New Game Idea

What about if they came up with an Assassin's Creed game that takes place around Genghis Khan's time with the mongol empire

Well that is possible but I'm not sure how since Genghis Khan has already made an appearance in the novel Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade, the trading card game Assassin's Creed: Memories, and the comic book mini-series Assassin's Creed: Reflections.

I am laughing a little bit, because some time ago, before Christmas I wrote to UBI Montreal through the FB messenger about a new idea for the Assassin's Creed world, And that should be Robin Hood's world. So here I see that I am not the first one who thinks in a similar way. So thet truth is: The Robin Hood world was never explored by game creators. There were some veeery old games for Amiga, but really, the potential of this world hasnt been yet used.
    UBI, isnt it a great idea? Just think about this great open world, all the tasks Robin Hood could do and all theese adventures in the Sherwood forest. Second idea - is Samurai world - not ever explored. Ancient Egypt- explored, ancient greece - explored. Ancient Vikings - explored, ancient Europe - explored. What can be next? Old Great Britain with RObin Hood or ancient Japan with Samurai.

Sorry for meddling, frontierchris, but such period and phenomenon as Enclosure in England is rather interesting.

It was real genocide against its own people.
    But it's not nice to talk about it.
    Even if it's mentioned.....it's mentioned in some positive way.

How many people were killed and executed no one knows exactly. "Who will count those beggars?!"

Perhaps it was the time when the legends of Robin Hood gained new special force.

Robin Hood - is the most popular and the most loved hero in English people.
    It's very symbolic.

Originally Posted by djcubano Go to original post
    I am laughing a little bit, because some time ago, before Christmas I wrote to UBI Montreal through the FB messenger about a new idea for the Assassin's Creed world, And that should be Robin Hood's world. So here I see that I am not the first one who thinks in a similar way. So thet truth is: The Robin Hood world was never explored by game creators. There were some veeery old games for Amiga, but really, the potential of this world hasnt been yet used.
    UBI, isnt it a great idea? Just think about this great open world, all the tasks Robin Hood could do and all theese adventures in the Sherwood forest. Second idea - is Samurai world - not ever explored. Ancient Egypt- explored, ancient greece - explored. Ancient Vikings - explored, ancient Europe - explored. What can be next? Old Great Britain with RObin Hood or ancient Japan with Samurai.
    I'm glad you agree my friend. I'm actually hoping to get in touch with Ubisoft Montreal myself about my ideas here.

Originally Posted by GameGuru2018 Go to original post
    Sorry for meddling, frontierchris, but such period and phenomenon as Enclosure in England is rather interesting.

It was real genocide against its own people.
    But it's not nice to talk about it.
    Even if it's mentioned.....it's mentioned in some positive way.

How many people were killed and executed no one knows exactly. "Who will count those beggars?!"

Perhaps it was the time when the legends of Robin Hood gained new special force.

Robin Hood - is the most popular and the most loved hero in English people.
    It's very symbolic.

GameGuru, would you mind explaining what you're point is?

My point is that Robin Hood is much more than only Robin Hood.

It is more than only one particular man, it's more than a legend or myth.

Robin Hood - is aspiration of an entire nation.

People always, through its history, I mean ordinary people.... they were always oppressed.
    Rich always exploited those who were poorer.
    Everywhere, in all countries, and in England as well.

And the most vividly and painfully it was expressed in Enclosure period.
    The time when a large number of people suddenly became beggars.
    Just without nothing!

Not only without nothing - they were enslaved. In direct sense of the word.

English people were just plucked away from the thousands of years life pattern.
    Their roots were uprooted.
    No more lands of common. No more commune.

They were forcely put on new rails - rails of individualism, and rails of capitalism later.
    Rails, deep inside alien to its people.

Robin Hood - is a memory of their natural rails.

Memory of those lands of common, of that commune.
    Robin Hood - is a memory of Justice.
    Message of sharing.

Robin Hood - being historic legend... is not about the past but about the future!

That's why people with power and money don't like him.
    That's why they were asking to remove him from textbooks.

Moreover......

Why Robin Hood is the most beloved?
    Why not a noble person, prince or priest?
    Why some " dirty criminal"?

Think about it, frontierchris!

Okay, I see what you mean but how does this connect with my ideas? You're not saying I'm doing something wrong are you?

No, frontierchris, you're doing everything right.

Good that you're writing about Robin Hood!

I only wanted to expand that Robin Hood is much more than only some certain person.
    In Britain history were real "Robin Hoods".

And Enclosure was an important part of it.

Robin Hood can appear many times in different periods.

And in Kett's Rebellion for sure!

He was rich and wealthy man....

He also wanted to carve out his own piece of the pie, first.
    But later he was ashamed of himself.

And led rebellion.

That was a real "Robin Hood"!

http://www.britainexpress.com/Histor...-rebellion.htm

That's the kind of people Assassin's Creed should be about!

Oh, now I see! And by the way, Robert Kett does sound like a Robin Hood, I mean after all Robin Hood is considered to be more of a rebel than an outlaw because he rebelled against laws that were unfair and against Norman corruption.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345