Far Cry 5 Map Editor Download

I would like to suggest a way for players who play on consoles (Playstation/Xbox) to be able to download the Far Cry 5 Arcade Editor for free on their Uplay account.

With the incredible selection of assets and objects to choose from in Arcade editor, it is quite difficult to browse through everything on a joystick. Being able to precisely place objects and rotating it to your satisfaction can be another difficult thing for players to do when editing maps as well. I feel like players who want to Edit/Create their own maps on console shouldn't feel left out because of the amount of difficulty or patience required to be able to use the Arcade editor.

If you have your PSN/Xbox Live account linked to your Ubisoft account, you should be able to see ONLY Far Cry 5 Arcade Editor in your PC Uplay Library. Being able to Edit, Create, Play and Test the maps that you created.
     1 people found this helpful

rioseven's Avatar Banned
    Do you mean for gamers who did not buy FC5?

SPYmaps's Avatar Member
    No, i assume he means for players who have the PS4 or Xbox1 game version.
    I have the pc version and am mapping with pc ofcourse and i can imagine that it is much
    easier to map on pc as with a console controler. So, the console gamer mappers can
    map on pc and then play on there consoles. Still, should it be able to download the editor
    for free when you have a free Uplay account then people with a torrent game version
    can indeed also map then.

Leon

Came to the forums specifically looking for this. An Xbox controller makes for a poor tool for map editing. I'd love to see Ubi provide the editor on PC for those who purchased FC5 on console. Ubi please!

The maps are not compatible between platforms, though, so it would not be possible to create your map on the PC and then play it on the console.

If you head to the Arcade website, you're able to see maps created by Ps4 players, Xbox players and PC players. Most of the maps I see on the website are the same maps.. Why wouldn't they be compatible though? It's the same game, same objects, same AI, just different platform and keybindings which doesn't make a different when simply building a map.

Because Sony and Microsoft have different save file formats and the maps are tied to the PSN/XBL accounts (it's a bit more complicated than that, but this is the short version of the explanation).

Anyway, Ubisoft has the tools to convert maps from one format to another, and they've said that, if a map is highly rated, they will set it as Featured and convert it to the other platforms.
    Maybe someone from the community will create some tools for this, as well...

Yes! Wanted to make a map today for the first time. Gave up.. on console. Then I started looking for a way to do it on pc. But then it hit me, I'm never gonna be able to play that map on my console if i do that :/

They could at the very least make full pc and keyboard support for the editor on console.

But the comparability should be possible to work around i think.. maybe running it in some sort of emulator/virtual console on the pc, or some **** like that maybe.. not sure.. but keyboard & mouse support would go a very long way. But would need pc like interface in the editor as well (should be able to switch between pc & console interface in the editor. Or two diffrent editors... one for keyboard and one for xbox controller ect)

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    We can port maps between platforms, unofficially.