1. #1

    Spawn peaks are starting to get out of hand at higher ranks.

    I know people just say "git gud" to spawn peaking, but even the best players in the world are getting destroyed by how intricate some of these spawn peaks have gotten. Take a look at this clip of Pengu, the best player in the world, on the police line spawn of consulate.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/DrabOilyToothNomNom


    From the police line spawn, the player can be picked off from 5 windows and 3 doors (yellow, main, and visa). There is no reasonable way for a player of any rank to be able to drone out all of those just coming out of the spawn.

    Another great example would be villa. On villa, spawning at ruins puts you in danger of being peaked from 3 different spots. The study door, which can be cheesed with a 1 bullet hole peek that doesn't even render on the attacker's screen (see Godly on youtube for an example, it's so advantageous that the defenders should attempt it every round, you can be shot from the art studio window, and you can be shot from the bedroom window. Two of these peeks have give the peeker the high ground, an advantageous position.


    In bank, the player can be spawn peeked at the exact place they spawn on any of the three spawns. If you spawn alley and the opponents spawn peek, you are likely to lose, and if you don't spawn alley, you need to spend 40 seconds just getting over to stock. You can be peeked in alley from the electrical door, stock window, top square door, and open window. Two of those give the peeker the high ground, and three give the peeker body blocking cover.

    On coastline, a player spawning ruins can be peeked from blue bar, sunset, hookah door, billiards window, aqua door, and below aqua.

    As of right now, even at diamond/champion, the defense should spawn peek EVERY single round. What we do on my team is have one guy spawn peek the first round, and the second and third rounds he just opens everything up, takes a couple shots without exposing himself. This slows the attack down by roughly 30 seconds every round at very low risk to our defenders.

    When players didn't understand the maps as well, didn't understand bullet hole exploits peeking was considered a low level strategy. But now players have smartened up. They'll open up every single window, put alibis in some of the windows, do whatever they can to have you just guessing what window they'll contest from. They know where you are, but you're guessing where they'll be. It's the only point in the match where the defenders are guaranteed to know the exact positions of the attackers.

    Attackers either need more spawn options, more routes to take from the spawn, or smarter cover at the spawns. Heck, just let us spawn on the roof with a ten second delay or something.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    3,269
    Spawnkills are toxic.
    End of story
    Share this post

  3. #3
    UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13,932
    I appreciate you taking the time to write out examples of problem areas with Spawnpeeking. I'll pass it along for reference!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,921
    Maps are bad deisnged simple as that, they forget that cover is useless if they don`t spawn people on it, like it happens in bank where you spawn out of cover HAVE to run to cover while defenders have good lingh of shights full of ocvers in all of them. Here`s an example if you spawn in bank alley, depending where hte game puts you, they can shoot you from rushing both up top where they have cover, and from the door where they also have more cover than you AND i am talking from the moment you spawn, so no magic prefise can save you are being shot from two spots at hte same time in the spawn.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    In the clip pengu simply ran out of spawn no fcks given. Doesnt matter how good you are you will die if you run without even checking anything. First of all consulate has 3 other spawns to choose from but police line simply gives the fastest access to the important stuff. Its a risk reward system. Next to that spawnpeeks are also a big risk taken by the defender sinceif droned they are a free kill and he risks loosing his life and in some cases the utility linked to that. And lastly it isnt toxic in any way altho i will admit that bullethole spawnpeeks are absolutely broken. Bullet holes need a fix immeadietly .
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Spawnkills are toxic.
    End of story
    Agreed, but some of these "pro level" players disagree. simply retorting "GiT GuD"
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by MarcelDavis2un2 Go to original post
    In the clip pengu simply ran out of spawn no fcks given. Doesnt matter how good you are you will die if you run without even checking anything. First of all consulate has 3 other spawns to choose from but police line simply gives the fastest access to the important stuff. Its a risk reward system. Next to that spawnpeeks are also a big risk taken by the defender sinceif droned they are a free kill and he risks loosing his life and in some cases the utility linked to that. And lastly it isnt toxic in any way altho i will admit that bullethole spawnpeeks are absolutely broken. Bullet holes need a fix immeadietly .
    Poor excuse. Nothing more nothing less. Quit defending this nonsense. Why should ANY player have to worry about instant death literally a second (I said instant for a reason) after they spawn just because they didn't watch that specific spot? People come to PLAY THE GAME. Not watch others play it. I don't care how good you are at this game, I don't care how good you are at denying spawnpeeks or how bad you are at denying them, they are scummy as hell, both in ranked and casual. Simple as that.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Alright. Honestly the easiest fix for this is to not allow defenders to break barracades for the first 1min of the game. How about that? Done. Period. No more crap run outs. No more cheesy spawn peaks. Valk Run outs will cease.

    Or you could have the attacks be dropped off by helicopter onto the roof on a secure location. "But they'd be on the point too quickly to allow players to be ready". That was the inital reason but this is where the change comes in. Have the defenders have their time to set up. 1min setup. or whatever. Then if you come by helicpter. you drop onto the roof 15 seconds in, Then the round starts. They still have to repel and break windows. They still have to gamble on where they enter from. But spawn peaking would be gone.

    Either remove their ability to break windows or have heli insertion or both.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Grimsdottirr Go to original post
    Alright. Honestly the easiest fix for this is to not allow defenders to break barracades for the first 1min of the game. How about that? Done. Period. No more crap run outs. No more cheesy spawn peaks. Valk Run outs will cease.

    Or you could have the attacks be dropped off by helicopter onto the roof on a secure location. "But they'd be on the point too quickly to allow players to be ready". That was the inital reason but this is where the change comes in. Have the defenders have their time to set up. 1min setup. or whatever. Then if you come by helicpter. you drop onto the roof 15 seconds in, Then the round starts. They still have to repel and break windows. They still have to gamble on where they enter from. But spawn peaking would be gone.

    Either remove their ability to break windows or have heli insertion or both.
    or just have some kind of fog of war.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Gravemind01 Go to original post
    Poor excuse. Nothing more nothing less. Quit defending this nonsense. Why should ANY player have to worry about instant death literally a second (I said instant for a reason) after they spawn just because they didn't watch that specific spot? People come to PLAY THE GAME. Not watch others play it. I don't care how good you are at this game, I don't care how good you are at denying spawnpeeks or how bad you are at denying them, they are scummy as hell, both in ranked and casual. Simple as that.
    There are like 2 or 3 spots accross all maps where you have to worry about a peek immeadietly (the time it takes to run out and ads so 1 sec enough to go prone or ads) and all those maps have other spawns that are safe. You have full control over if you play or watch others play. Call it scummy if you want its a valid tactic. You have 45 seconds to plan your round and if you dont think about the possible spawnpeeks on your spawn thats your fault for spectating and watching cams for 2:50.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►