Will we pay the same for less content on the year 5 season pass ?

Leaks have dropped and so far it's kinda ugly.

https://i.redd.it/etf7brlnima41.jpg

- 2 less operators for 2020 ?
    - no mention of the extra 600 r6 credits ?

I mean, we could forgive the 5% extra renown that is an utterly pointless addition and the battle pass since the bonuses are actually interesting (unlike the 10% store reduction that sucks hard) but that's just cringe. I just hope the development team won't try to pull an Operation Health 2.0, at least they had the decency to give 3 operators instead of 2 for the remaining year 2 seasons to compensate for it.
     3 people found this helpful

I suppose if you look at the season pass in terms of it being a chunk of development resources, then cutting back on operators to do more work on the upkeep of Siege might make a lot of sense, depending on your view point. But, without knowing exactly what Ubisoft has in mind, it's difficult to judge. Obviously, you don't really get operators in exchange for the season pass, you only get early access to new operators. Because revenue is also generated from game sales and in-game purchases, which all, presumably, contributes to the development of Siege. It just comes down to your point of view and whether what Ubisoft intends to do is acceptable to you. I think the season pass is a bit expensive though.
     1 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Should be cheaper.
    Also, where is 600 credits bonus?

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Should be cheaper.
    Also, where is 600 credits bonus?
    Probably been traded for the discount on the battle passes, that i dont intend to buy , so we loose again.
     1 people found this helpful

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    I suppose if you look at the season pass in terms of it being a chunk of development resources, then cutting back on operators to do more work on the upkeep of Siege might make a lot of sense, depending on your view point. But, without knowing exactly what Ubisoft has in mind, it's difficult to judge. Obviously, you don't really get operators in exchange for the season pass, you only get early access to new operators. Because revenue is also generated from game sales and in-game purchases, which all, presumably, contributes to the development of Siege. It just comes down to your point of view and whether what Ubisoft intends to do is acceptable to you. I think the season pass is a bit expensive though.
    The season pass actualy gives you the op along with the early acess,you dont have to spend renown to buy them.

Originally Posted by N3mB0t Go to original post
    Probably been traded for the discount on the battle passes, that i dont intend to buy , so we loose again.
    That's a good point, actually. If the Siege battle pass is anything like the Apex Legends battle pass, then the reward track will include renown and credits. That might be why the 600 credits aren't in the season pass.

I'm just waiting for the incoming slam of threads that go "No new guns???!"

also Can I add how more operators may not be better if...they are just slightly different version of what we already have?, like we have 2 jagers practically now. so they may be running out of ideas, and it isnt like this is the first time we went without 8 ops for a year

Originally Posted by N3mB0t Go to original post
    The season pass actualy gives you the op along with the early acess,you dont have to spend renown to buy them.
    Season pass holders only get 2 weeks of exclusive access to new operators at the start of each new season, but, after the 2 weeks, everyone else can buy them for 25,000 renown each.

So, what I was saying, was that, although you do get them included, and unlocked, from the start of the season, you don't literally get new operators exclusively with a season pass.

You basically get renown (the cost of automatically unlocking the new operators) and early access to new operators.

Therefore, anyone who is under the misapprehension that they are paying for the development of new operators, when they buy a season pass, should immediately forget that, as everyone who buys anything to do with Siege are also paying for its development. So season pass holders are no more entitled to 8 new operators than anyone else.

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    Season pass holders only get 2 weeks of exclusive access to new operators, before everyone else gets to buy them for 25,000 renown each. After the 2 weeks, everyone else has access to the new operators, if they have renown to unlock them.

So what I was saying was that, although you do get them included and unlocked from the start of the season, you don't literally get new operators exclusively with a season pass.

You basically get 50K renown and early access to new operators.

Therefore, anyone who is under the misapprehension that they are paying for the development of new operators when they buy a season pass, should immediately forget that as everyone who buys anything to do with Siege is paying for its development as well. So season pass holders are no more entitled to 8 new operators than anyone else.
    You only get one week early access and i think you misread him a bit, he's talking what the year pass cover which includes new ops, not that ops are exclusive access to only year pass. Also devs have stated multiple times that most of siege money was being made from year passess so it's the main founding of the game so far.