But, without knowing exactly what Ubisoft has in mind, it's difficult to judge.
    Exactly.

If Ubisoft came to the forum and made a post saying, "We are going to have fewer operators this year, and instead we will be using your Season Pass resources to fix the CHEATING and the terrible MATCHMAKING the game has to make the game cheatproof and have perfect matching by the middle of the year" then I would slap down for the Season Pass today.

But to just fork over money with absolutely no information of any kind to Ubi? Forget it. They have routinely and regularly ignored the wants and needs of basic players of the game in favor of the wants and preference of a narrow band of Pros and Streamers and they have not even paid lip service to the real issues that make Siege get worse and worse every 3 months.

So without solid, ironclad assurances that Ubi would use the money to fix the REAL problems with the game? They aren't getting jack from me.
     3 people found this helpful

Year pass holders are no more entitled to 8 new operators a year than anyone else who plays Siege.

Each and every Siege player can spend money on the game and everyone who doesn't have a year pass can pay for operators with renown earned though playing - these two things correlate.

Ubisoft looks at its income from Siege, and also what money it thinks it's going to make in the future, and then makes decisions about development.

Ubisoft doesn't go "oh, we owe year pass holders 8 new operators".

So if, as a year pass holder, you think you're being short-changed, you'll have to think again as you are not paying for the development of operators when you buy your year pass. We all are.

For starters, i never implied that operators had to be exclusive to season pass. This dlc was never intended to be more than a premium access for new operators and nobody has any issues with that.
    The problem is we don't know if the price of the dlc will be adjusted to this change or not. Ubisoft has proven to be a bad faith by waiting the second season of Year 4 to announce the changes on the season's content, we're in the right to be cautious about these leaks.

SPOILER ALERT! 5 of the 6 new operators are Warden!

We are missing way too much information to make any real conclusions as of yet

But

There is 1 official post about the leak:

As our Game Director, Leroy Athanassoff stated, “We are investing our resources on building more features and systems that will impact every player in every match”.

The Year 5 Pass reflects this direction focused on features that benefit all players, not just those playing the newest Operators. It will lead to additional content for all players, such as free events, extensive reworks, and other core gameplay features. More details on why we are releasing six Operators in Year 5, as well as how that leads into Year 6 and beyond will be shared during the Six Invitational in February.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...m_source=share

So more stuff is going to be coming, does it come in 4 or 3 seasons (3 months versus 4 months per season) is still unknown

Personally I'm somewhere between disappointed and worried, as I feel how that season pass should have been part or the battlepass, but now it is more of an; please spend money so you can spend little less money down the line and whoops, you actually spent more then before

Ok, we don't know the price tag, but quick estimation makes me think that it's going to be around 40-45 bucks (season pass + 3 battle passes) or up to 70 bucks... (same price season pass + 4 battle passes)

Back in the day, when year 1 season pass was introduced, I personally didn't see the value in it or see siege lasting more then the first year.
    Luckily I was wrong and saw what the team was doing, so I wanted to encourage it by, buying year 2 season pass, year 3 and 4.

Now with the information I have, I do not see any value in the new season pass and I'm worried as of what kind of double, triple or quadruple dipping Ubisoft is going to do...

Also how much better it would have been is Ubi would have decided to drop season pass and replace it with battle pass

Part of the free track, you could put the new operators as an free unlock (somewhere at the end of it), if you buy the premium battle pass, you'd get the operators unlocked immediately and instead you'd unlock the "exclusive" skins at the end of the battle pass. You could still buy the new operators with renown, to get access to them sooner or after the battle pass has expired. This would also create the sunken cost fallacy, look what you could have unlocked, if you spent ten bucks.... Just saying

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Problem with the making operators part of the battle pass is that i have renown saved from other season to unlock characters, because most of the time i simply take long breaks from the game if a season is really bad but i don't miss on the content, another issue is that if the battle pass will be seasonal, it will for the whole year and so on.