Originally Posted by kami-kun Go to original post
    Getting paid in guitars sounds like good deal! ^^
    Maybe I should renegotiate with my employer?

I checked out a few of the Ultra's over the past few weeks. Really like the colors. Fortunately not really in the market so I didn't have to deplete my bank account but pretty nice looking guitars.
     1 people found this helpful

Niiiiiice!

Also, there's no such thing as too many(unless your name is Joe Bonamassa, who has a substantially larger collection than us)

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Jim, that's really nice! I like the sparkleburst, clever application of two established ideas.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Jim, that's really nice! I like the sparkleburst, clever application of two established ideas.
    You've got to give it to Fender this year, they've really come up with some outstanding designs and colors based in history but looking to the future.

Originally Posted by Vorontur Go to original post
    Niiiiiice!

Also, there's no such thing as too many(unless your name is Joe Bonamassa, who has a substantially larger collection than us)
    How do you know his is larger? Have you seen mine?

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    How do you know his is larger? Have you seen mine?
    Good point!

I looked at one of those but for the price, it seems like it's a little overpriced for us Canadians. I can get the Pro model for $1500 and the Ultra is $2400 and both are American made guitars. The Ultra models are only about $100 more or less expensive than the artist models, and I feel like they are more unique. They still look nice, and the finish on yours looks beautiful Gold_Jim, congrats on the new toy

Originally Posted by DSgamer64 Go to original post
    I looked at one of those but for the price, it seems like it's a little overpriced for us Canadians. I can get the Pro model for $1500 and the Ultra is $2400 and both are American made guitars. The Ultra models are only about $100 more or less expensive than the artist models, and I feel like they are more unique. They still look nice, and the finish on yours looks beautiful Gold_Jim, congrats on the new toy
    Thanks, DSgamer64. That seems like an odd price difference. The Professional is $1450 in the States, so the Ultra should only be just be under $2K in Canada. Are you sure about those numbers? I know there are no Guitar Centers. According to what I can find, the Professional should be $1920 in CAD at the current exchange rate. (1 USD = 1.32 CAD). That lines up with the number you posted for the Ultra, but then the Pro doesn't line up. Are you sure the $1500 model in Canada isn't the American Performer? Then the numbers would line up.