I got Steep off of the free Epic Games store.

Alright, I downloaded Steep through the free Epic Games, and when I try to open it, it won't open and the uPlay launcher asked me for an activation code. I do not have an activation code. What should I do?

Same with me

Thank god! I thought it was just me for a minute there. I have the same issue and I've tried so many things to fix it, to no avail.

the same thing happend when rayman was free a couple months ago but I forgot how to get the activation code

I faced the same issue and now i can play.
    Looks amazing on ultrawide 1440p display!
    The steps to start:

Install Steep in the Epic launcher
    Run it from Epic - Redirected to Ubisoft and back
    Run it again - doesn't start
    Run Steep.exe from the game folder - Uplay is started - Installation of the game is suggested
    Cancel installation
    Select "Locate game files" in Uplay and point to the installed game.
    Start the game (from Uplay or game folder or Epic) - Update is available
    Start update download - Discovering files for a long time (~5 minutes on SSD) (looks like game files verification by Uplay)
    Installation of directX etc.
    Game starts!

Thats a azamzing video game

The ongoing interaction of Mobile Legends might be unsurprising,
    https://mobilegendsmodapk.com however that doesn't mean it isn't entertaining. Players square off in gatherings of 5 of every a hurry to annihilate the adversary base while ensuring their own, while your flunkies or crawls gradually travel up or down the guide in a resolute crucial decimate the foe base.

Players look over a pool of champions they can do fight with. Every legend has its one of a kind unit and play style, so playing won't feel like an errand each time you sign in.

Originally Posted by TentaNarc Go to original post
    Alright, I downloaded Steep through the free Epic Games, and when I try to open it, it won't open and the uPlay launcher asked me for an activation code. I do not have an activation code. What should I do?
    akwoawkao

Would my stuff still be saved?

Ok so I recently bought Steep from Steam. But ofcourse it comes out for free a few days later. So what im wondering is...if i request a refund...download it from the Epic Games store, would all of my progress still be saved? I have 18 hours in the games and am Level 25. Plz help!

same here

similar troubles here ; game won't start, tried from .exe directly, starting Uplay which is asking to download again the 25+ GB of the game, wtf ?
    I could not find how to change the game path from Uplay so I cut the steep folder and pasted it in the ubi's one. Started again, now it's "discovering files" instead of doawloading everything again, better, guess I'll be able to play within 3 hours.
    But hey, it's free, so who's complaining... I'd be very mad if I had pay for this game, but thank you ubi for the warning !

And this is why people pirate software.

mods probably won't like my reply, but it is true.

You can't get a refund after 2 hours of use on Steam

Originally Posted by Waspgaming101 Go to original post
    Ok so I recently bought Steep from Steam. But ofcourse it comes out for free a few days later. So what im wondering is...if i request a refund...download it from the Epic Games store, would all of my progress still be saved? I have 18 hours in the games and am Level 25. Plz help!

Like it says above, if you have more than 2 hours play Steam will not refund.

MIght as well keep it though the one in the epic store doesn´t seem to work.

I even got an email mocking me for linking the accounts and are unable to play anything.... Glad I didn't pay, otherwise I'd be upset.

FInding the exe, launching it, loging in and leting it discover files worked... at least this once