1. #1

    Need tips about new game plus

    I want to start new game on nightmare mode but I am not sure should I start new game plus or regular new game.

    So my question is will the game become too easy on new game plus with all abilities already unlocked ?

    On the other side I would need to beat like half of the game to unlock all abilites again which will be less fun without all my abilites .

    So is there enough challenge on new game plus wit all abilities ?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    As almost all your foes will scale up to your level, it can still be challenging in NG+. I had a ton of fun replaying the game as the Demi-God the EB is after the original playthrough. So, I thought I'd try a new game from scratch at a harder level than my original game. Man, that hurt for about 20 levels, and then it got even harder! I finally scaled back because I was NOT having as much fun as I thought I would, although I still am playing differently than my original game, AND the NG+. Odyssey is such a terrific game you can really do it whatever way you want, but at the higher levels and using a higher difficulty/scaling, it forces you to play smarter--which is a great challenge in itself.

    Good luck!
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I'd go with Game+ because it will level up all the Legendary Gear as your get them again and then you can play around with them without spending a ridiculous amount of Drachmae and resources to upgrade them to 99 ..... Also you can do things in a different order such as go to Kythera before you go to Pephka because the game was apparently written that way originally but then they level blocked you so you end up doing Pephka first ,,,, This opens up some new dialog in Pephka about a Cultist that you don't get normally ..... You can also take out Cultists in Achaia and the 4 islands in the northeast part of the map before you finish the main storyline .... in fact I killed all the Cultists before I confronted Deimos

    Also in game+ look out for special armor that isn't Legendary,some of it is Epic but most of it is just Rare but there are at least 276 of them in the game ..... They are regular pieces with a special name and you get them doing stuff for the major NPCs like Hippokrates and Alkibiades as well as most of the Lost Tales, also the weekly mercenaries
    Share this post

  4. #4
    UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,607
    Hello Dj0rdje12,

    I think it will still be plenty challenging for you. As Haggy stated, with the level scaling in it still makes your play through pretty much just as difficult. I'd say try it out if you're looking for a challenge!
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by longjohn119 Go to original post
    Also in game+ look out for special armor that isn't Legendary,some of it is Epic but most of it is just Rare but there are at least 276 of them in the game ..... They are regular pieces with a special name and you get them doing stuff for the major NPCs like Hippokrates and Alkibiades as well as most of the Lost Tales, also the weekly mercenaries
    Really? I got a snake staff that doesn't do much but it looks good because it has a snake's head end. Maybe I need this special stuff.

    Hmm, Pephka is the place with the arena yes? Like Crete? I don't remember where Kythera was but I know it's an island at least. Maybe I'll do that. Not sure if it's too late for this run I'm on though.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Polyedra Go to original post
    Really? I got a snake staff that doesn't do much but it looks good because it has a snake's head end. Maybe I need this special stuff.

    Hmm, Pephka is the place with the arena yes? Like Crete? I don't remember where Kythera was but I know it's an island at least. Maybe I'll do that. Not sure if it's too late for this run I'm on though.
    I haven't found most of the "special" rare pieces to be very exciting. Not like the Epic items like the Spartan Javelin you get from doing Thaletas' ql on Mykanos and the Oaken Bow of Chambers found in a loot crate in northern Elis (I think.) There are about a dozen really good Epic pieces with unique engravings not normally found in their category. I made a point of finding them in my NG+ since I missed them in my first playthrough.

    BTW, Kythera is the island furthest south, east of Messania, where you meet up with Diona and start the Cyclops ql.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Polyedra Go to original post
    Really? I got a snake staff that doesn't do much but it looks good because it has a snake's head end. Maybe I need this special stuff.

    Hmm, Pephka is the place with the arena yes? Like Crete? I don't remember where Kythera was but I know it's an island at least. Maybe I'll do that. Not sure if it's too late for this run I'm on though.
    Like I said most of them are rare, ALL of them are just normal armor and weapons pieces you get in the game with a unique name ..... In the regular game you miss a lot of them and usually end up selling or breaking them down because you need the resources, but in game plus you have a lot more flexibility because you are at or close to 99 and you don't need resources to upgrade gear .... Plus they are all level 99 already and unlike the Legendary gear you can have say a level 32 piece you got the first time through and a level 99 you got in game plus whereas with the Legendary gear it replaces what you already have

    It's basically just something extra to collect ..... I have 200+ of the 276 that I know of (I have all the weapons and armor on a spreadsheet that also lists their Hash ID) but I haven't done the 1st DLC yet and I'm stuck in the 2nd DLC because the game is broken for EVERYONE who has an RX 5700 graphics card ...... I wanted to do Atlantis first so I could have something more meaningful to do afterwards with all the special perks you get in the Atlantis DLC ..... So I still have all of LotFB and all the Lost Tales except 3 left to do .... But I'm having doubts they'll ever get it fixed until they kick the entire DLC back to the original dev team to fix it ..... The Ironic part is I started a new game from scratch in October waiting for RDR2 PC to come out because I wanted to play the game without all the bugs that mucked up my other builds I started in 2018 just to see how the game played when everything worked as designed. It was a great run through with only one bug (I dove off of a ship and went through the hull and ended up drowning) up until I got to Elysium where I'm still stuck

    The way they did the DLCs was a huge mistake ...... each one was done by a different team than the one that wrote the original game ..... Then they released in 6 parts instead of two which just increased the chances of Bugs and made more work for the support Devs .... Instead of 2 bug fixing sessions they had to do 6 plus with every update new bugs were introduced and that happened 6 times instead of 2 ......

    While the MBAs types will tell you it's more efficient to have a different crew do the DLCs but in Reality (A place MBAs seldom visit) it is less efficient because the Bugs are harder to find and fix because the team that wrote it aren't doing the support for it so the time you save in development gets eaten up by support issues as well as a hit to your Reputation ...... MBAs tend to be penny wise and dollar foolish because of their education .....
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,700
    Originally Posted by longjohn119 Go to original post
    I haven't done the 1st DLC yet and I'm stuck in the 2nd DLC because the game is broken for EVERYONE who has an RX 5700 graphics card.
    Broken? You mean, it doesn't launch or is it slow? What do you mean by broken for those who have the AMD RX5700?
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Haggy51 Go to original post
    I haven't found most of the "special" rare pieces to be very exciting. Not like the Epic items like the Spartan Javelin you get from doing Thaletas' ql on Mykanos and the Oaken Bow of Chambers found in a loot crate in northern Elis (I think.) There are about a dozen really good Epic pieces with unique engravings not normally found in their category. I made a point of finding them in my NG+ since I missed them in my first playthrough.

    BTW, Kythera is the island furthest south, east of Messania, where you meet up with Diona and start the Cyclops ql.
    Is Diona that priestess that... well, nm; don't want to spoil it for someone. It was a fun quest. And the cyclops.. that makes me think about the god complex guy, lol xD

    Haven't gotten that javelin everyone talks about, the one with melee resistance. Don't know if I can use it because the weapon slots are pretty focused on producing damage.
    I've actually started to use them for weapon switching between dagger and mace lately. I use the mace as the primary weapon and when some pesky archer, or otherwise hard to reach target, gets in my way I pounce on them with the dagger. The blend is good between the slow mace and the quick dagger and I feel they complement each other well. Mace is hitting like a truck if you do hit with it and the dagger is great for closing distance.

    I got the bow though. I thought it was great cause it has crit damage and the only other bow I've seen who has that is Foteinos. But since I'm not a hunter it's not good enough, sadly.
    Foteinos is good enough for end game but it requires a specific build. I've experimented with it just using it for the burning but it isn't good enough like that. With the adrenaline I imagine it is but then you'd have to protect yourself against fire and also try to do additional damage when burning. It all gets very specific because you burst into flame.

    Originally Posted by longjohn119 Go to original post
    Like I said most of them are rare, ALL of them are just normal armor and weapons pieces you get in the game with a unique name ..... In the regular game you miss a lot of them and usually end up selling or breaking them down because you need the resources, but in game plus you have a lot more flexibility because you are at or close to 99 and you don't need resources to upgrade gear .... Plus they are all level 99 already and unlike the Legendary gear you can have say a level 32 piece you got the first time through and a level 99 you got in game plus whereas with the Legendary gear it replaces what you already have

    It's basically just something extra to collect ..... I have 200+ of the 276 that I know of (I have all the weapons and armor on a spreadsheet that also lists their Hash ID) but I haven't done the 1st DLC yet and I'm stuck in the 2nd DLC because the game is broken for EVERYONE who has an RX 5700 graphics card ...... I wanted to do Atlantis first so I could have something more meaningful to do afterwards with all the special perks you get in the Atlantis DLC ..... So I still have all of LotFB and all the Lost Tales except 3 left to do .... But I'm having doubts they'll ever get it fixed until they kick the entire DLC back to the original dev team to fix it ..... The Ironic part is I started a new game from scratch in October waiting for RDR2 PC to come out because I wanted to play the game without all the bugs that mucked up my other builds I started in 2018 just to see how the game played when everything worked as designed. It was a great run through with only one bug (I dove off of a ship and went through the hull and ended up drowning) up until I got to Elysium where I'm still stuck

    The way they did the DLCs was a huge mistake ...... each one was done by a different team than the one that wrote the original game ..... Then they released in 6 parts instead of two which just increased the chances of Bugs and made more work for the support Devs .... Instead of 2 bug fixing sessions they had to do 6 plus with every update new bugs were introduced and that happened 6 times instead of 2 ......

    While the MBAs types will tell you it's more efficient to have a different crew do the DLCs but in Reality (A place MBAs seldom visit) it is less efficient because the Bugs are harder to find and fix because the team that wrote it aren't doing the support for it so the time you save in development gets eaten up by support issues as well as a hit to your Reputation ...... MBAs tend to be penny wise and dollar foolish because of their education .....
    It's just to have something to do. I'm pretty much done with building the character at this point, I'm just looking for things to do. Maybe I'll find some cool transmog I like?
    You got 200+ of them! You must be a fanatic ; ) Don't even think I have it in me to go hunt for all the Anigimatas. I just don't care because I've already got the gear to near perfection.
    Started to run without elemental again by the way. I don't think I lose too much damage with it and I like it best. I use the ram mace! With the twin horns that make it like two rams facing away from each other or just one with two horns facing outwards. Dunno if I explained it very well but I'm sure you know which mace I mean, that one is my favorite.

    Sounds like they did make mistakes... It's been a long while waiting for that magic patch. I'm kind of spoiled at this point, the rush is over. Sure, my interest will rekindle with access to Atlantis but it won't be the same as it could've been. If it takes too long, like three months more with the release of Cyberpunk, I'll probably just leave and never finish. I dunno, maybe I'm just salty right now. I love the game and want to do a fresh run but first I want to explore the final parts of the game and with that being withheld from me I'm full stalling everything about the game.

    Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post
    Broken? You mean, it doesn't launch or is it slow? What do you mean by broken for those who have the AMD RX5700?
    There's a memory leak that causes a critical failure in the beginning and throughout of chapter 1 for Atlantis. It is specific to that card and it is only in chapter 1 of that DLC.
    Pretty damn annoying. Been contemplating buying a new GPU just for that but that's really just too much. I've already spent like 150€ on the game, just to explore the items the fastest. Turns out you don't need to do that at all, which is cool. And I don't regret buying the stuff either, because I love a game like this. What does itch is that I can't play the final parts of the game. Together with the heavy spending that turns into a thorn. If I didn't like the game this much I would be angry but now I'm just grumpy about it.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,607
    Originally Posted by longjohn119 Go to original post
    It's basically just something extra to collect ..... I have 200+ of the 276 that I know of (I have all the weapons and armor on a spreadsheet that also lists their Hash ID) but I haven't done the 1st DLC yet and I'm stuck in the 2nd DLC because the game is broken for EVERYONE who has an RX 5700 graphics card ...... I wanted to do Atlantis first so I could have something more meaningful to do afterwards with all the special perks you get in the Atlantis DLC ..... So I still have all of LotFB and all the Lost Tales except 3 left to do .... But I'm having doubts they'll ever get it fixed until they kick the entire DLC back to the original dev team to fix it ..... The Ironic part is I started a new game from scratch in October waiting for RDR2 PC to come out because I wanted to play the game without all the bugs that mucked up my other builds I started in 2018 just to see how the game played when everything worked as designed. It was a great run through with only one bug (I dove off of a ship and went through the hull and ended up drowning) up until I got to Elysium where I'm still stuck

    The way they did the DLCs was a huge mistake ...... each one was done by a different team than the one that wrote the original game ..... Then they released in 6 parts instead of two which just increased the chances of Bugs and made more work for the support Devs .... Instead of 2 bug fixing sessions they had to do 6 plus with every update new bugs were introduced and that happened 6 times instead of 2 ......
    Hey there,

    I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly so that they can look into this further.
    Share this post