Even if the Jan Update fixes everything ... then what?

So just for fun lets assume that the January Update fixes everything, and doesn't include more bugs. I know this will not be the case but let's just pretend. Does this mean all is forgiven with Ubi? The fact remains that they intentionally released this game broken and it's been that way for about 3 months now.

What will it take for Ubi to earn your trust back, if they can?
    Will you pre-order future Ubi games?
    Do you feel Ubi owes you for the time and money you wasted on a half finished product? If yes, what kind of compensation do you think is appropriate?

For anyone interested, here are my answers:

What will it take for Ubi to earn your trust back, if they can?
    don't think so, too many times I've picked up Ubi games that were a mess. I don't pay for half of a movie, or a car or TV that's missing features, I personally don't feel like games or applications should be treated any different. If Ubi can't finish a product before shipping, maybe they shouldn't be in business any longer?

Will you pre-order future Ubi games?
    No.

Do you feel Ubi owes you for the time and money you wasted on a half finished product? If yes, what kind of compensation do you think is appropriate?
    This is a tough one, I remember one company a while back got caught doing somethng janky and offered a free game (I remember I got Dead Space for free), sooooo maybe a free game from Ubi's inventory of games to anyone who payed full price / bought the game and pass within the 1st month it was released?
     13 people found this helpful

lesh-1's Avatar Senior Member
    In fact, not only Ubisoft lost trust. Nowadays there are only two companies that can be trusted this is Rockstar and CDPR. Everyone else has been doing **** lately. I'm not talking about the console game from Sony. They're all good, but I don't play consoles.

As for pre-ordering, I never do that. I don't see the point of paying for something I don't know. Because recently, all pre-game trailers and gameplay videos are a common marketing ploy. Staged videos.

I don't think they should give me anything for free or in return. All they have to do is put their game in a playable state, and fill it with content as they promised.

The main problem is that I do not like the atmosphere of the game world Brekpoint. There's nothing they can do about it. Just like this filthy RAID with smelly robot drones. So I'm not expecting anything.
     11 people found this helpful

La Raid esta muy bien. En todo lo demas pienso igual.
    Ahora bien, si espero que Ubi castigue fuerte a los jugadores que estan usando el glicht del francotirador para chetar las armas y usarlas en el pvp. Todo el mundo esta reportando ese uso y espero que sirva para algo, porque la verdad es que es muy desanimador

Axlerod1's Avatar Member
    This seems to be todays video game marketing. Make an amazing trailer that looks fun and exciting and make even more promises. Don't be direct about anything but vague is the key. Put the game out in a partially finished state and then make promises that "They are in it for the long haul" and "We hear what are community wants to fix this" and do a few things to keep consumers busy and then a year later release another game and make the same empty promises and say things like "We learned from our last game and the mistakes we made. We are listening to our community and won't do it again"

The do it all over again.

EA has been doing this for over 3 years now and for the last year and a half, Ubisoft is doing it.

Sorry to give bad news, but this game is done for.

Just like I do with EA games, I wait for 30 days after release to see if it is any good. usually after 30 days, the game is half off it is isn't good. Maybe $10 or $20 off it is good.Plus it seems within the first 30 days, there is usually a patch or 2 to fix bugs and such.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Axlerod1 Go to original post
    This seems to be todays video game marketing. Make an amazing trailer that looks fun and exciting and make even more promises. Don't be direct about anything but vague is the key. Put the game out in a partially finished state and then make promises that "They are in it for the long haul" and "We hear what are community wants to fix this" and do a few things to keep consumers busy and then a year later release another game and make the same empty promises and say things like "We learned from our last game and the mistakes we made. We are listening to our community and won't do it again"

The do it all over again.

EA has been doing this for over 3 years now and for the last year and a half, Ubisoft is doing it.

Sorry to give bad news, but this game is done for.

Just like I do with EA games, I wait for 30 days after release to see if it is any good. usually after 30 days, the game is half off it is isn't good. Maybe $10 or $20 off it is good.Plus it seems within the first 30 days, there is usually a patch or 2 to fix bugs and such.
    Ubisoft has been doing it for a lot longer than a year and a half, does anyone not remember the Watchdogs 1 trailer or the Division 1 trailers?
     12 people found this helpful

Axlerod1's Avatar Member
    I did not play either of those. Yes you are right about it.

Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    Simply "fixing" the game (bugs) won't change my mind to buy it. The problem I have with it and many others is with design elements I won't bother bringing up here as they have been discussed ad nauseum. So yeah, patches to fix bugs does nothing for me.

Personally, my only interest lies in those "gritty" additions they talked about making to the game.
     4 people found this helpful

Steven527's Avatar Senior Member
    Define "fixing everything" and then we can talk.
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Kean_1 Go to original post
    Simply "fixing" the game (bugs) won't change my mind to buy it. The problem I have with it and many others is with design elements I won't bother bringing up here as they have been discussed ad nauseum. So yeah, patches to fix bugs does nothing for me.

Personally, my only interest lies in those "gritty" additions they talked about making to the game.
    I would imagine this is more the case for most past-fans who held off on Breakpoint. I think as more things from the community survey are addressed and more improvements to the core are made, rather than bug fixes, will attract attention.

Is it safe to say the the tiered loot/RPG mechanics have been the main make or break issue for you, Kean?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by jonh_archer Go to original post
    La Raid esta muy bien. En todo lo demas pienso igual.
    Ahora bien, si espero que Ubi castigue fuerte a los jugadores que estan usando el glicht del francotirador para chetar las armas y usarlas en el pvp. Todo el mundo esta reportando ese uso y espero que sirva para algo, porque la verdad es que es muy desanimador
    De nada sirve reportarlo si el culpable de que este ese Glitch es Ubisoft, mejor seria reportarlos a ellos mismos por huevones pero claro, eso nadie lo castiga..

----- o ------

Fixing the bugs will do nothing to make the game a GR experience, regardless of what the cheerleaders claim. In this day and age, pre-ordering from any Company is looking to get taken for a ride as they all are Zeros to the left, some add more zeros but they are zeros nonetheless. Besides, they know there will always be spineless people and poster boys waving their flag so they won't bother much trying to get the trust of those who can think with their own brain, we are the minority.

The reason why some of us are still here is because we are clinging to the little glimmer of hope that at some point, they will eventually make a proper GR game, true to the Genre w/o grabbing any elements from any other game or Genres.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►