For all new people to RB6

Whether you are brand new to siege or a couple weeks in, here are a list of things i wish people told me when i started.

1. If they have ttv or YT in their name 98% of the time they aren't that good. Dont be intimidated if they are a streamer, that does not correlate game skill.
    2. You are going to get kicked for no reason in games. There is not reason, people just suck.
    3. You are going to be called racist and idiotic names. - reported them, thats all you can do.
    4.Mute people - easiest way to not interact.
    5. People will leave every type of game whether casual, newcomer, or ranked. It sucks.
    6. You are going to suck for the first 500 games. Dont be discouraged, this game is HARD.
    7. Learn the maps - custom games and youtube videos are nice. Also they have maps you can find online.
    8. You are going to be TKed.... A LOT. no way to help it. It sucks, but carry on.
    9. Find a group you can consistently play with. This will help you SO MUCH. - go to rb6 discord. There are thousands of people there.
    10. Ranks mean nothing. There are plenty of potato aimers at ALL levels. - work on your craft.
    11. Run and gun not your style? - great!! Be a support player!! Use your drone!!!
    12. THIS GAME IS HARD.
    13. Have fun. thats the point to this game.
    14. If you are on console. PEOPLE WILL USE Mouse and Keyboards. Nothing you can do about it and i doubt anything will ever be done about it.

Cheers!
     3 people found this helpful

SevenNVD's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    I like the list!

Especially #13, but that goes for all videogames, unless you're a pro player or streamer or something.

All I play is Ranked I have been playing since Beta. Level 249 over here!! I donít agree with 13. I play Siege because of the addictive adrenaline rush. I also like communicating with young adults and adults. I love how a little communication goes a long way. As long as the squad I am on puts up a good fight I really do not care if I win or lose. But I DO NOT play Siege for fun. Siege is like medicine to me....Once a day at the very minimum.

Most Ranked Siege players are like me. I love Siege because I feel like an operator. Siege is the only game that keeps my attention.
     1 people found this helpful

Take your time. No need to rush to get first kill or anything. Be strategic, check your corners. Look for kill holes in walls. Learn maps as noted by OP.

Originally Posted by faKALIty._ Go to original post
    Take your time. No need to rush to get first kill or anything. Be strategic, check your corners. Look for kill holes in walls. Learn maps as noted by OP.
    Thatís riiight...Use youíre drone, know youíre insertions. Be an Operator.

add. this is not a True Rainbow Six game. This is a run and gun bastardization of Tom Clancy's Rainbow six.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Ghost Sniper33 Go to original post
    add. this is not a True Rainbow Six game. This is a run and gun bastardization of Tom Clancy's Rainbow six.
    Hi GhostSniper!

Would you be willing to go into a bit of detail on why you feel this way towards Siege? Are there any particular aspects or features you feel the game is currently lacking?

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Hi GhostSniper!

Would you be willing to go into a bit of detail on why you feel this way towards Siege? Are there any particular aspects or features you feel the game is currently lacking?
    look at Every TOM CLANCY Rainbow Six game in the past.

Where is our mission planning? Our custom kits? our premission intel? our SINGLE PLAYER?

This game is not Rainbow six its a wanna be version of Counter Strike.

look at the actual Rainbow Six game, and Rouge Spear packs.

you moved away from what the game is with Raven Shield. and Black Arrow. and each time have gotten further away
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Hi GhostSniper!

In all fairness, this game has gotten alot quicker since its launch. I feel the devs may be too afraid to slow things down for when the game was adertised, they showcased a Premission map where the actors planned their insertions and talked about their game plan. We only get "Spawn points". The closet thing I can think to fix this would be any traps or operators or last known locations we spot with our drones could pop up on the spawn location for the map That would require a resorting order of droning and THEN picking spawn with intel.

Another thing was the showcasing of animated insertion points. This was never given to us which to me is sad because the Newest Modern Warfare took this and never does it feel old or weird or tiring to see you all riding in Together to the point. No spawn killing. Nothing cheeky.

I know they changed it due to Balance - the idea of as the rounds go on the map gets more and more destoryed. This true intial version of siege can only be play in terrorist hunt on defense. To me that is fun and makes you adapt as the rounds go on further. But the AI is far A rather than I. They walk in straightlines. They yell. They snap onto your head. They don't patrol. They don't flank. They don't make an effort aside from TRAPPING the hell out of rooms. If you took FEAR 1's AI and put them in this game, I'd love Terrorist hunt more than Ever.

Lets not forget the cast of Characters established in earlier Rainbowsix games. Where is Annika Lofquist, Domingo Chavez, Ayana Yacoby, and the rest of the gang? Playing alongside these classics would be great in a single player game. Take siege, give it the love that Outbreak got with a Story Driven Coop with siege and Old put together, and make it LONG for christ sake, Not 6 missions and call it good. Article 5 is a good starting point but There are those of us in the Siege Community who would love bits out of a Proper Siege Campaign.

Whose to say it can't be done. Have the defenders dressed as Terrorists, and they get their gear and such, but Attackers get their characters as well. Each round we trade off or something. A fun coop mode where each mission has cutscenes and depending on how it plays out the story changes. Imagine failing to disarm the bombs, suddenly the story changes. Woo. Make a max of say 3 possible ending, But nahhh, too much work. Can't monitize it.
     1 people found this helpful

This is such an awesome list and completely true.

I would just like to also say, when it does come together it really is an exhilarating experience and very well designed.