1. #1

    Balancing from a trash perspective for R6S

    I do hope that this gets traction and/or attention because it would help a lot of people in the long run. I love Siege like everyone else and have sunk a ton of time and money in it than I should have in my life but just couldn't help it. I thought that fixing a few operators would benefit a lot for the lower rank community than having complete focus on the pro league. They can adjust. I am ready to get a bunch of the "git gud" memes, but oh well.
    Starting off with Ela, she fires her SMG like she never fired an automatic in her life along with the damage count is far too low for body shots but that is debatable. Plus, she sounds like a 2 armour walking in an empty warehouse. If you want to make it seem more viable for console users, reduce the recoil spread by 15% for have a degree of control and stating that fact that it is also a full size SMG, not a compact. Adding an extra 2-3 damage per shot is like I said, debatable.
    Warden's Glasses need fixing and a proper way would be to remove the movement depletion gauge. Having turned him into a 2 armour increased the depletion and his gadget is very situational.
    Nokk's primary SMG can be replaced with the MP7 due to its compact size, decent damage against 2-3 armours and versatility would make a fine replacement as the FMG9 suffers against 3 armours, which is more than a third of the defense operators.
    The micro SMGs could stand a small recoil spread reduction by 10% to give slightly more control, yet still retaining their light weight and small build. LMGs and DMRs could gain a little bit of love with a slight recoil buff by 5% for LMGs, and fire rate for DMRs to make them a decent alternative to their standard arms.
    As for some nerfs, and this will agrivate a few but they can learn as they aren't extensive. Jaeger's 416c could stand for a slight recoil nerf of 5-7% as it stands to reason that it's one of the only defense ARs in the game and it's high damage could use a good counter balance.
    Bandit's MP7 would also get a recoil nerf of 7-10% due to its size compared to the rest of SMGs in its class. Doc's and Rook's MP5s would get a 5-7% recoil nerf to balance out the use of ACOGs and reduce the incentive of spawnpeaking, though debatable as well.
    A decent Tachanka rework would be that he could be able to use the LMG as his primary but only hipfire, then mount it anywhere stable enough to hold. Even mount it on a deployable shield if available. He could still have the bullet shield but it won't be available for use until he mounts it. Recoil spread would have to be increased slightly when mounted on other platforms than just the tripod.
    I know this looks like a long post and may disappear, but I do have hopes that someone might take notice and get the message out. I have been thinking about this for the past hour where I should have been asleep but couldn't. I'm ready for the meme onslaught and I may be only Gold 1, I want to speak out for the low rankers.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    973
    Originally Posted by xSnowbelle Go to original post
    Starting off with Ela, she fires her SMG like she never fired an automatic in her life along with the damage count is far too low for body shots but that is debatable. Plus, she sounds like a 2 armour walking in an empty warehouse. If you want to make it seem more viable for console users, reduce the recoil spread by 15% for have a degree of control and stating that fact that it is also a full size SMG, not a compact. Adding an extra 2-3 damage per shot is like I said, debatable.
    Wow, this is a lot! Thanks for taking the time to drop by and share these ideas with us and the community!

    Ela's Scorpion recoil has been a hot topic in the community, especially this week. I'm judging by the console comment that you're playing on one of those platforms? How do you think a recoil reduction would affect Siege on both consoles and PC? Since it's easier to maintain recoil on PC, do you think there's a possibility that changing the recoil on consoles could make the weapon more balanced there, but also make it overpowered on PC?
    Originally Posted by xSnowbelle Go to original post
    Warden's Glasses need fixing and a proper way would be to remove the movement depletion gauge. Having turned him into a 2 armour increased the depletion and his gadget is very situational.
    Again, another thing the community has been discussing since his introduction in Phantom Sight. In addition to the idea you have about removing the depletion gauge, I saw other players suggest taking the Warden changes further by reverting him back to a 3-armor and giving him the P90 so he's able to fully fulfill the "anchor" role he's supposed to have. What are your thoughts on that?
    Originally Posted by xSnowbelle Go to original post
    Nokk's primary SMG can be replaced with the MP7 due to its compact size, decent damage against 2-3 armours and versatility would make a fine replacement as the FMG9 suffers against 3 armours, which is more than a third of the defense operators.
    Interesting primary choice! I think this is the first time I've seen anyone suggest it. Players in the community seem to think Jackal's PDW should go to her. Is there any other reason besides the size and damage that you feel would make the MP7 a better choice than Jackal's SMG?
    Originally Posted by xSnowbelle Go to original post
    The micro SMGs could stand a small recoil spread reduction by 10% to give slightly more control, yet still retaining their light weight and small build. LMGs and DMRs could gain a little bit of love with a slight recoil buff by 5% for LMGs, and fire rate for DMRs to make them a decent alternative to their standard arms.
    As someone who is awful with the SMG 11 and 12, I'd love to see a recoil reduction. I haven't seen too many calls for changes to LMGs or DMRs recently, but it could be worth monitoring in the future.
    Originally Posted by xSnowbelle Go to original post
    As for some nerfs, and this will agrivate a few but they can learn as they aren't extensive. Jaeger's 416c could stand for a slight recoil nerf of 5-7% as it stands to reason that it's one of the only defense ARs in the game and it's high damage could use a good counter balance.
    Bandit's MP7 would also get a recoil nerf of 7-10% due to its size compared to the rest of SMGs in its class. Doc's and Rook's MP5s would get a 5-7% recoil nerf to balance out the use of ACOGs and reduce the incentive of spawnpeaking, though debatable as well.
    I'm curious to see what other people in the community would think about these suggestions.
    Originally Posted by xSnowbelle Go to original post
    A decent Tachanka rework would be that he could be able to use the LMG as his primary but only hipfire, then mount it anywhere stable enough to hold. Even mount it on a deployable shield if available. He could still have the bullet shield but it won't be available for use until he mounts it. Recoil spread would have to be increased slightly when mounted on other platforms than just the tripod.
    I love these Tachanka suggestions personally! It was mentioned by the devs awhile ago during a Reddit AMA that they were looking at some things they could do to him in order to help make him a bit more balanced, so who knows if that's something they're still interested in doing.

    Thanks again for sharing this with us. I had a lot of fun going through it all.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,268
    Honestly the most suggested thing i have seen for nokk is to give her the MP5SD since it's already suppressed no clue what you are smoking to see anyone suggesting jackal SMG to her, i have seen that weapon being suggested to Warden but never to nokk
    Share this post

  4. #4
    lceycat's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    329
    Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    Honestly the most suggested thing i have seen for nokk is to give her the MP5SD since it's already suppressed no clue what you are smoking to see anyone suggesting jackal SMG to her, i have seen that weapon being suggested to Warden but never to nokk
    Oh my God, I would LOVE to see Nokk with an MP5SD. If she has to rock an SMG, THAT is the one to give her. Totally fits the stealth build she fills and has an ACOG already on Echo so she would/should have one to as an attacker. I've seen that one suggested before and 1000% back it!
    Share this post

  5. #5
    The development team doesn't want to hear about Ela anymore, that's why she has been nerfed nine times in a row. At this point, they should embrace the memes and nerf her for a 10th time by removing the sensibility changes from being hit with her mines.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Or better yet they could stop nerfing people and just buff others that suck. Project A might actually wipe out siege if they do what they said they would do with the ping abuse addressed and hitreg. They also talked about tink rate i believe. Considering they have similar themes.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Tachanka is already a great operator and perfectly balanced. It's just not a popular operator.

    Rather than reworking it, may as well just make a completely new operator that utilises some of these suggestions.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    973
    Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    Honestly the most suggested thing i have seen for nokk is to give her the MP5SD since it's already suppressed no clue what you are smoking to see anyone suggesting jackal SMG to her, i have seen that weapon being suggested to Warden but never to nokk
    That's a pretty solid suggestion as well. I think the weapon already having an integrated suppressor lends itself well to Nokk's play style.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    These kinds of threads, where people are claiming an operator is weak, are a bit like how some people are always saying 'it's too cold'. They seem to always need the heating turned up until it's very obviously warm. Too warm. It's the same with Siege operators, where some players seem to need the strength of an operator to be very obvious.

    Nokk has a 3 difficulty rating but I just wonder if it's enough, or whether it's apparent to players how difficult-to-use Nokk is intended to be. Perhaps the difficulty should be on a scale of 1 to 5 to make it clearer, and the rating should also be more apparent in the operator selection?

    It may also be a good idea to take into account the popularity of an operator when assessing the difficulty rating. Tachanka, for example, has a difficulty rating of only 1. Yet Tachanka is clearly a difficult operator to use as players simply don't pick him.

    I think there is a misalignment between player perception of difficulty, in Siege, and game play designers' perception of the same difficulty. We ought to get on the same page, somehow.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,268
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    These kinds of threads, where people are claiming an operator is weak, are a bit like how some people are always saying 'it's too cold'. They seem to always need the heating turned up until it's very obviously warm. Too warm. It's the same with Siege operators, where some players seem to need the strength of an operator to be very obvious.

    Nokk has a 3 difficulty rating but I just wonder if it's enough, or whether it's apparent to players how difficult-to-use Nokk is intended to be. Perhaps the difficulty should be on a scale of 1 to 5 to make it clearer, and the rating should also be more apparent in the operator selection?

    It may also be a good idea to take into account the popularity of an operator when assessing the difficulty rating. Tachanka, for example, has a difficulty rating of only 1. Yet Tachanka is clearly a difficult operator to use as players simply don't pick him.

    I think there is a misalignment between player perception of difficulty, in Siege, and game play designers' perception of the same difficulty. We ought to get on the same page, somehow.
    The thing about tachanka, is that his shield don't really protect him or anyone using his LMG, and is better to just pick a rook with an ACOG to hold a good angle than tachanka in ANY spot, since anyone can easily counter a static target, if that was the case he would see action on pro league where coordinated strats are actually implemented so even castle get's some use, but not tachanka
    Share this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►