Bullet hole meta needs addressing.

Its always been an issue in my opinion but over the last 2 seasons I've observed a increase in the bullet whole meta.people getting easy kills from a distance from peeking through a couple of bullet holes is ridiculous, it's difficult to even drone out. Something needs to be done,
    Reduceing the ambient light able to enter the whole reducing the visibility or something similar.
    What are other peoples thought's?
     1 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Learning maps and angles should be more important than mindless rushing, so i honeslty don't see the issue with people using holes to sightlines

here comes the age old banger
    "get good"

but seriously, most bullet hole peeks are predictable because they are in common sightlines so they are really easy to prefire and get free kills.

It's true that the most obvious one can be droned however there are quite a few places where droning isn't gonna save you.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by volkof21 Go to original post
    It's true that the most obvious one can be droned however there are quite a few places where droning isn't gonna save you.
    Do you happen to have any screenshots or examples of these spots in particular?

Originally Posted by UbiMorning Go to original post
    Do you happen to have any screenshots or examples of these spots in particular?
    An example of a pretty unfair one would be the villa study door. From the outside, you can't tell someone put a bullet hole. You'll see it featured in a Godly video (a popular content creator).

As an attacker, it's nearly impossible to punish.

The wall between lounge and clearance on skyscraper can be used for an easy kill on the tower. I'll see if I can put together some screen shots.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks! I'd appreciate them I can pass it along to see if it can be looked into potentially.

Lazy coding is the root problem here

When you look any other player in game, you will see very impressive 3rd person animation work, but when you compare your own characters movement/animation work (that happens in 1st person), the game doesn't render your body at all, instead your screen has this "lazy" 2d sprite, representing where your body would be

So this creates lot of inconsistencies
    For example the bullet hole meta
    Now you shoot few holes on a wall and go right next to it, the game simply doesn't render your gun or arms, allowing you to get right on that bullet hole (remeber closer you are to something, bigger it will be, in this case the bullet hole will be bigger, allowing you to see more)
    In reality, situation like above, you'd have to stay much further away from that bullet hole as there would be physical gun between your eye and the hole
    Sad part about the lack of 1st person "real" rendering is how good the 3rd person is, if you look someone else going right next to a bullet hole, you'd see how the game tries to hide the fact how that dude is pushing hes gun right through the wall. Or how the 3rd person rendering fails when the game detects that there isn't enough space to render the whole person and you see how that players legs get turned in to this weird 2d mesh...

There is few ways to fix the bullet hole meta
    1st method would require way too much coding and there for won't happen.
    Properly rendered 1st person view, if you get too close to a wall, the game would stop you from clipping thrue the walls. Sure the skill sealing would rise, as now you would have to be aware of your gun clearance at doorway and such

2nd method would be easier as most of the "code" already exist in the game, but could be too resource intensive

Do you remeber the tiny stars that were left on the walls when you shot them, in the Easter(?) event map (toy plane, save the mister bear)
    Well rather then leaving stars all over the map where bullet holes are, there would be clear marks of damage rendered on the other side of the bullet hole, this it self wouldn't stop the new meta, but it would give better warning that can be seen further away then small tiny holes...

Well siege is a teambased game. If you don't drone out a place of attack or have a shield in front, prepare for alot of that. People have done it since this game has come out. Suspicious of a wall, LIGHT that puppy up. After all their head has to be close to that hole. I've heard someone shuffling plenty of times and then popped off a few rounds through the wall for an easy kill. Shotguns are also alot of fun really.