Originally Posted by ArgimonEd Go to original post
    Lol, wasn't talking about you in specific.
    But some others.
    It's really puzzling.
    "I want the game to be done right, don't rush it."
    Also the same group of people.
    "When it will be done. It's taking too long."
    Been a month
    We live at times where people don't want to wait years for the development of a game.
    They want three to four months top.
    And already hating it.
    But yeah.
    That's capitalism...the need to always consume more and more and more.
    Products now last less.
    I bought a gorgeous dress shoe on 2018.
    Wore it 7 times.
    It's full of creases and looks like I have it for years.
    And I take good care of it.
    Learned from my grandfather, a really conscious man.
    He had dress shoes for years that he wore almost every day and looked like he bought yesterday.
    Things aren't made to last anymore, and they try to keep up with demand.
    Sadly for the market (that is games like what we have here).
    And people want access to them as soon as possible.
    We created ubisoft, with the behavior of the consumer.
    Pretty rare for games to have a shelf life how GTA has, how Arma has.
    This is one of the reasons I'd pretty much love for ubi to work and upgrade this ghost recon for the next 5 years (instead of 2 or 3).
    To any new story to be added to this game, for the animations and other things to be upgraded on this title.
    Be it with free or paid DLC's.
    And I'd love an mission editor, similar to the one in arma.
    Where we could have access to the MAP and place the soldiers and enemies, as our imagination want.
    To create the experience we want.
    And would be nice to have Bolivia ported into breakpoint to allow the map to be used in the editor.
    So we can bring life to our missions while we play solo or online.
    I don't mind a game taking years to develop, we're all quite aware this is the case. However, how about they wait a few years before they release it next time. We paid for a completed game and got a rushed mess. This isn't impatience this is wondering where the game is that we paid for. It wasn't finished and was rushed out the door.
     2 people found this helpful

ArgimonEd's Avatar Senior Member
    My answer to you is on my post that you quoted.

As for everyone demanding for them to update us on when the new TU will be released.
    They said on the latter half of January, this means any day after the 15th.

I agree with you on it would be great if they'd work on it over time. They got really quiet with The Division 2 and have only implemented features that nobody asked for and have not bothered to try to fix the things people are asking for. Bolivia ported into Breakpoint is a great idea too. Would be nice if they could port the AI from Wildlands into Breakpoint though. I'm afraid no good ideas and possibly some small, bad ones are all we get. They may take the not throwing good money after bad attitude. If the way The Division 2 has played out could be any indicator, the biggest concern over there on that game is that people are beating the raid faster than the devs want them to. That's their biggest concern. I hope this team is different if there is a team at all. Might be 2 guys and their fighting over what kind of pizza to order instead of figuring out what the suits will let them fix.

Lol, wasn't talking about you in specific.
    But some others.
    It's really puzzling.
    "I want the game to be done right, don't rush it."
    Also the same group of people.
    "When it will be done. It's taking too long."
    Been a month
    We live at times where people don't want to wait years for the development of a game.
    They want three to four months top.
    And already hating it.
    But yeah.
    That's capitalism...the need to always consume more and more and more.
    Products now last less.
    I bought a gorgeous dress shoe on 2018.
    Wore it 7 times.
    It's full of creases and looks like I have it for years.
    And I take good care of it.
    Learned from my grandfather, a really conscious man.
    He had dress shoes for years that he wore almost every day and looked like he bought yesterday.
    Things aren't made to last anymore, and they try to keep up with demand.
    Sadly for the market (that is games like what we have here).
    And people want access to them as soon as possible.
    We created ubisoft, with the behavior of the consumer.
    Pretty rare for games to have a shelf life how GTA has, how Arma has.
    This is one of the reasons I'd pretty much love for ubi to work and upgrade this ghost recon for the next 5 years (instead of 2 or 3).
    To any new story to be added to this game, for the animations and other things to be upgraded on this title.
    Be it with free or paid DLC's.
    And I'd love an mission editor, similar to the one in arma.
    Where we could have access to the MAP and place the soldiers and enemies, as our imagination want.
    To create the experience we want.
    And would be nice to have Bolivia ported into breakpoint to allow the map to be used in the editor.
    So we can bring life to our missions while we play solo or online.
    Asking for an update is not the equivalent of being impatient. I don;t care if Ubisoft Paris needs 12 months to get it right as long as they are communicating with their customers, customers that already walked away before even trying the game which is evident by the day one sales or more accurately the lack there of. Its taken Ubisoft Massive months to prepare the major RPG over haul that's coming which they are detailing on tomorrows State of The game stream, a customer/developer interaction that the Ghost Recon team does do. Why interact with your customers and provide them news and updates when you can just lay back and make occasional forum posts.

Ubisoft Paris has been able to avoid better customer relations and communications because they don't have any real competition. The other big publishers like EA, Activision, Take Two, Sony, Square-Enix and so on don't have a Ghost Recon competitor. if there was competition we'd see a very different result.

What we need are more competing games in the same genre/sub-genre to keep the studios focused on customer satisfaction. Its one thing to talk about good customer service its another to do it.
     1 people found this helpful

Asking on itself is not...
    Harassing and demanding communication is.
    They already said when they are going to give us the update on the second half of January, that means any day after tomorrow.
    They usually release a statement 2 days before launching the update.
    So you have already been communicated

Asking on itself is not...
    Harassing and demanding communication is.
    They already said when they are going to give us the update on the second half of January, that means any day after tomorrow.
    They usually release a statement 2 days before launching the update.
    So you have already been communicated
    Harassment is subjective and I was not been demanding in my post; I was stating realistic expectations. Telling the devs they suck or never play there games or don't care is harassing. Expecting them to turn off Always Online in a few days and drop the update for it the next day is being demanding.

Need I remind you that we are not talking about your typical "failed to launch" game. Even if DIVISION2 had not been a factor this year GRBP alone was impactful enough to put cause all titles to be delayed and force some serious financial updates. This was so impactful that the game has made some worst games of the Decade list and has spawned a number of gaming related memes.

NO. It is not acceptable to step away for lengthy periods of time and say nothing more then we'll be back later. Its not harassment to expect better and its not demanding to expect better. If they are too busy to provide regular updates then they need to hire one more person to do this. This problem with communicating is nots something I or anyone else made up but something the company's CEO acknowledged so you can bet as a customer I am going to expect better.

Ubisoft-Massive has been working on a major RPG over haul for that game and even though no formal news about it will be made until tomorrow they have been routinely interacting with their customers and keeping them up to date and that is how all Ubisoft studios should operate in terms of customer relations. Stop making excuses, it does not help anyone to be/do better.

If you are not part of the people who are harassing, telling them to F themselves, calling them of everything but saints.
    Kudos to you.
    I was also a content developer, so I know exactly the feeling of being harassed for the next update on a mod or campaign.
    Just because they make content to sell for people to buy.
    Doesn't mean that we the customers own their lives.
    It's ok to point out what we want to see.
    I've been pointing out that the holster is too low.
    That the Crye shirt was not a crye shirt (So they went ahead and removed the crye name).
    That the forward grip is too close to the magwell.
    That we are a snail while ADS.
    Several other things.
    It's also ok to say, yo...
    It's time that you guys share something with us, is the update really coming in a few days? Or will it be delayed again?...
    But what I've been seeing the community do (not everyone).
    Is pure bullying and harassment.
    In some cases, if ubisoft wanted to enter with legal action against some users here on the forums, guess what...they'd win...
    What doesn't help anyone, is this sort of behavior.
    Instead of coming to a good agreement between both parties, people want to use the internet to their advantage, and say to others what they with their sorry excuse of whatever existence, wouldn't have the guts to say to someone's face.
    When I say that the customers is at fault for the trash most companies put out these days.
    That's because of behaviors like this.
    Always gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.
    Do you really think that it wasn't out of pure pressure from the community, that they ditched wildlands and rushed into this, broken game.
    I remember the forums when wildlands are getting his share of backlash....
    I was there since the beginning (Just with a different account)

When a company wants to avoid that kind of "harassment or behavior" from the community, they dedicate a lot of time to test their games before launching so they want to be sure their project is almost 100% polished and ready to be sold. When a company lacks QA, the community will talk and express whatever opinion they may have about what they are buying.

Do not forget ArgimonEd that UBI is selling a product and we, the players, are the consumers and when you pay for a product, you expect that product to work as intended, otherwise, the consumer will complain, will express his/her disagreement and will get mad and in any business, the customer is always right. Do you think it is funny for example that I paid $60 for this game and on the top of that, I paid the Season Pass for me not to be able to play Project Titan because UBI decided to be only for multiplayers ? How about those who play SOLO like myself ? Don't you think I have the right to also play this game addition and get all the goodies those multiplayers are getting ? And you do not want me to complaint because you believe this is a harassment from my part ? Wrong !

Let's take a look in April 2020 to the new game CYBERPUNK 2077 from the same company that created the amazing The Witcher 3 ..... I can guarantee you that this new game ( Cyberpunk 2077 ) will be almost 100% polished when they launch it. Beside, it will be an offline game and with zero or almost none micro-freaking-transactions. I can guarantee you that that dev team are doing whatever it takes to come up with something so good ( like The Witcher 3 ) that the community will be saying only excellent opinions about them.

Let's wait and compare against UBI and see what is the difference between an excellent QA team that test their product 1000 times before launching to make sure it is finished and ready for selling with a company lacking QA and not paying attention to what the consumers are saying long time ago, even before this final product ( Breakpoint ) was out.

Do you want to keep your customers happy ? Rule of thumb : do not sell faulty products and to do so, you MUST test those products before placing them on the shelves. Period.

First of all, when the complaint is reasonable, the customer is right...
    You all, seem to ignore what I said, Even during wildlands in 2017 and 2018, there were a **** load of people pressuring ubisoft for the next installment...
    Harassing, now days, is really hard to take your time and sort **** out.
    I know this first hand from doing mods and campaigns for Arma.
    The team I was in, released an mod for a select group of people, there wasn't one day, where our discord wasn't full of messages of people harassing us asking for more, more more more..
    Consumer, as they are currently...Doesn't care about others lives, they just think about themselves, screw others, they must serve me, i'm their lord and savior and yada yada yada.

During the OTT, a few people took a posture to tell ubisoft to delay the game...
    A lot more people on here, took a posture of demading the game to be released soon, because they couldn't wait to play, and a lot of them started to harass the same way that they are doing now.
    The same way a lot of people harass Rockstar demanding new games all the time, just because you chip in your money, doesn't make others your slave
    And just to clarify, I'm talking about people who are on the forums, harassing for the sake of harassing, because they have nothing else to do with their lives, Look at my threads, I complain, I ask for things I want to see, and when I'm really pissed I throw an ocasional insult, but nothing on the level like some men-child around here do, I'm talking about a very specific group on the forums, so if the cap fits you, not my problem, if it doesn't...Then you shouldn't feel ofended.