Really ubisoft you are asking for more money?

Are you really serious? We have to buy the season pass AND the battle pass how much money are you going to make us pay for all this **** https://i.redd.it/etf7brlnima41.jpg
     6 people found this helpful

where in this picture does it say you have to?
     1 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Well they are also cutting the 600 r6 credits from there

Most games have Battle Passes that actually mean something. Siege's Battle Pass is looking more and more like a big pile of steaming crap. That plus the fact that Ubisoft keeps giving us garbage we don't want while completely ignoring the two things that would make this game great ... fixing the Cheating and the Matchmaking.

StopImCute's Avatar Member
    I mean, if you can barely afford $30 a year on a game you enjoy I think you have bigger issues.

that only applies when you only play one game

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    I expected Ubi to combine SP and BP into 1 "Ultimate pass" but looks lime Breakpoint didn't teach em a lot.

Originally Posted by WOTH.Lo-fi Go to original post
    Are you really serious? We have to buy the season pass AND the battle pass how much money are you going to make us pay for all this **** https://i.redd.it/etf7brlnima41.jpg
    the bigger question is why is anyone giving this **** of a company any money for dragging Tom Clancys name through the mud?

To me, it's not a matter of what I can 'afford'. If I wanted I could plunk down $100 bucks on a 2020 pass for Siege and wouldn't bat an eye in terms of it being a budget issue. I'll spend more money on other games in 2020. Shoot ... I just spent $75 bucks on an oak and brass IQ pegboard game because it was well crafted and looked awesome.

To me - the issue is a matter of whether Siege ... and by extension Ubisoft ... is a game that is WORTHY of my money.

The IQ pegboard I just bought is made out of solid oak. It is obviously a loving piece of craft. It is polished, sanded, smoothed, and finished to where it shines. The pegs are brass pieces with heft rather than cheap plastic golf-tees. The whole thing screams that its makers CARED and that quality was important, and that my opinion as a consumer was a priority. In short, they earned my dollars by making a quality product that addressed my interests and desires.

I just can't say that Ubisoft is doing the same thing with Siege... And that's sad.

The development team for the past 2+ years has clearly been taking the game down a path that is further and further away from my interests as a consumer. They are clearly pushing Siege towards being nothing but an e-sport. They are catering almost exclusively to players in the Pro League and are regularly sacrificing game elements to more specifically focus on Pro matches, high level stream events, E-sports, and Ranked.

But I am not interested in Siege as an "e-sport". I couldn't care less about Ranked matches. The entire Pro League and everyone in it could be thrown in the trash tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it for one second. All I want is for Siege to (A) not have a bunch of cheating scripters in it and (B) be matched against players that are at the same general level of skill as myself. Secondarily, I would also like for Terrorist Hunt to be extremely robust to the point where each TH could be individually tailored with all kinds of toggles and settings.

So ... why would I want to invest 30 bucks into a game that - by all indications - wouldn't spit on me if my hair was on fire? I'll give my money to games that are actually going to give a crap about me and what I want. Right now, Siege just isn't that game. If Ubisoft wakes up and starts reversing some of its bad decisions about TH mode, Casual, etc... then maybe I'll think about it. I'm not going to hold my breath though. Siege isn't dead to me yet. But I've written it's obituary...

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Here's a quote on the whole matter:

"As our Game Director, Leroy Athanassoff stated, “We are investing our resources on building more features and systems that will impact every player in every match”.

The Year 5 Pass reflects this direction focused on features that benefit all players, not just those playing the newest Operators. It will lead to additional content for all players, such as free events, extensive reworks, and other core gameplay features. More details on why we are releasing six Operators in Year 5, as well as how that leads into Year 6 and beyond will be shared during the Six Invitational in February."

It honestly sounds a lot like BS to me tho