a few months, grinding your teeth every time you take a corner, watching your throttle to not break 55MPH. All you can do is wait for your next appointment with the mechanic. The dealer has given you no news, and won't answer your calls, in regards to the status of the Red Jeep Wrangler you paid money for.

"Did you get your moneys worth after buying a Red Jeep Wrangler?"

That answer is an obvious "**** no!"
    The cheerleaders and poster boys will tell you to look at the GEO for what it is and not for what you wanted to be, which of course, was the Wrangler that you paid for and were hoping to be driving instead.

I personally thought about buying it when it got to about 14 USD because I figured it was cheap enough but I didn't so yeah, for the time being, I did get my money's worth.

If the game is even playable on PC after all the laborious hard work put on forth by the Devs (whomever they have left working on it), even if its more a Far Cry game than a Ghost Recon game, I will buy it.

This game is worth the $19.99 price tag I see on it now. But not full price I paid. The story is too short, side missions don't take long either, faction missions can be fun sometimes, but mostly repetitive and boring. PVP is frustrating with a lot of folks using DRM glitch, raid is terrible unless running with DMR glitch. But what really bothers me about this game, is it just feels like Ubisoft has ditched this game, there's not much in the way of news coming out as fast as year 1 content, dlc's, patches, etc.
     3 people found this helpful

No.... And worse than that. I've lost trust in game development. I'll NEVER pre order anything again. And I'll never buy a season pass again, because of Ubisoft. They have damaged the game industry for me. And I can't be the only one.

Well, I paid less than $10, so yeah...the few hours I played were worth it, I suppose.

I did. It was free

still I somehow like the general concept and see how awesome this game could have been...

But honestly if I didnt have friends playing I would long gone.

As was stated many times before. Even the most boring thing is fun with friends...