Now before we go any further with the story, I just thought of another idea for a viking treasure trove. This time it will be that of Ivar the Boneless aka Ivar Ragnarsson, one of the six sons of Ragnar Lodbrok. Also this time the treasure trove will be located somewhere near Nottingham. You see I read somewhere that in 867 AD, after avenging their father's death in York, Ivar and his brothers once captured Nottingham and spent the winter there, which is perfect, meaning that we can say he hid some of his treasure somewhere around there during his stay. As for the map, Robin can find it on Caspar Steinhopf after he kills him. Oh and then there's another treasure trove I thought of, left by Ivar's brother Bjorn Ironside, one that is located somewhere near York. Robin can receive the map to it from Isaac of York after the Battle of Torquilstone Castle. I'm not sure whether or not there will be Shards of Eden in these troves but as far as weapons are concerned there's Ivar's battle axe and Bjorn's double-sided axe. Oh and since they called him Ivar the Boneless, why not make it a battle axe with a whale bone handle. Oh and another thing, remember I mentioned in one of my earlier posts of Marian firing to arrows at the same time and then three arrows at the same time during her fight with Maudlin, well I'm thinking of including such techniques as abilities which the player has to achieve with ability points just like in Odyssey. With these abilities the player can shoot two or three targets at once.
    Actually maybe I should hold off on the Viking treasure ideas until Assassin's Creed: Kingdom or Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok is released. See the Age of Vikings went on for three hundred years and I'm not sure as to where in that time period Ubisoft intends for the game to take place. Whether it be during the time of the Great Heathen Army or any other time I do not know for sure. Anyway, back to the story, it is now morning and we see King Richard, Robin, Ivanhoe, and the others are leaving Nottingham and heading towards London. Aside from the Celtic Warriors, they’ve also received reinforcements from Papplewick, Loxley, Mansfield, and other villages Robin and his Merry Men have helped over the past two years. Also along the way, they meet up with Mercadier, an Occitan warrior who brings a group of mercenaries, and with him is the young Philip of Cognac, the Lion Heart’s illegitimate son. They also brought catapults and trebuchets as requested by King Richard himself. Fearing that Prince John might try to use the people there as a shield, they send riders on ahead to warn them and have them take refuge in every church in London as well as other safe places like the underground sewer tunnels. Meanwhile, back in London, Baron Waldemar is assembling his troops as well as gathering a small force of mercenaries, while Sir Lucas de Beaumanoir manages to bring in the Knights Hospitalier who are seeking revenge for the death of Sir Ralph de Vipont, who aside from being a Templar was also one of theirs. Soon Baron Waldemar receives unwelcome news from Hugh Bardon and his spies and reports to Prince John that his brother King Richard, Robin Hood, and Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe are on the move with a large force, one even larger than they expected, along with artillery, and even reports that there is not a soul to be seen in the entire city for all the people have taken refuge in different places to be safe from harm. The prince is now somewhat disappointed that he'll never be able to use the people as a shield now that they have been warned. So he tells the baron to have Hugh Bardon and his spies go and try to do away with his brother as well as Robin and Ivanhoe, and to set up a defense in case Bardon fails.
    Now it is night, and our heroes have set up camp. By now they are some miles away from London, and their scouts have returned. Not only do they bring them news that the people are safely hidden, but also that mercenaries have been gathered and that the Knights Hospitalier have arrived. After wondering what the Knights Hospitalier are doing there, Robin suddenly remembers that Sir Ralph de Vipont was one of them. Nearby, we see Hugh Bardon and his spies sneaking through the brush and keeping watch on them. As soon as the others are asleep and King Richard, Robin, Altaïr, and Ivanhoe are sitting at a campfire reminiscing, Bardon and his men, all armed with longbows and crossbows, start taking positions on a nearby ridge. Then as Bardon gets ready to shoot the Lion Heart, we see Marian walking over to the campfire to get Robin to come to bed when she suddenly spots Bardon and shouts a warning. Hearing her warning, the four men take cover and Hugh Bardon misses his shot. Her warning also wakens some of the camp and soon an archery fight ensues. Although it is night, the light of the moon gives Bardon and his men away and many are killed while our heroes only receive a few casualties. Then during the fight, Marian spots Bardon once more and takes her bow and shoots an arrow into the villain’s throat. Now that their leader has fallen, the remaining spies retreat and ride back to London.
    Before we continue with the story, I would like to share another great idea I have in mind. You see since the last two video games, “Origins” and “Odyssey” had mythical monsters in them (and if I’m not mistaken so will the next one) I thought why include some in this one as well. I already have a few ideas of which ones to include:

Grendel
    The Dragon (Beowulf or St. George)
    The Worm of Linton
    Rhitta Gawr
    The Dullahan
    The Banshee
    The Cockatrice

That’s all I have for now. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Grendel is one of the antagonists from the poem/story Beowulf. He is usually depicted as a monster or a giant while sometimes he is also depicted as an ogre or a troll, as for me, I'm thinking about depicting him as an ogre. As for the Dragon, I'm not sure whether in should be the one from Beowulf or the one from St. George. The Worm of Linton is a mythical wyrm or serpent which lived on the northeast side of Linton Hill at the village of Linton in Roxburghshire on the Scottish Borders. Rhitta Gawr is a giant from from the Arthurian Legend who was slain by King Arthur himself. Now about the Dullahan, well you’ve heard of the Headless Horseman right, well that’s what the Dullahan is. Unlike Washington Irving’s Headless Horseman, however, the Dullahan is an undead headless knight from Irish Mythology, and instead of a pumpkin he carries an actual head, his head. The Banshee is a female spirit, also from Irish Mythology, who heralds the death of a family member, usually by wailing, shrieking, or keening. The Cockatrice is a mythical monster that is half dragon half cockerel, and not only does it breath fire but it also has a deadly gaze. Oh wait I just decided instead of choosing one of the two dragons, why not use both of them. Anyway, on to rewards for when the player defeats the monsters. I have it down that defeating Grendel, the player will achieve Beowulf’s two swords Hrunting and Naegling. Defeating the dragons will achieve Beowulf’s armor and St. George’s sword and his spear Ascalon. Defeating Rhitta Gawr will achieve King Arthur’s armor which will include both a crown and Arthur’s helmet Goswhit. Finally, defeating the Dullahan will achieve his own sword. As for the Linton Worm, the Banshee, and the Cockatrice, I haven’t figured out what weapons or armor the player will achieve by defeating them, but like in Odyssey will achieve Apples of Eden. I haven’t figured out how these creatures came to be or who created them yet but I do know it won’t be the Atlantians. Maybe I can have them created by Templars trying to play God or by the residents of Avalon.
    Anyway back to the story, after the attempted ambush we see King Richard and Robin having lookouts stand watch in case the late Hugh Bardon’s spies come back, before settling in for the night. Meanwhile, back in London we see the spies as they ride through city. We see many men preparing barricades as well as building catapults and trebuchets. We then see them report to Prince John, Baron Waldemar, and the Sheriff of Nottingham that the ambush had failed and that Hugh Bardon or “Master Hugh” as they call him, is dead. Upset over the loss of his best scoutmaster, the prince dismisses the spies and sends them to help prepare the defenses. As for Baron Waldemar and the Sheriff, they send for Sir Brian de Bois-Gilbert and Sir Lucas de Beaumanoir to come and help them go over strategy.

To be continued...

Back to the story, about a day or so later, we see our heroes along with their army, approaching London. They then set up camp about a half-a-mile away from the city and prepare the artillery. On the other side, there are two barricades; one in front of the main gate of the London Wall and the other in front of the Tower of London (the second is a fallback spot in case the wall is breached). By now Prince John’s catapults and trebuchets are ready but still have yet to be tested. Most of them are placed on the wall while the rest are placed in front of it at the barricade. Most of Prince John’s men are stationed on the wall while some are stationed at the barricade in front of it. When the prince is told of his brother’s arrival, he has his servants fit him with his chainmail armor and ready his horse. Once ready, he rides out to the wall to see what is happening and is shocked by the size of Richard’s army, and wonders how he was able to mobilize such a force.
    Meanwhile, back in the camp, King Richard, Robin, Altaïr, and Ivanhoe have gathered all the officers (Sir Cedric of Rotherwood, Sir Richard of the Lee, his son Henry, Isaac of York, Little John, Kirjath Jairem, Sir Guy of Gamwell, Marian Fitzwalter, Maria Thorpe, Mercadier, Philip of Cognac, and the Celtic Clan leaders) and are going over their strategy. Already they’ve sent scouts to probe the enemy’s defenses and to make sure that all the civilians in the city are safely hidden, and when both are confirmed they try to figure out the best course of action. Since there is no secret passage way like the one Torquilstone Castle had, they have a homemade battering ram to break through the main gate as well as homemade assault latters. Once again Robin and his Merry Men will act as archers, Sir Richard’s knights and King Richard’s crusaders will act as cavalry, the Celtic Warriors will act as both archers and infantry, Mercadier and his mercenaries will also act as cavalry while some of them handle the artillery, Sir Guy’s men will help handle the artillery, Cedric’s Saxons and the Jewish refugees will act as infantry, and as for the recruits from all the villages, some will help handle the artillery while the rest will act as archers and infantry. Once they are all in agreement on how the attack will proceed, they all leave the tent and go prepare their forces.
    Now we come to the attack, and our heroes begin with a siege to soften Prince John's defenses. They use the catapults and trebuchets to try and take out the enemy's artillery, both on the ground and on the wall. Once most of Prince John's artillery is wiped out, King Richard assembles the cavalry while Sir Cedric assembles the infantry. Robin and his archers are to act as reserves once the hand-to-hand fight commences. Prince John, meanwhile, then orders Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert, the Sheriff, and his captain-of-the-guard to assemble their forces outside the wall to meet his brother's army. As the two armies charge, Robin and the archers fire a volley of arrows to weaken the enemy army, and then when the melee fighting commences, they soon join in, helping the others outnumber the enemy. During the fight, Robin faces off with the Sheriff and the captain, while Ivanhoe faces off with de Bois-Guilbert. At first Robin loses control of his fight with these two men, mainly because they are on horseback while he is on foot, and the Sheriff and the captain, who is claiming to be avenging his brother whom Robin had killed years back, when Little John and Altair intervene (Little John the captain and Altair the Sheriff) by knocking them off their horses. Soon, upon seeing that his forces are being beaten, Prince John calls a retreat and the Sheriff, de Bois-Guilbert, and the captain lead their remaining troops back into the city while the archers on the wall give them cover.
    Before we go any further, I just thought of a good name for the captain-of-the-guard, Sir Gregor of Greenwich. At first I thought of calling him Sir Marcus of Greenwich but Gregor sounded better, however, since Marcus is also a good name I decided that Sir Marcus of Greenwich will be Sir Gregor's brother, and that he'll be one of Robin's targets during the crusade, and Robin's first hidden blade victim. You see Sir Marcus is a member of the Templars and a one of the conspirators of de Bois-Guilbert and Front-de-Boeuf, whom will be the ones to tell Sir Gregor of his brother's death. Oh and one more thing, I found two more mythical beasts to include. One is the Barghest, a mythical monstrous black dog with large teeth and claws that lives in Northern England. The other is the Afanc, a lake monster from Welsh Mythology which has been described as resembling a crocodile, beaver, or dwarf-like creature and is sometimes said to be a demon, and is said to have lived in either Llyn Llion, Llyn Barfog, near Brynberian Bridge, or in Llyn yr Afanc, a lake near Betws-y-Coed which was named after it. Oh, and I also thought of another ability called "Elevation Arrow" in which the player has the avatar shoot an arrow upward so it can hit a target at a long distance, you see the arrow goes up and then goes back down and lands on the target.
    Anyway back to the story, after the Sheriff, Bois-Guilbert, and Sir Gregor retreat back into the city, King Richard and Robin's forces charge the wall, bringing siege latters and the homemade battering ram. Robin and his archers pick off those manning the wall while the others scale it with the latters and try to break through the gate with the battering ram. A while later, once our heroes manage to break down the gate, Prince John then orders all his men to fall back to the Tower of London. While King Richard pursues them on the ground, Robin and his Brotherhood, accompanied by Altair and Maria Thorpe, take to the rooftops and pursue them from above. They chase them all the way to the tower, where Prince John and his men have manned the barricade. Robin then has his Brotherhood spread out and try to surround them from the rooftops and pick off with their bows as King Richard approaches with the rest of the army. The fight rages on until Prince John and his remaining forces fall back into the Tower of London. Robin, Altair, and the rest of the Brotherhood, come down om he rooftops and join the Lion Heart as he follows his brother and his minions into the tower. Inside the fight continues, and we see Robin fighting the Sheriff again and Ivanhoe is trying to make his way to Bois-Guilbert. King Richard, meanwhile, is trying to make his way to his brother, but is having a hard time doing so. Sir Gregor tries to take Robin from behind as he fights the Sheriff, but once again Little John and Altair interfere. Ivanhoe is able to reach Bois-Guilbert and clashes with him, meanwhile Sir Gregor demands Little John and Altair to get out of his way for he still craves for revenge, but when Altair tells him that he was the one who sent Robin to kill his brother, the captain decides to take him first and engages the both of them. As for Robin, he is able to knock the Sheriff on his back and is about to finish him when suddenly, he sees Ivanhoe fighting Bois-Guilbert. Soon Ivanhoe is knocked on his back and de Bois-Guilbert stands over him. Knowing what he is about to do, Robin rushes over to stop him. The Sheriff demands him to come back and tries to go after him when Marian and Rowena block him. Meanwhile, Bois-Guilbert is about to finish Ivanhoe off when Robin intervenes, blocking his sword and shoving him away. After Robin helps Ivanhoe back on his feet, we hear Bois-Guilbert demand for Robin to stay out of it, but Ivanhoe says that he has every right to join this duel since it was Bois-Guilbert who took Robin's land in Loxley. Seeing this as an opportunity to make sure that Loxley remains in his possession and thinking that he can take down both of them, the Templar accepts the challenge and the two on one battle begins. When de Bois-Guilbert's squire Baldwin de Oyley sees his master fighting two men at once, he tries to join in but Will Scarlet stops him and says that his fight is with him, which he already made clear back at Templestowe. Remembering this, de Oyley agrees and the two engage in their own battle.
    During the battle, we see Robin and Ivanhoe fighting Bois-Guilbert until they separate from the others as they follow him down the hall straight to the throne room. As soon as the two heroes enter the room, Bois-Guilbert is nowhere to be seen, that is until we see him close the door behind them and lock it. He then tells the two Assassins that he'd rather they settle the matter in private (that and he doesn't want King Richard to reach the throne). Meanwhile, Little John and Altair are still busy fighting Sir Gregor of Greenwich in a two-on-one battle. Although they have him out, Sir Gregor is able to stand his ground. Soon Altair is knocked on his back by Sir Gregor, who then attempts to finish him but Little John gets in the way and eventually stabs him in the gut. After the captain falls to the floor, Little John helps up Altair, but Sir Gregor, who is still alive, gets back on his feet and is about hack Little John from behind, when Altair tosses a throwing dagger into his chest, ending his life. Will Scarlet, meanwhile, is still dueling with the squire Baldwin de Oyley who seems to be as good a fighter as his master. After a long fight, however, Will manages to stab Oyley in the stomach, and the squire falls to the floor, feeling that he has failed his master as well as achieving his dream of becoming a knight. After hearing this, Will tells Oyley to hold on until the fight is over and promises that he'll ask King Richard to grant him his knighthood before he dies (an act of chivalry).

To be continued...

When last we left the story, Sir Gregor of Greenwich had been slain and the squire Baldwin de Oyley was fatally wounded but was promised to be given his knighthood before he expired. Anyway, back it the thrown room, both Robin and Ivanhoe are engaged in a two-on-one battle with Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert. Bois-Guilbert taunts them as they fight, but they don't let him get to them, knowing it might get them killed. The fight rages on until Bois-Guilbert is fatally wounded by Robin and falls to the floor, and then after a few more words, both Robin and Ivanhoe both thrust their swords right through the Templar's body, ending his suffering. After that, we see Marian and Rowena fighting the Sheriff who somehow manages to disarm them. Now the two women have their backs against the wall and the Sheriff is to kill the both of them when Altair enters the fray and fights the Sheriff until he manages to knock him down and point his sword at the Sheriff's throat. Meanwhile, King Richard has made it through the fighting crowd and is now walking towards his brother. Fearing for his life, Prince John runs towards the thrown room door and tries to open it, but finds it locked. Then remembering that Bois-Guilbert went in there, the prince pounds on the door and shouts for the Templar to open the door, and soon starts to panic as his brother comes closer. Once King Richard reaches him, he lays his hand upon his brother's shoulder and calms him down. He then tells Prince John to call off his men, for there is no longer any need for the fight to continue. Feeling he has no choice, the prince does just that and all his men surrender, even the Templar Knights.
    After the battle is over, the palace guards swear their loyalty to King Richard once again and Robin and his Merry Men are given a full pardon. The remaining Templars and they're allies are all taken prisoner and escorted to the palace dungeon, all accept for Prince John who is forgiven by his brother in spite of a number of objections and declared him his heir since their nephew Arthur of Brittany, the son of their older brother Geoffrey, is too young to take the throne even though he is the rightful heir. As for Robin, not only is he given back his home in Loxley, but King Richard also knights him as the Earl of Huntingdon. Both Cedric and Ivanhoe are given back Rotherwood and Marian is given back her land as well. When Robin asks the Lion Heart if he wishes for his Brotherhood to disband, he says he will not hear of it for it may be needed in the near future. He even offers his illegitimate son Philip of Cognac and the mercenary Mercadier as recruits, to which Robin accepts for he is actually impressed with their skills. King Richard also grants the dying Baldwin de Oyley his knighthood before he expires.
    That night our heroes are having a dance ball to celebrate their victory when suddenly a guard arrives and informs them and King Richard that their enemies have escaped. Meanwhile we see the Sheriff, the Bishop, Sir Lucas, and Baron Waldemar riding out of the city. Among those with them are Sirs Conrade Mountfitchet and Herman of Goodalricke, the squire Damian, Stephen Steelhart, Broad Thoresby, and the Three Spears of Spyinghow. As soon as their miles away from London, they split into two parties and go in opposite directions.

To be continued...

Now before we continue with the story, I have eight more legendary bows in mind, one is that which belonged to the Celtic Goddess of Archery, Flidais, five are those that belonged to the Celtic Gods of the Hunt, Cernunnos, Nodens, Arawn, Gwyn ap Nudd, and Vosegus, one which belonged to the Anglo-Saxon God of the Hunt, Woden who was also the leader of the Wild Hunt, and another that belonged to Wuldor, the Anglo-Saxon God of Archery. Oh and one more thing, I also have some great DLCs in mind, but I'll talk about them later.
    Anyway, when we last left the story, the Templars and their affiliates had escaped and separated. Back at the Tower of London, King Richard erges Robin and Ivanhoe to find those men and stop them as soon as possible, for he has plans of going to war with France in order to regain Normandy, which his brother Prince John had lost, and they can't risk having those Templars and their affiliates about, for they might try take over England while they're away. He also wishes for Robin, Ivanhoe, and the rest of the Brotherhood to go to with France with him, as soon as this ordeal is over. The two Assassin's agree to do so, but not before they have their double wedding with Marian and Rowena. Sir Cedric then says that he will go to France as well, for he doesn't wish for his son to go to war without him. All that being decided, the Assassins leave the palace and begin their hunt.

Now it is the year 1195 (in the middle of it that is) and Robin Hood and his Assassin Brotherhood are still searching for the Templars and their affiliates. Suddenly, Excalibur begin's to glow and float or levitate, and Robin can feel that something or someone is calling to it, as do the others. Then the sword begins to move in certain direction and the Assassins decide to follow it. It leads them all the way back to the Lake of Avalon, where it levitates over the water, and suddenly a hand pops out of the lake and grabs hold of it. Then some beautiful woman comes walking out of lake while still holding up the sword. It is the Lady in the Lake herself, which the Assassin's soon realize as she asks them to come forward (although they do ask her to confirm who she is). After a few words or less, the Lady in the Lake gets to the point as to why she had summoned Robin and his Brotherhood. She says that there are ten mythical creatures on the loose and even shows images of what they are. Robin recognizes some of them; the Grendel, Beowulf's Dragon, Saint George's Dragon, the Cockatrice, Rhitta Gawr the Giant, the Worm of Linton, and the Barghest; finds it hard to believe since most of them (the Grendel, Beowulf's Dragon, Saint George's Dragon, the Cockatrice, Rhitta Gawr the Giant, and the Worm of Linton) were slain. The Lady in the Lake says that it is true, however, after they were slain, the people of Avalon, or Avalonians, placed their souls into six mystical orbs, or Apples of Eden, and were taken back to Avalon. They then conducted experiments in order to resurrect the monsters (practically the same way the Olympians did in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey). Although they were successful with the resurrections, they soon realized it was a mistake for after resurrecting three of the monsters, they could not control them, so they called off the experiments and re-imprisoned the monsters' souls into the Apples of Eden. As for the Barghest, the Afanc, the Dullahan, and the Banshee, the Avalonians imprisoned them as well, upon realizing that they were to dangerous to be left on the loose. The orbs were then hidden in a secret chamber on the Isle of Avalon, never to be used again. Then when Robin asks as to how these creatures were able to return, the Lady in the Lake tells him in others that centuries later, during the Second Crusade, the Knights Templar of England somehow discovered the secret and invaded Avalon, where they found the secret chamber and stole the Apples of Eden. They then conducted the same experiments the Avalonians did recreated all the creatures. Their plan was to them to help expand their Order into Wale, Ireland, Scotland, and all the other British/English Isles, and to help conquer the Holy Land. The Dullahan and the Banshee were sent back to Ireland, the Giant and the Afanc to Wales, and the Barghest and the Worm of Linton to Scotland, while the rest were to be sent to the Holy Land. Although the experiments were a success, like Avalonians, however, the Templars were unable to control the beasts. So as a result, the monsters had all escaped; the Dullahan and the Banshee escaped upon reaching Ireland, the Giant and the Afanc upon reaching Wales, the Barghest and the Worm upon reaching Northumberland, and the Grendel, the Dragons, and the Cockatrice before they could reach the ship for the Holy Land. The Templars had sent search parties to try and recapture the monsters, but few had returned. When they received word that the Crusade had ended, they called off the search and also gave up on their expansion plan as well.
    Then the Lady in the Lake tells Robin and the others that the Templars and their affiliates are as of now going after these same creatures, for they plan to use them in order to take over England and to expand their order into the surrounding British/English Isles just like their predecessors, and that they must find the beasts first at all costs, slay them, and bring the Apples of Eden back to Avalon. Robin and his Brotherhood then consult with each other on what they should do, and decide that they will go after the monsters since the Templars are doing so. Robin then tells the Lady in the Lake that they accept the task and in response she tells where they will find the Grendel and that she will give the location of another monster per every Apple of Eden that is returned. As for the Grendel, she says that they will find it in a cave somewhere in the Pennines, not far from where they found the treasure of Eric Bloodaxe. Before they leave, Robin tells Philip of Cognac and Mercadier to go to London and warn King Richard and tells Sir Henry of the Lee and Alan-a-Dale to keep their hunt for the Templars going while he is away. Little John, Marian, Ivanhoe, Will Scarlet, Altair, Maria, Friar Tuck, and Rowena all accompany Robin on the journey.
    Next we see Robin and the others as they arrive at the Pennines and the cave where the found the treasure. Remembering what Lady in the Lake told them, they start searching for the cave where the Grendel is residing, and we hear them talking about the story of Beowulf and the Grendel. It isn't long before they happen upon one that is deep and dark, and from it they can hear a strange moan. They can tell for sure that it must be the Grendel, and so they tie up the horses, light a torch, and quietly enter the cave with their weapons at the ready. After going down some sort of tunnel, they enter this cavern where they find an ogre that seems to be a bit taller than Little John. It is the Grendel, and when it spots them, it grabs a club and angrily charges at them. They all leap out of the way, and the Grendel crashes into either a stalagmite or a rock pillar. Now a battle ensues and our adventurers do their best to avoid getting clubbed by the monster and to keep it at bay.
    After a long fight, our heroes manage to kill the Grendel, and then one of its arms starts to glow with strange writings all around it. It is the same arm that was severed by Beowulf, and somehow Robin can tell why it's glowing, so he takes his sword and chops the arm clean off and then it changes into the shape of a sphere. Then when our heroes take one more look at the body, they see that it too had changed into a dead one-armed man (obviously the one who was experimented on). Before they leave, they bury the body and Robin recites its last rights. As they exit the cave, we see Sirs Conrade Mountfitchet and Herman of Goodalricke watching them from a ridge. Realizing that the Assassins have already slain the Grendel, they go back to the other Templars and tell them that their mission is a failure and they must report back to the Grandmaster. When one of them asks why they don't go after the Assassins, Sir Conrade says that their orders were only to bring back the Grendel alive, nothing more. With that, they ride off empty handed. Upon hearing the hoof beats, Robin heads up the ridge to see what it is, but by the time he gets there, the Templars are long gone, however, he does find fresh hoof prints and a spur that has a rowel shaped like a Templar Cross. When he returns to the others, he tells them that it was the Templars but knowing it might be difficult to follow them since they are in the mountains, he decides to head straight back to Avalon.
    Next we see Sir Conrade and Sir Herman and their party riding towards some deserted castle not far from Wakefield. The we see the main dining room where we see the Grandmaster Sir Lucas de Beaumanoir with the now former Sheriff of Nottingham Baron William de Wendenal and the Bishop of Hereford going over their plans when Sir Conrade and Sir Herman enter the room and inform them of the mission's failure. Wendenal then demands to know why they didn't go after Robin's party and retrieve the Apple of Eden, and Sir Conrade's only answer is that it wasn't their orders. Then when Wendenal starts shouting at them, Beaumanoir stops him and says that Sir Conrade speaks the truth, that and they don't have time to conduct experiments in order to create another Grendel, and then he orders Sir Conrade and Sir Herman to go to Baron Waldemar and have him lend them some more men, for they will need a bigger party for their next assignment.
    Meanwhile, back at the Lake of Avalon we see Robin and the others arrive just to find King Richard waiting for them along with Philip of Cognac and Mercadier as well as a few palace guards. Robin asks why they are there and the king says that he wished to see the Lady in the Lake with his own eyes. Robin then asks Philip and Mercadier how the hunt is going and they tell him they are still looking. Then King Richard asks Robin if he and the others really found the Grendel, to which Robin says yes but that he'd explain later for he must return the Apple of Eden. So he walks up to the lake and out comes the lady, to whom he hands the sphere. Then he introduces King Richard who can't believe his eyes. When the lady curtsies to him, the king tells her that she bows to no one, and then kneels and kisses her hand.
    Before we conclude with this post, I just want to mention that I decided to alter the mission where Robin goes after Prior VIncente of Emmet. Instead of just having him kill the prior right after he receives the money, I thought it would be better if he caught him in the act of giving conspiring with the Templars first. Anyway, I have it down that before giving Sir Richard of the Lee the money, Robin slips into the prior's office at St. Mary's Church where he looks through his records and finds that the prior had been collecting from a number of people who owed him money, and that he has been giving half the money to the Templars to support their cause, just Altair mentioned in the information he sent Robin, and has been keeping the rest for himself. He also finds that Prior Vincent's next donation to the Templars is to be picked up on this very night. Then when he delivers the money to Sir Richard, he informs him of what the prior has been up to, but to give him the money anyway so he can catch in the act.
    So next we see Sir Richard delivering the money to Prior Vincent, and as soon as the prior closes the door, the knight joins Robin on the roof where they keep watch until midnight when they see a rider approaching St. Mary's Church. It's a Templar Knight, a messenger from Templestowe who has come to collect the money. He calls out to the prior, who comes out of the church with bags of gold. As soon as the Templar starts heading for the main gate, Robin and Sir Richard slip out of Nottingham and wait for out in the forest. Once the Templar is in view, Robin takes his bow and arrow, and once the rider is in range, Robin shoots the arrow into him. After the dead man falls off his horse, Robin and Sir Richard retrieve it and take the money. Then before head back to town, they hide the loot in the brush next to a tree in which Robin puts an arrow so they will remember where to look.
    Next we see Prior Vincent storing his share of the money into a chest before exiting his office, taking a small sum with him. Then as the prior walks through the streets of Nottingham, we see Robin, who is disguised in a cloak and hood, pretend to accidentally bump into him and pick his pocket. Once the prior realises his money is gone, instead of calling the guards, he foolishly goes after Robin who leads him into a dark alley. When Prior Vincent enters the alley, he can't see the Assassin anywhere, and as soon as his back is turned, Robin creeps up and stabs him with his hidden blade, killing him. Then after hiding the body, Robin and Sir Richard go back to the prior's office and take the rest of the money. After that, they go back to the place where they hid the first half of the money, and on the following day, Robin and his men return of in back to those that Prior Vincent had robbed. Meanwhile, the Sheriff and his men find both the prior's body and that of the Templar messenger, and knowing who was responsible, the Sheriff curses Robin Hood's name.

To be continued...

When we last left the story, Robin and his Brotherhood had just returned one of the Apples of Eden to Avalon, and King Richard was there. Now after introductions, the Lady in the Lake tells them that the next monster, Beowulf's Dragon, is living in a cave somewhere near the Greenwood Forest. Robin knows where that is (although he didn't know about the dragon), and agrees to take care of it. King Richard says that he will go along as well, for he is anxious to see a real-live dragon, but before they leave, Robin tells him and the lady that the Templars were in the Pennines, although they were too late to catch the Grendel, and he shows them the spur. We even see King Richard take the spur and say "I didn't know they had their own spurs." Before they leave, the Lady in the Lake gives Robin plans for a special arrow that can pierce through a dragon's scales, which includes the required materials for it, and when she sees the Arrow of Eden in Robin's quiver she tells him that it can also penetrate the dragon's scales. Robin then has Will Scarlet take the plans and ride on ahead back to Sherwood Forest and gather the rest of the Brotherhood (and have Kirjath Jairam gather his fellow refugees), Wilfred of Ivanhoe ride out to Rotherwood and fetch his father and his men, and Mercadier to fetch his fellow mercenaries because he fears that they may need every man they've got since the dragon may be even bigger than the Grendel, that and the fact that he knows quite well that Beowulf had lost his life when he slew it, plus he also believes that the Templars will probably do the same.
    A few days later, we see King Richard and Robin as they and their party meet up with the others along the road. Each person is armed with either a lance or a spear, and the whole Brotherhood is armed with the special arrows. Next we hear Robin, King Richard, and Ivanhoe talking about the story of Beowulf's battle with the dragon as they ride along. As soon as they reach the Greenwood Forest, Robin leads the way to the cave, and when they find it, they all dismount and hitch the horses to trees or whatever is usable. The rest of the party stays behind and wait in ambush in case the dragon emerges from the cave, while Robin, Maid Marion, King Richard, Ivanhoe, Lady Rowena, Cedric, Little John, Will Scarlet, Altair, and Mercadier, with swords drawn, go inside to investigate.
    Inside the cave, we see Robin and the others moving in quietly and looking in every direction, then suddenly after we see them pass by something, we see a huge eye open and a pair of nostrils smoking, it is the dragon, who seems to have been sleeping. Then as our heroes continue looking, they suddenly hear some kind of growling noise and what sounds like huge footsteps. After saying a few words, they each look at each other, then turn around, and there stands a huge, mean-looking, fire-breathing dragon with a long neck, sharp teeth & claws, horns, large wings, and a long tail. Then we hear both Marion and Rowena screaming at the top of their lungs, and the dragon roars as it lunges its head towards them in an attempt to try and eat them or at least one of them. Our heroes all jump out of the way as the dragon hits the ground and then they scatter into different directions to try and confuse the beast before heading for cover when it starts to use its firebreath. Then after our heroes fight the monster for a while, a few stilettos and rocks start falling from the ceiling for a number of stone pillars have been smashed by the dragon during the fighting. Fearing that the cave might collapse on them if they continue this conflict inside it, both Robin and King Richard tell the others to start heading outside, hoping that the dragon will follow them. So they all head for the cave entrance a call out for the dragon who actually does follow after them.
    Meanwhile, Philip of Cognac and Sir Henry of the Lee are still waiting in the woods with the rest of the Assassins and their allies, when they suddenly see Robin and King Richard's party running out of the cave. King Richard gives the order for them to ready their weapons for the dragon is on it's way. Then when the dragon appears, they all come out of the woods and toss all their spears and lances, but only a few of them are able to penetrate it's scales. Now the dragon is enraged and all the Assassins and their allies run into the woods and fetch their horses as it breathes out flames (some, however, don't make it but none of the identified ones). Then it takes to the sky and goes after them, breathing out fireballs into the forest, trying to smoke them out. Knowing that the forest can't protect them, and not wanting it all to go up in flames, our heroes head for the fields and mount their horses. Once again, they try scattering, hoping this time they'll have a better advantage since they're out in the open. Now before we go any further with the story, I've just decided to make a slight change to the game. You see at first I had no intention of including shields in my idea, but since it includes fire breathing monsters I've changed my mind. So the legendary shields I have in mind so far are King Arthur's shield Pridwin (which will be found in his tomb with the rest of his weapons), Cuchulainn's shield Duban, and the Shields of Joseph of Arimathea, Judas Maccabee, and Evalach. Anyway back to the story, Robin and his Brotherhood continue to scatter and fire the scale piercing arrows at the dragon, first on horseback then on foot, as well as dodging every time it swoops down or uses its firebreath. Meanwhile, we then see Sirs Conrade and Herman leading a huge party of both Templars, soldiers, and mercenaries. With them is Sir Robert of the Wolfbane, a Templar affiliate and mercenary, who is also somewhat of a skilled hunter. Suddenly, they see smoke coming from the Greenwood Forest, and then they see the dragon flying, swooping, and breathing fire. They soon figure out that the Assassins have already found the beast, so they speed up the party to try and intervene before the Assassins can slay it. Back at the battlefield, the dragon soon lands on the ground and faces Robin and the others in closeup combat. They all keep trying to avoid its jaws and blocking its firebreath with their shields. Then a while later, the dragon once again takes flight, and our heroes go back to using their bows. Soon, Robin is down to one last arrow, which happens to be the Arrow of Eden, which means he'll have to make this last one count. So he takes the arrow, waits for the right moment, and shoots it right into the dragon's chest, close to the heart. When the arrow hits the dragon, however, it does more damage than Robin expected, for the wound is fatal and the dragon soon weakens and falls from he sky. It crashes to the ground, causing it to shake, but it's not dead yet for it is still breathing and moving, barely. Everyone comes to get a closer look at it, but they don't get too close even though it is now rendered harmless. Robin then approaches the dragon and then climbs onto it's chest to see what damage the Arrow of Eden did. As he can see, the arrow had broken more of the beast's scales than all the others did. He is soon joined by Ivanhoe who is just as surprised by the damage as Robin is. So now the both of them take their swords and plunge them right into the monster's heart, ending it's suffering. Everyone then cheers for their success, and are soon interrupted by the Templars, who suddenly show up only to find that they are too late. Expecting a fight, the Assassins and their allies all draw their weapons, but instead of obliging them, the Templars withdraw since they are outnumbered and because they have no orders to engage the Assassins. Robin then has Much the Miller's Son and Will Scathelock take some men and follow them. Then suddenly, after Robin pulls out the Arrow of Eden, he and Ivanhoe see one of its horns glowing, which means that is where the Apple of Eden is. So Robin rushes over to the dead dragon's head and cuts the glowing horn off and soon it turns back into its orbic form. Oh, I forgot to mention what part of the Grendel's body where it's sphere will be found. I decided that it will be the arm because in the Beowulf story, Beowulf slays the Grendel by severing it's arm. One version claims he did it by nailing the monster's hand to a sign board after which the monster breaks free but ends up having to pull its arm out of the socket, while another version claims Beowulf pull the arm out with his great strength. Anyway the wound proved fatal and the Grendel died. Anyway, after that Robin takes one more look at the deceased dragon only to find that it turned into an ordinary lizard. Now they realize that the Templars have been experimenting not only with humans but with animals as well.

To be continued...

Hello everyone, sorry I took too long in continuing with my writing, some of the keys on my keyboard died and I had to get it fixed, anyway before we continue with the story, there are other ideas I'd like to share. For starters, since the newest game Assassin's Creed Valhalla is taking place during the Norse Invasion of England during the ninth century, the cities, towns, and villages in this game will have to be completely evolved since my idea takes place three hundred years later, so as not to upset any players. Aside from that, there are also going to be upgrades to the hideout in Sherwood Forest. One is a makeshift smithy run by Gurth, Ivanhoe's blacksmith, whom I've decided to include after all, another is a makeshift workshop run by Wat o' the Crabstaff aka the Tinker. There will also be tree-houses added every time more people are recruited into the Brotherhood, and there will be a makeshift infirmary run by Rebecca of York, a tannery run by Arthur-a-Bland, etc. Anyway, back to Wat and his workshop, I thought that since he is referred as the Tinker, he can be in charge of improving gadgets like the hidden blade as well as creating new ones. Speaking of which, I've already come up with a new gadget, the Hidden Sprayer, or as I like to call it, the Hidden Blinder. It is similar to the Poison Blade, only instead of injecting poison into an enemy, it sprays this liquid or juice that can temporarily blind someone if it gets into their eyes. It activates the same way as the other hidden gadgets, except maybe for the Hidden Gun, and it can really come in handy, in hand-to-hand combat, assassinations, and escapes. Even though it is temporary, the enemy would be blinded long enough for player to have the playable character to either make a break for it or cut the enemy down.
    Oh and I just realized that the Assassins already existed in England before Robin Hood's time, so I decided that in my idea the previous Brotherhood in England was completely wiped out by the Templars during the Second Crusade and it's up to Robin to form a new Brotherhood. I mean surely their must have been plenty of Assassin Brotherhoods that were wiped out aside from that of Achilles Davenport. Also I figured out when Robin and Altair will meet up, it will be after Altair kills Lord Basilisk during the Siege of Acre, and according to the Assassin's Creed Timeline, the first half of the year 1191 is still left blank, so Altair can spend some of those six months teaching Robin. Anyway, I've also decided to include three more mythological creatures: the Questing Beast from the Arthurian legend, the Grendel's Mother aka the Troll Wife, and the Mester Stoor Worm of the Orkney Islands. I'm sure many of you already know about the Grendel's Mother but as for the others; the Questing Beast or the Beast Glatisant is a cross-animal monster that has the head and neck of a snake, the body of a leopard, the haunches of a lion, and the feet of a stag, and the Mester Stoor Worm is a gigantic evil sea serpent that was capable of contaminating plants and destroying animals and humans with its putrid breath. Say I just figured out as to how the previous Brotherhood was wiped out by the Templars, the monsters. You see before setting out for the ship that will take them to the Holy Land, the Templars let the two dragons, Grendel, Troll Wife, Questing Beast and Cockatrice loose on this castle or fortress, which is the Assassins' base of operations, slaughtering all the occupants inside including the apprentices and the Master Assassin. When it's over, nearly the entire Brotherhood is wiped out except for those who are still out on assignments. Also I've decided that this will be when these monsters will escape because I thought it would be more interesting than just having them simply break out of their cages, bonds, or whatever means the Templars use to restrain them. It happens right after the massacre, for the Templars fail to recapture them. As for the remaining Assassins, they are all hunted down and killed by the Templars, along with some of their allies. Oh and before the massacre, there are a few Assassins who spy on the Templars and then try to warn Brotherhood of their plans but get killed while trying to get away.
    Anyway, about the Troll Wife, I decided that she'll be the second monster, only she'll save our heroes the trouble of going all the way back to the Pennines by following their trail all the way back to Avalon after she discovers that her son the Grendel has been slain "again." Like the Banshee, the Troll Wife will be slain by Marion, and as for the Apple of Eden, it will be in a lock of her hair. Oh and as for the Templars, I'll just say that they couldn't find the Troll Wife until they spot her heading towards Avalon and that Sir Lucas decides to let her have her revenge and go after Robin and the others, hoping that she will either finish them or at least buy them time to catch the dragon. Now back to the story, we see Robin as he remembers the forest fire Beowulf's Dragon had started and then leads the others in trying to put it out. Some of them cut down some trees to keep the fire from spreading, while others try to put it out with buckets of water. As they do so, we then see Much and Scathlocke returning with their party, and they tell them that they lost the Templars somewhere along the road, before joining in the effort to put out the fire. Then suddenly, at the stroke of luck, a heavy rainstorm blows in and puts out the fire for them. Instead of heading straight to Avalon, Robin and the others take shelter in the dragon's cave for the time being until the storm passes. While waiting, Robin and Ivanhoe explain everything to King Richard about the monsters. The Lion Heart expresses how he can't believe that the Templars would go as far to bring monsters back from the dead in order to achieve their objectives. He is also surprised to hear that there was actually a Brotherhood in England long before Robin's. Oh and by the way, as you may have noticed, I decided to have the Templars' experiments with the creatures actually take place during the Second Crusade because the Templars didn't exist until after the First Crusade, also I'm thinking about portraying Robin Hood's father as an ally of the previous Brotherhood, only he is among the allies who survived. Anyway, back at the castle near Wakefield, Sirs Conrade and Herman inform Sir Lucas of what happened to the dragon. Instead of only sending them after another beast that dwells in England, predicting that the Assassins might beat them to it again, the Grandmaster sends Sir Conrade, along with Sir William of the Wolfbane and most of their forces, to Wales to retrieve Rhitta Gawr the Giant and the Afanc, and sends Sir Herman and the squire Damian with a small party to the ruins of Camelot to retrieve the Questing Beast.

To be continued...

Before we continue with the story, I want to mention one of the DLCs I have in mind, it involves one of Robin's Merry Men George-a-Greene aka the Jolly Pinder of Wakefield. It's based on the play George a Greene the Pinner of Wakefield of 1593, which of course was based on the ballad The Jolly Pinder of Wakefield. I haven't quite figured out the entire plot line yet but it won't be exactly like the play or the ballad. Anyway it will take place in the time gap between the Battle of Torquilstone Castle and the incident with Sir Stephen of Trent, and it will include more targets: Henry Momford the Earl of Kendall, Lord Charnel Bonfield, Sir Nicholas Mannering, and Sir Gilbert Armstrong. I wanted to add some more corrupt nobles who are of higher rank than knights among the targets in the 1190s. Also in this DLC, two more members of the Merry Men will be added; George-a-Greene himself and his soon-to-be wife Bettris of Wakefield. Anyway, in the play these four nobles are rebelling against a King Edward (probably based on Edward I) and are demanding provisions from the people of Wakefield to support their rebellion. Momford or Kendall is the leader of the four and is determined to become king. Bonfield, aside from being a rebelling noble who Kendall plans to make the Duke of Lancaster, is also after Bettris for her affections even though her love is for George, Armstrong is a knight who accompanies Bonfield and whom Kendall aims to make the Lord of Doncaster, and Mannering is a knight whom Kendall sends to Wakefield to demand the provisions but is sent back by George having torn up his commission and forcing him to eat the three seals. In my version, however, these four will be Templar affiliates who are demanding not only provisions but also money the people to support the Templars and their cause, although the townsfolk don't know of this. Also in the play, George-a-Greene is the main character instead of Robin (which makes this play somewhat similar to Ivanhoe) and he stands up to Kendall, Bonfield, Armstrong, and Mannering when they demand the provisions from the townsfolk and later kills Armstrong and captures Kendall and Bonfield. As for Bettris of Wakefield, although her love is for George, her father Grime wants her to marry Bonfield, and even goes as far as to lock her up until George is dealt with, at Bonfield's request of course. I also don't intend to include every last character from the play, but I might include to the a-Barley Family (John, Jane, and their son Edward) and maybe even George's son Wiley and Bettris' father Grime.
    Alright now I think I've got it now, it all starts back in Sherwood Forest, nearly a month or so after the Battle of Torquilstone Castle, and our heroes are trying to figure out what their next move will be, when Friar Tuck and David of Doncaster arrive with news that there is big trouble up in Wakefield, which is over sixty miles away from Nottingham and is in West Yorkshire. The people there are being oppressed by Norman nobles and Templar affiliates Henry Momford, Earl of Kendall and Lord Charnel Bonfield. Robin remembers those names in the list Altair sent him, and according to the information, these two nobles, like the Sheriff and Prior Vincent, have been donating some of the money they collected to the Templars themselves among other things, and with them are knights Sir Gilbert Armstrong and Sir Nicholas Mannering who are also Templar affiliates. According to Friar Tuck, among those who resist them is George-a-Greene, Wakefield's local pinder. Knowing that their purpose is not only to aid the people of Nottinghamshire but to all of England's citizens, Robin and Ivanhoe have at least half of the Brotherhood prepare to leave for Wakefield.
    To avoid the Sheriff's men or anyone else who is out looking for them, Robin and others start out at nightfall. They continue to ride the horses at a gallop until they are miles away from Nottingham and then stop and set up camp for the rest of the night. Then they continue on the next morning and along the way Marian mentions that she has a friend where they're going, Bettris of Wakefield. In the play, Marian and Bettris don't know each other at all, I just thought I'd make it more interesting. Anyway, when they arrive at Wakefield, we soon see Sir Nicholas Mannering in the town square, with a commission in his hand, demanding the townspeople for provisions and money. Then we see George-a-Greene step forward from the crowd and tell the knight that the people refuse, to which everyone agrees for they will not support anyone who has turned their loyalty over to the usurper Prince John. Also among the crowd are Jane-a-Barley, her son Edward, George's son Wiley, and of course Bettris of Wakefield. Then when Mannering starts making threats, while holding up the commission, an arrow suddenly takes the paper out of his hand and goes into a sign post. Suddenly everyone hears a voice say "That's enough," to which they look to the right, and there is Robin with another arrow at the ready. After Mannering demands to know who he is, we then hear one of the townspeople say "It's Robin Hood," and eventually the town cheers after looking at a wanted poster on a nearby wall. Then we hear Mannering say, "Robin Hood, seize him men," to which Robin whistles and all of his companions come out from hiding with arrows at the ready, keeping the guards at bay. Then, Robin steps forward, puts his bow and arrow away, draws his sword, and uses it to reveal the Templar cross and necklace hidden under Mannering's chainmail and tunic. Now Robin tell's the townspeople what Kendall and Bonfield were really up to, and of course what the Templars aim to achieve. The whole town is now outraged to hear that Kendall and Bonfield had been robbing them all this time to help the Templars and Prince John in committing treason. Robin then asks George-a-Greene to take the commission and burn it, to which George grins and takes the paper and puts it in a nearby fire. Angered, Mannering attempts to draw his sword while Robin's back is turned but George gives Robin a warning and the brave outlaw and Assassin grabs Mannering and pulls him down from his horse, causing him to fall into a mud puddle, face-first. To this, everyone laughs, including the guards, that is until Mannering looks at then sneering. Then Little John comes over, along with Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe, and lifts Mannering out of the mud and Robin tells him to go back to Kendall and Bonfield, and tell them that the people will no longer be used as a source to support the Templar cause. Mannering, of course, swears the will see Robin pay for his humiliation before Little John lifts him back onto his mount and sends him off with a smack on the horse's ***. As the guards ride away as well, all the townspeople cheer once more, and George, along with his son Wiley, comes over to Robin and personally thanks him for his help, and Robin of course thanks George for saving his life. As they converse, Jane-a-Barley, along with Edward, comes over and asks Robin and Ivanhoe if they knew her husband John, for he too has served in the Third Crusade. They say they have and that he actually fought by their side, to which she then asks if he is alive for he still has yet to return. Ivanhoe tells her that he was alive and that he remained in the Holy Land help make sure that matters there were completely settled, which was months ago, so he should be coming home eventually, to which she and Edward are relieved. In the play, John-a-Barley is only a mentioned character and I don't think it is ever mentioned as to why he is absent so I thought this would make it more interesting. Anyway, Bettris then comes to also express her thanks to Robin and then suddenly we hear Marian crying out her name. When Bettris sees her rushing over, she excitedly does the same and the two embrace each other with open arms. Then after a few more words, George then suggests that a celebration is in order, but Robin says that will have to wait because Kendall and Bonfield will soon be coming with more men than Mannering had, so they must get ready for their arrival. Then as they all converse, some grumpy old man storms over and grabs Bettris. It is her father Grime of Wakefield, and he takes her away for he does not approve of Bettris wanting to be with George-a-Greene, as he states to Robin who tries to stop him.
    Meanwhile, over at Kendall's castle, we see Kendall himself, along with Lord Bonfield and Sir Gilbert Armstrong, awaiting the provisions and money when Sir Nicholas Mannering comes in (still covered in mud and feeling somewhat embarrassed) and informs them that Robin Hood and Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe are in town with a number of men, and that they know about their connection with the Templars and Prince John. The three of them are disturbed by this unwelcome news, but are also amused by Mannering's appearance and by the fact that Robin was able to get the best of him. Mannering then asks for Kendall to provide him with more men so he can go back out there and get even with them, but the earl tells the humiliated knight to go get cleaned up and let him, Bonfield, and Armstrong deal with it. Reluctantly, Mannering does as he says and leaves the room, while Kendall tells Armstrong to gather their men-at-arms and ready the horses, however, he intends to talk with Robin and his companions first before using brute force, for he knows of what happened at Torquilstone Castle and that Robin and Ivanhoe are not to be underestimated.
    Before we continue with the story, there are a couple things I would like to mention. First, I've decided to include Merry Men Reynold Greenleaf and Firepan the Cook in the story. From what I've read, Reynold Greenleaf was at the same archery tournament where Robin won the Golden Arrow, so I'll have him start out as a competitor at the one in Ashby and then have him also play a part in helping Robin's escape, and that's how he'll join up with Robin's band of Merry Men, and possibly his Brotherhood. As for Firepan the Cook, I read that he started out as the Sheriff's cook, so I'll have that he will conspire with Marian when she was an informant, and that he will confirm what Ralph of the Scar said about Marian, Ivanhoe, and the others being taken to Torquilstone Castle. That will be when he joins the Merry Men and Brotherhood, but mostly as a cook, which means that one of the upgrades to the hideout in Sherwood Forest will be an outdoor kitchen with Firepan running it. The second thing is that I've decided to give Little John an above-the-wrist hidden blade like the one Darius had in "Odyssey" and the ones that are going to be used in "Valhalla," only I plan for the blade to be a bit wider because of how big Little John is. I thought that kind of hidden blade would be more fitting for Little John than the one that comes out from under the wrist.
    Anyway, back to the DLC story, back in the town we then see our heroes and their new-found allies preparing for the arrival of their enemies. Soon Reynold Greenleaf rides in and informs Robin that Kendall, Bonfield, and Armstrong are approaching with a large number of men-at-arms. Robin then tells everyone to get ready; some hide behind these homemade barricades while others take to the surrounding houses and keep down so they can surprise their unwelcome guests, should there be a fight. Suddenly we see Kendall, Bonfield, and Armstrong entering the town square on horseback with their men following from behind on foot. Soon nearly the entire square is full of men-at-arms and Kendall then calls out for Robin and Ivanhoe to reveal themselves, which they do by standing up from a barricade and come out into the open. After the introductions and a few other words, Kendall then tries to persuade Robin and Ivanhoe to take their men and leave. First he tries by giving a false promise of looking the other way if they do and then offers gold but they refuse. Kendall even tries to convince them that this matter is none of their concern, to which Robin says that all matters of oppression against the people of England are their concern be it in Nottingham, Wakefield, or any other part of the country, especially when the Templars are involved. Seeing that talking has proved useless, Kendall has Armstrong order their men-at-arms to ready their weapons and prepare to charge the two men, but then Robin gives a signal and everyone comes out of hiding and charge them instead. After losing a number of men, Kendall has Armstrong order those they have left to retreat, and as they do so, the Merry Men and their allies chase after them until they are many blocks away from the town square. When their enemies are gone, everyone cheers with triumph, but little do they know that Kendall was only testing them, although Robin is somewhat suspicious.
    Back at the castle, we see Kendall, Bonfield, Armstrong, and Mannering consulting over what their next course of action will be. Kendall is writing a message and suggests that they send for the Sheriff of Nottinghamshire. Bonfield, of course, asks why bother when they can send for their own Sheriff of Yorkshire, but Kendall says they need someone who knows Robin and Ivanhoe better than they do. When Armstrong adds that Wakefield is beyond de Wendenal's jurisdiction, Kendall says that he is sending the message to Prince John, who is residing in Nottingham as of now, and will gladly send the Sheriff under his orders. When the paper is finished, Kendall hands it over to a messenger and tells him to deliver it to Nottingham. It is decided that they will wait until the Sheriff arrives, along with reinforcements and supplies. Mannering, however, doesn't want to wait and demands that Kendall let him take care of Robin Hood personally for he still wants to get even with him, but the earl refuses and orders Mannering to wait with the rest of them. Bonfield, however, is granted permission to leave, for he has a personal matter to tend to in town, one which concerns Bettris of Wakefield. Both he and Armstrong leave at nightfall to avoid being seen by Robin and his Brotherhood. They are soon followed by Mannering, who is armed with a crossbow and plans to take matters into his own hands.
    Back in town, the people hold a big party in the square to welcome their honored guests. Robin, who is impressed by George-a-Greene after seeing how good a fighter he is during the recent scuffle, asks him to join his band of Merry Men, and perhaps even his Brotherhood. George says that he will as soon as his contract as a pinder is up, which is not until September 29 on Michaelmas, but he promises that they will stay in touch until then. Meanwhile, during the festivities, we see George's son Wiley and Jane's son Edward playing in the alleys when suddenly they spot Bonfield and Armstrong going into Grime of Wakefield's home. Feeling something suspicious, the two sneak over to the house and investigate. From what they overhear, Bonfield is asking Grime to lock Bettris in her room until George-a-Greene and Robin Hood are taken care of, to which the old man agrees and does so right away, although he is somewhat in doubt concerning the outcome since this is Robin Hood they are up against, as he so expresses to the two men. In response, Bonfield tells the old man to be rest assured for they have just sent for the Sheriff of Nottingham. When they've heard enough, the two boys slip away and head to the party to inform Robin and the others. Back at the party, as a dance ensues, we see Mannering sneaking into a nearby house on the left side of the square. He goes upstairs to a window that looks over the whole party, through which he spots Robin dancing with Marian, and readies his crossbow. Then when Wiley and Edward arrive, they soon spot Mannering and shout out a warning to Robin who manages to evade Mannering's crossbow bolt. Everyone then heads for cover behind the tables, barrels, etc. as Mannering continues to fire. As they keep out of sight they here Mannering shouting out taunts and demanding for Robin to show himself. The shouting is also heard by Bonfield and Armstrong who have just left Grime's home, where the have left two guards as a precaution. Bonfield feels aggravated over Mannering's insolent behavior and is eager to go find him but Armstrong calms him down and suggests that they just watch and see what happens. Meanwhile, when Robin is about to use his bow, Little John tells him to leave Mannering to him, for he's being waiting to try out his new over-the-wrist hidden blade which Wat o' the Crabstaff had made for him. After Robin reluctantly agrees, Little John quickly sneaks into a nearby alley and heads around the next few blocks all the way to the other side of the square. During his taunting, Mannering foolishly gives away Kendall's plan of sending for the Sheriff of Nottingham by bragging that he will get Robin before the Sheriff arrives (saving Wiley and Edward the trouble), which infuriates Bonfield once more, so much that he curses him and calls him a "blithering idiot." When he reaches the house, Little John slips inside and quietly heads up the stairs. By then, Bonfield and Armstrong have already reached the house but they fail to have seen Little John enter. Once he's at the top of the stairs, Little John sneaks up on Mannering, grabs him, and punctures the terrible knight from behind with the hidden blade. When Little John calls out that he got him, Bonfield and Armstrong know that Mannering is dead and then flee back to Kendall's castle.
    Meanwhile, when everyone comes out from hiding in the town square, Wiley and Edward inform Robin and George of what they overheard at Grime of Wakefield's home. Robin is furious to hear that a father would treat his own daughter that way and so is George, who is about to storm over to the place and give Grime a piece of his mind. Robin, however, stops George from doing so for he has a better idea, but first he has the townspeople and his Merry Men keep the party going in order to avoid suspicion. He then has George show him the way to Grime's house and brings along Marian, Ivanhoe, and Rowena. As they approach the house, they then notice the two guards, which now makes things more complicated. Marian and Rowena then voluntarily go and distract the guards long enough for Robin and Ivanhoe to sneak up and jump them, and then they sneak into the house. Lucky for them, Grime is asleep, only he has the key so they quietly search him and swipe it. When they unlock the door and enter the room, Bettris rushes into George's arms, but when they try to leave the house, one of them accidentally knocks done something and wakes the old man. As he shouts for the guards, Robin grabs Grime, holds him against the wall, and scolds him for conspiring with enemies of King Richard and for proving himself a disgrace to chivalry. The old wines that he wasn't trying to commit treason but that he was doing it for his daughter's own good. Bettris then says in disbelief that he was doing because he wanted her to marry Bonfield because he is more wealthy than George. Grime then begs for his life, but Robin has no intention of killing him for he is not worth it and decides that he will let King Richard judge him once he returns. So they all leave the house to join the festivities, and leave Grime praying to God to protect him from whatever fate awaits him.

To be continued...

Back to the DLC story, we now see Bonfield and Armstrong returning to the castle and inform Kendall of what has happened in town. Kendall is furious over Mannering's insolence, but when he hears that it was Little John who had done him in, he is so amused that we hear him say, "The great Sir Nicholas Mannering, taken down by a giant." Then Bonfield tells Kendall that Mannering even gave away their plans involving the Sheriff of Nottingham. At first he is disturbed by this, but knowing that Robin and Ivanhoe would have found out sooner or later, he still intends to go on with his plan. However, he has Armstrong double the guard just in case they do try anything before the Sheriff arrives, and he will also send another messenger out in the morning to inform de Wendenal that Mannering is dead, Robin is aware of their plans, and that he is to move quickly to Wakefield and to proceed with extreme caution.
    On the next morning, we see Robin and the others going over what their next move should be now that they know the Sheriff will be coming once he and Prince John receive Kendall's message. One of them suggests that they try to infiltrate Kendall's castle, but Robin knows that they will be expecting that and guards will be on high alert. Another suggests that they send for the rest of the Brotherhood in Sherwood forest, either to try and intercept the Sheriff or come straight to Wakefield. At first Robin isn't sure of this, but then he asks George-a-Greene if there is a pigeon coop in town or something. Lucky for him, George has a private one of his own, one which he uses to send out messages in secret, if necessary. So Robin writes a message, and George lends him one of his pigeons to send it to Sherwood Forest.
    Before we go any further, there's something that came to my mind concerning some of the mythical creatures. I'm starting to have second thoughts about the Dullahan and the Banshee because first of all it's probably going to be difficult to explain the taking of the Dullahan's soul because the Dullahan is already dead and I believe it's more of a ghost than a zombie or the living dead, and second of all, I believe that the Banshee is also probably more from the paranormal world than the supernatural. So just in case these two don't workout, I've decided to put two other Irish mythological creatures on standby; Caoranach the Oillipheist and the Ellen Trechend. Caoranach the Oillipheist is a sea serpent-like monster that dwelled in Loch Dearg, a lake in County Donegal, and was slain by either Saint Patrick or some lesser-known hero named Conan (not "the Barbarian"), and the Ellen Trechend was a three-headed monster that lived in the Cave of Cruachan until it left it and laid waste to the whole of Ireland until it was slain by a warrior poet named Amergin mac Eccit. It is highly debated as to what the Ellen Trechand looked like, although some stories refer to in as some monstrous three-headed bird/vulture. Oh and there's another one I have in mind, Aillen the Burner, a fire-breathing monster that was slain by the hero Fionn mac Cumhaill aka Finn MacCool. Some versions portray Aillen as a man while others portray him as a dragon or a goblin, as for me, I'm probably gonna go with dragon. Also, I've even started thinking about legendary mounts/horses as well, so far I have three in mind; Enbarr, the white (or gray) horse that supposedly belonged to Niamh, the Queen of Tir na nOg (Land of Youth), and Liath Macha and Dub Sainglend, the two chariot horses of Cuchulainn, Ireland's mightiest warrior. Speaking of Cuchulainn, you may have noticed that I mentioned his shield on the previous page, well I also intend to include his sword Cruaidin Catutchenn and his spear Gae Bulga in the game.
    Anyway, back to the DLC story, the pigeon reaches Sherwood long before either of Kendall's messengers do Nottingham, and after the usual routine of passing the message along by arrow, the message is received by Arthur-a-Bland and David of Doncaster whom Robin left in charge of the hideout during his absence. After reading it, the two have the men ready the horses and the all depart as quickly as possible, but they don't arrive in Wakefield until the next day. Meanwhile, Kendall's first messenger arrives in Nottingham on that same day by morning, and the second messenger meets up with the Sheriff and his men along the road also on that same day in the afternoon. The Sheriff doesn't arrive in Wakefield until the day after the rest of the Merry Men did. With him is Sirs Brian de Bois-Guilbert and Maurice de Bracy who brought along a squad of Templar Knights fresh from Templestowe. When our heroes see them, Robin has the others keep out of sight while he sneaks into one of the supply wagons the Sheriff brought along. He plans to sneak into Kendall's castle and listen in to what their enemies are planning.
    When the Sheriff, Bois-Guilbert, and Bracy arrive at the castle, they are greeted by Kendall, Bonfield, and Armstrong. As soon as the wagons are inside the castle, Robin slips out and goes into hiding. Once he sees his chance to get past the guards, Robin then sneaks all the way to Kendall's dining room where he finds all five of them together. When he listens in, he hears them talking about the fate of Mannering and of course laughing about how Robin made a fool of him. Then Kendall gets to the point by asking the Sheriff what would be the best way to deal with Robin and Ivanhoe. Before he gives them an answer, de Wendenal wants to know about George-a-Greene, who seems to intrigue him. Kendall tells the Sheriff all he knows about George, and even brings up the so-called rivalry between him and Bonfield, who knows by now that Bettris had been rescued by George and Robin. Hearing this gives the Sheriff an idea on how to deal with all three of them. Then he asks them if they had seen Marian and Rowena among the outlaws/Assassins, to which Kendall says yes, and then remembers hearing that they were among those who had aided Ivanhoe in helping Robin escape at the tournament in Ashby the year before, which he so asks the Sheriff. By now, the Sheriff knows of the relationship between Robin and Marian, as well as that of Ivanhoe and Rowena. Anyway, his plan is to take Marian, Rowena, and Bettris hostage, and use them to lure Robin, Ivanhoe, and George into a trap. Bonfield, however, asks what if they bring the others with them, to which the Sheriff says they won't because they are men of honor and would do nothing to endanger the lives of those they love. Armstrong then suggests that they capture Jane-a-Barley and her son Edward as well, and use them as a means to gain her husband John's land, that is, when or if the man returns. Seeing that as a bonus, the Sheriff agrees and it is decided that they will put their plan to action upon nightfall. Having heard everything he needs to know, Robin stealthily slips over the castle walls and quietly hurries back into town.
    Meanwhile, right before Robin returns, we see a veteran crusader coming into Wakefield. It is John-a-Barley, Jane's husband, whom has just returned from the Holy Land, and is soon welcomed home by his wife and son. He is also greeted by George-a-Greene and then Ivanhoe, whom he didn't expect to see in Wakefield. John is also surprised to see Robin, who has arrived just in time to see him. The warm and friendly greetings are cut short, however, for Robin informs everyone of what Kendall and the Sheriff have planned for the upcoming night. By now, John-a-Barley has already heard rumors that Robin of Loxley is Robin Hood, and now he knows that they were true. Robin even mentions what they have planned for Jane and Edward, which really angers John. Now there is only one thing to do, set up a trap of their own.
    Now it is nightfall, and we see Sirs Brian de Bois-Guilbert, Maurice de Bracy, and Gilbert Armstrong leading a small band of guards through town. After hitching their horses, the split into two parties; one led by Bois-Guilbert and Armstrong heads for George-a-Greene's home where Bettris, Marian, and Rowena are staying, and the other led by Bracy heads for the a-Barley place. Next we see Bois-Guilbert and Armstrong as they enter the a-Greene place; then as they head for the staircase, we then see Robin, Ivanhoe, George, Will Scarlet, and a few others peeking out from under a trapdoor which leads to an underground cellar. Then after their enemies head upstairs, our heroes emerge from the trapdoor and quietly follow them. As they do so, the enemy party splits into two; Armstrong with one half heads for the main chambers while Bois-Guilbert with the other half goes for the guest room. Robin's party then does the same; he and Ivanhoe take one half and go after Bois-Guilbert, while George and Will with the other half go after Armstrong. Next we see Armstrong's party sneaking into the main chambers, and in the bed the see what they think is George and Bettris sleeping under the covers. But, when Armstrong removes the covers, he finds only sacks of flower or a pile of pillows, after which he and his men hear a voice from behind them, and when they turn around they see George and Will who have just entered the room with their party, all with swords drawn. Meanwhile, we see Bois-Guilbert and his men ending up in the same situation with Robin and Ivanhoe. Realising that they have fallen into a trap, after saying a few words (including finding out that Robin had overheard the whole plan), both Armstrong and Bois-Guilbert's parties soon get into a struggle in an attempt to fight their way out. Then while Bois-Guilbert manages to escape with what men he has left, Armstrong is killed by both Will and George. Only two of Armstrong's men manage to get away, and inform Bois-Guilbert of their leader's death. Meanwhile, Bracy and his men also end up in the same situation at the a-Barley place with another party led by John-a-Barley and Little John. After losing half of his men, Bracy manages to get away with those who are left, and then meets up will Bois-Guilbert before heading back to the castle. Then we see the Assassins and their allies coming out after them, but they soon decide to let them go for now, knowing that they'll probably have another chance at them sooner than later.
    Back at the castle, Kendall, Bonfield, and the Sheriff are shocked to see that their plan had failed and that they lost another compatriot. When Bois-Guilbert tells them that Robin was somehow able to infiltrate the castle and overhear their conversation, the Sheriff guesses that he must have hitched a ride on one of their wagons while they weren't looking. Then when we hear Kendall say, "I told you to be cautious," the Sheriff reminds him that he also told him to bring supplies, which means he is also at fault. They decide to call it a night for time being and wait until morning to come up with a new strategy.
    On the next morning, we see Robin sharpening his sword when he is approached by John-a-Barley. He says that he heard from George that Robin asked him to join his band, and then asks if he can join as well. Robin is glad that he asked but is then shows concern about what his wife and son think of this. Jane suddenly comes over and assures him that she's alright with it, and offers her services as well. Robin then says that he would be honored, but he also tells them that if they wish to go with him and the others back to Sherwood Forest, their son Edward will have to come along as well, which they are willing to accept for they are sure he'll be safe there. Meanwhile, back at the castle we see Kendall, the Sheriff, and the other Templars going over their next strategy. The Sheriff suggests that they send for Sir Lachlan and his men, for Bracy to fetch his lieutenant Winkelbrand and their Free Lancers, and what other forces they can gather and crush Robin and his Brotherhood. He seems to believe that they'll have better chance at doing so since Robin doesn't have a whole army with him like he did at Torquilstone Castle, but Bonfield reminds him that the Brotherhood has the whole town of Wakefield on their side. This being the case, the Sheriff decides that they will have to think of a way to turn the townsfolk against the Brotherhood. He then remembers that George-a-Greene is pinder, and comes up with a plan to frame him for stealing someone's livestock. He figures that since it is rumored that George is planning to join Robin and his Merry Men, they'll use this crime to make the people think that they are in cahoots and then start to lose faith in the men of Sherwood Forest. He then asks Kendall if there is anyone among the townsfolk who can assist them in this scheme, and Kendall says that he knows just the man who can do just that, Clim the Sow Gelder. In the play Clim is a ghost-character who happens to be the rival of Jenkin, a men who works for George-a-Greene, with whom he competes over the affections of a woman, Madge the Sousewife. In my idea, however, Clim is a local butcher who is known for spaying pigs, for which he has earned his epithet, but in secret does jobs for Kendall and Bonfield. He has many friends among the townspeople, but none of them know of his link to Kendall and Bonfield, that is except for his associates. So the Sheriff and Kendall send Bonfield to fetch Clim, and the last thing we see is Bonfield entering the local butcher shop.

To be continued...

When last we left the DLC story, we saw Lord Charnel Bonfield entering the local butcher shop, but anyway on the next day we see Robin in bed at the local inn when he hears some sort of cumosion going on outside. He looks out the window and he sees a mob of townspeople in the town square pulling George-a-Greene towards a noose. With them are Bettris and Woodroffe, the local justice, who are trying to stop them. Also with them is Clim the Sow Gelder, who seems to be leading the mob. Robin then grabs his bow and arrows and calls out to the others as he heads outside. By the time he gets there, George already has a rope around his neck and is being pulled up by two men, so he shoots the rope, saving George's life, and then demands to know what is going on. Woodroffe tells him that George is being accused of hog theft and that some of Clim's hogs were found on his property. After Robin asks George if he knew anything about it, to which George says he doesn't, he then asks if there is any other proof. Clim then brings up the rumors about George joining Robin and his Merry Men, and then Woodroffe asks if the rumors are true. When Robin says they are true, Clim then starts accusing Robin and his Merry Men of being a part of the theft, but Robin says that George won't be doing so until the Feast of Michaelmas when his contract is up, which is months away. Then, to Clim's surprise, Woodruffe says that even if George is joining Robin and his men, it can't be used as evidence against him or against Robin for that matter. When Clim demands an explanation, Woodroffe says he knows that Robin has a reputation of only robbing from the rich, that is those of the rich who have betrayed their beloved King Richard by swearing loyalty to the usurper Prince John, and to Clim's shock, all the rest of the townspeople agree, except for his associates. George, however, is still to be taken to jail, so Robin asks Woodruffe to give him at least a few days to prove George's innocence, which Woodroffe willingly grants him. As for Clim, we see him and his associates leaving the scene. Robin is somewhat suspicious of Clim, but he's not the only one, for Bettris' father Grime is suspicious as well. This being the case, he follows them and watches as they meet up with Bonfield who had been watching from the shadows. When they ride off for the castle, Grime decides to investigate, by now he no longer supports Kendall and Bonfield after hearing that they attempted to use his daughter, along with Marian and Rowena, as bait to lure George, Robin, and the others into a death trap, and now he wants to redeem himself by lending a hand. Luckily, he is able to fool the guards into thinking that he is still supporting their masters, and when he sees Bonfield and Clim, he quietly follows them all the way to the dining room. We then see the Sheriff infuriated for he was sure that the plan would work, but Kendall apologises for he had forgotten to mention that Woodroffe was loyal the King Richard. This being the case, the Sheriff then suggests that they have Clim and his associates do another job for them. He wants them to disguise themselves as some of Robin's men and steal someone else's livestock on the following night, and he recommends Justice Woodroffe as the target. They all agree, but little do they know that Grime is listening in. The old man then slips away once he's heard enough.
    Meanwhile, Robin, who is suspicious of Clim (as I said before), decides to go to the butcher shop to find out where his loyalties lie. Lucky for him, the shop is empty which gives him the chance he needs to search the place. He searches every nook and cranny until he finds a journal in which Clim keeps track of all the secret tasks Kendall and Bonfield have him perform. The words are all written in pig's blood instead of ink and Robin finds that one of the tasks was to frame George and to get the townspeople to lose faith in the men of Sherwood Forest. Having found what he is looking for, Robin slips out of the butcher shop and heads back to the inn. When he shows it to the others, they all suggest that he show it to Justice Woodroffe, but Robin says that they should have more proof first. Then we hear a voice say that he can arrange that, and there stands Grime of Wakefield. Little John demands to know how he can help them and Grime says that he knows what the Sheriff's next plan is. Robin is not sure whether they can trust him, but Grime explains that he no longer supports Kendall and Bonfield since they tried to kidnap his daughter and use her, along with Marian and Rowena, as bait to lure him, Ivanhoe, and George into a death trap, and that he wishes to redeem himself. Bettris then asks Robin to at least listen to him for her sake and George's, and Marian suggests the same. Knowing wouldn't hurt just to hear him out, Robin decides to listen and Grime tells them of what the Templars plan to do on the coming night. After hearing the whole plan, Robin decides that they will go to Woodroffe's place first and wait there for Clim and his associates to arrive and catch them in the act. The others are still not sure whether they can trust Grime or not, so Robin asks him to accompany them, which he does willingly for he can show them where they can find Woodroffe's stock pen.
    They wait until sunset, and then go to Woodroffe's home and then spread out into different directions in order to surround the stock pen. Some hide in the stable while the rest hide in other places. Once it is nightfall, it is not long before they soon see nearly half-a-dozen hooded riders wearing the Lincoln Green approaching the stock pen. As they are about to open it, Robin gives the signal and everyone comes out of hiding with bows and arrows at the ready. Then Robin calls out for Woodroffe, who soon comes out to see what's going on. We then hear the justice say, "What is the meaning of this" and Robin walks over to one of the riders, pulls him down, and removes his hood, revealing him to be Clim the Sow Gelder. He then explains that Clim had framed George-a-Greene and even shows him the journal as proof. Clim says that Robin is lying, but Grime comes forward and tells Woodroffe everything he heard back at the castle confirming Robin's story. One of Clim's men even speaks out and confirms the story as well, at which we hear him growse. Woodroffe actually believes them because Clim is the only man he knows who would write things down with pig's blood instead of ink. Woodroffe is also shocked to see in the journal that Clim had framed a number of other people aside from George, and now thanks to him a lot of innocent people are rotting Kendall's dungeon. When he demands to know why he did all these terrible deeds, Robin then shows a Templar cross around his neck which was hidden under his shirt. After revealing the identities of the other riders, the Assassins bind them along with Clim, and Woodroffe gives Robin the keys to George's cell. He even lets them do the honors of locking Clim and his associates up for the night. Before doing so, Robin thanks Grime for his help and tells him that he has completely redeemed himself. Grime assures Robin that from now on he shall support the Assassin Brotherhood in any way that he can. As they escort the prisoners, Robin and Woodroffe discuss what their next move will be.
    At Justice Woodroffe's jail, Robin releases George from his cell and has the other through Clim and his men inside it. As Bettris wraps her arms around him, Robin, Woodroffe, and Grime explain everything to George and even show him the journal. They also tell him their next move, which is to show the townspeople Clim for what he really is before having him and his men stand trial.
    On the next morning, we see all the townspeople gathered in the square and Woodroffe, along with Robin and George, approaching them. He announces that George has been proven innocent and then has Little John and the others bring out the prisoners. Robin then tells them that Clim had been working for Kendall and Bonfield all along, and had framed many other people in Wakefield as well. At first the crowd finds it hard to believe that Clim would betray his own friends, but when Robin reveals the Templar cross around Clim's neck and has John-a-Barley show them his journal, that changes. Now they are outraged at Clim's betrayal and demand for Woodroffe to hand him and his cohorts over to them, but Woodroffe says that they will stand trial and then they will hang. Meanwhile, Clim manages to cut himself loose with a dagger he had hidden under his sleeve, and fearing for his life, he runs to the nearest horse and attempts to ride out of town, but before he can, George-a-Greene grabs a knife from one of the Merry Men and tosses it into Clim's back. After he falls off the saddle, Clim slowly gets back on his feet and charges at George with the dagger his hand, but Little John intervenes and stabs the Sow Gelder with his above-the-wrist hidden blade. Once everyone is calm, Robin then explains that the framing of George was the Sheriff's idea and that he was using it as a means to get all the people of Wakefield to lose faith in the men of Sherwood Forest. Now the townspeople want to give the Sheriff an answer, so they take Clim's body, tie it onto a horse, and send it back to the castle with a sign on it that says "We will never lose faith." Then we hear George ask Robin what they should do with Clim's comrades. Robin turns to the one who spoke up against Clim and asks for his name, to which he answers Thomas of the Green Vale. And when Robin asks why he spoke up against his leader, Thomas says that he was actually against Clim from the start and that he was forced to work with him by Kendall. He then says that it all started weeks ago when his younger sister Emily stole food from one of Kendall's supply wagons, and when she was caught and sentenced to life in Kendall's dungeon, Thomas did everything he could to get Kendall to release her, but Kendall only agreed to do so if he assisted Clim in his secret jobs, and he said that he'd kill Emily if Thomas tried anything to foil their plans. Robin understands his predicament, and when asks Thomas why he spoke then if that was the case, he says that was because by now he realized that Kendall would never live up to his part of the bargain and also because he knew that Robin could help him rescue his sister, for he had heard a lot about Robin and his great deeds, for which he earned Thomas' admiration. When he asks Robin if he will help, George says that he knows Thomas and that his story is true, and also begs Robin to consider helping him. After a little thought, Robin agrees to help Thomas rescue his sister, but only on one condition, which is for him to join his band of Merry Men. Thomas is overjoyed by this, and agrees to do so, for he had always hoped that this would happen one day. Then Robin turns to the rest of Clim's cohorts and asks them if they will join as well, and they decide to do so since it's better than waiting for the noose, plus they never really liked Clim anyway, or even Kendall for that matter. So the six men are released from their bonds and Robin invites them to breakfast.
    Meanwhile, we see the horse with Clim's body trotting towards the castle. The gates are opened and a guard brings the horse and corpse inside. When the Sheriff, Kendall, and Bonfield come out to see what's going on, they can't believe their eyes, for they had doubled the guard to make sure that neither or anyone else could infiltrate the castle again. One of the guards then remembers that Grime of Wakefield paid a visit and Kendall demands to know why he and the others were not informed of that. The guard says he thought Grime was going to announce himself since he was on their side. Bonfield finds it hard to believe that Grime would betray them, but the Sheriff claims that he would considering they tried to use Grime's daughter as bait for a death trap. Both Kendall and the Sheriff decide that all they can do now is wait for Sir Lachlan Maclean-de Corzon, Lord Giles de Mauleverer, Sir Louis Winkelbrand, and Sir Ralph de Vipont, whom they had sent messengers for last night, to arrive with their reinforcements. Bonfield, however, has lost patience, for he still wants Bettris for himself, and decides to take matters into his own hands. He then secretly sends out two of his own messenger for a group of mercenaries who are under his employ, which not even Kendall knows about.

To be continued...

Now back to the DLC story, it is now the next day and it is February 2nd, which means it is Candlemas, also known as the Feast of the Presentation of Jesus Christ and the Feast of the Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Robin and the others are helping the people of Wakefield prepare for the annual festival, when suddenly we see Bonfield's secret band of mercenaries riding into town and starting up a commotion. Robin calls to his men with a blow of his horn, and they all rush into battle. As the fight rages on, we then see Bonfield himself coming into town. Little do our heroes know that the mercenaries are only a diversion to keep them all busy so that Bonfield can apprehend Bettris while they're not looking. Back at the castle, we see the Sheriff, Kendall, and Bois-Guilbert in the dining room when Bracy rushes in and informs them of what is happening in town. He even tells them that he tried to stop Bonfield but he wouldn't listen for he is determined to get his hands on Bettris. Kendall and the Sheriff are aggravated by this and all for of them rush to the castle wall to see what's going on. When they see all those mercenaries neither of them can believe their eyes, for as I said before, not even Kendall knew about them, as he says so himself.
    Meanwhile, back in town, we suddenly see Bettris coming out to see what's all the racket, and when Bonfield sees her, he rushes over and grabs her. Both George and Robin can hear her screaming as Bonfield forces her onto his horse. Then he calls off the mercenaries, and instead of riding out ahead of them, he lets them go first as he boasts and gloats at George saying that he had won, or something like that. This, however, what prove to be a fatal mistake on his part, for as he rides away Robin runs after him and Bettris, and once they reach the outside of town Robin stops, takes aim with his bow, and shoots an arrow into Bonfield's back. Bonfield shouts before he goes down, which gets the attention of his mercenaries, and after he falls off the saddle, they see it was Robin who did it. Now seeing that the stories about him being the greatest archer in all of England and that he truly never misses, the mercenaries all ride off in another direction instead of the castle. Bonfield, who is still alive, calls for them to come back and even curses them for cowards. We even see the Sheriff, Kendall, Bois-Guilbert, and Bracy doing the same as they see them running. Robin then rushes over along with George, who had arrive just in time to see Bonfield fall, and help Bettris off the horse. As they head back to town, we hear Bonfield whining and begging for Bettris to come back nonstop, and he even cries out for Kendall and the Sheriff to stop them. Bois-Guilbert asks he should have the men open fire on them but Kendall tells him not to and instead have two bring Bonfield back into the castle.
    When he and the other two return to the square, Robin wonders where those mercenaries came from and George believes that Bonfield must've had them at his disposal. Then after he hears Robin say "Some reinforcements they turned out to be," Thomas of the Green Vale comes over and tells him that just remembered hearing about the Sheriff and Kendall sending messengers out to some of their compatriots, asking them to bring reinforcements, on the same night they sent him, Clim, and the others out to frame Robin and his Brotherhood. He also tells him who these compatriots are and that they should be arriving within a few days. He even says that he would've told Robin the day before but he was so overjoyed to become a member of the Merry Men that he forgot. Robin then turns to Grime of Wakefield and asks why he didn't say anything, and he says that he didn't hear anything about it and that they must've brought it up after he left the castle. Both men apologize for their mistakes, but Robin assures them that there's still plenty of time for them to plan their next move before those relief forces arrive. So Robin and some of the others (Ivanhoe, Marian, George, Grime, Bettris, Thomas, Woodroffe, Rowena, Scarlet, and Tuck) head back to George's home while the rest stay behind and help clean up the mess and continue with the preparations.
    Back at the castle, we see the Sheriff and Kendall talking to the surgeon about Bonfield's condition, and the surgeon says that he's done for. Both Kendall and the Sheriff are not at all surprised for they know that when Robin shoots to kill, no one survives for he never misses his mark. Then when they speak to Bonfield, Kendall scolds the man, for he had warned him not to underestimate Robin and his men. Bonfield begs for forgiveness and tries to justify his actions, but Kendall says his excuses won't do him any good and that now because of his foolishness, he's finished. Bonfield claims that he will not die but Kendall tells him that Robin's arrow hit him somewhere vital, and reminds him that Robin Hood never misses when he shoots to kill. Then Bonfield is about to tell Kendall that he saw Thomas of the Green Vale among Robin's men, but before he can say his name he expires. Instead of coming up with a new plan, the Sheriff and Kendall decide to continue waiting for their reinforcements to arrive and continue preparing for Candlemas.
    Meanwhile, at George's place, Robin and the others are planning their next move. Robin says they could do as the Greeks did at Troy, but he doesn't know what they can use as a Trojan Horse. Then Grime remembers something and tells Robin that over a week ago, Kendall had ordered a shipment of wine all the way from London to celebrate Candlemas, and that it's due to arrive by nightfall. Thomas says that he knows the perfect spot where they can wait in ambush not far from town, and it is decided that they will wait until sunset to set up their trap, and in the meantime enjoy the festivities.
    Now the festival has begun, the activities include an archery contest, an arm wrestling contest, etc. It continues all day, and when the sun sets, Robin and a number of others head out about a mile away from town as Thomas leads them to a patch of woods near the road. It is not long before they spot three wagon loaded with barrels of wine coming down the road. Once the wagons are right in front of the trees, Robin and the others spring out and subdue the drivers. After their tied up, Robin has three of his men take their clothes and put them on so they can pose as drivers themselves, and then they take two wine barrels from each wagon and replace them with empty ones which Robin and five others, including Thomas, George, and Much, the Miller's Son, climb into. Before they leave, Robin is given a special drug which I will explain later.
    Later, when they arrive at the castle, the barrels are unloaded from wagons and taken to a wine cellar which is not far from the castle dungeon. Kendall suggests that they inspect both the barrels and the wagons, but the Sheriff tells him that it won't be necessary because he knows that not even Robin Hood is foolhardy enough to try the same trick twice (that is until now). Once all the barrels are unloaded and the guards are out of sight, the imposter drivers open the empty barrels and let Robin and the others out. Then they take the special drug and pour it into each barrel. The purpose of this drug is to knock out everyone inside the castle, and also to take the fight out of them even if they awaken. That way they can easily take the castle with a little more stealth. When they are finished drugging the wine, Robin and his companions quietly make for the dungeon. As soon as they get there, they take out any guards that are left behind and release the prisoners. Among them, Thomas finds his sister Emily who is so happy to see him that she gives him a warm embrace. He introduces her to Robin, whom she seems to equally admire, and even tells her that he is now part of Robins band. When she asks if she can join as well, Robin says he'll see what he can do. She's even glad to see George, whom she also embraces, and then asks if he's also a member of the Merry Men now, to which he says that he will be after he his contract is up by Michaelmas. Thomas even tells her that John-a-Barley has come home, and that he and his family have also joined up with Robin, and also that Mannering, Armstrong, Clim, and Bonfield are all dead, to which she is glad to hear, although she had heard rumors about Mannering and Armstrong. Once the conversation is over, Robin informs all the prisoners of their plan, and that they will wait in the dungeon until after midnight when all the guards and Templars are out.
    Now it's a few hours later and everything is quiet. We can see everyone in the castle is either asleep or out cold, including Kendall, the Sheriff, Bois-Guilbert, and Bracy. The only ones left standing now are a few sentries on the castle walls. Seeing their chance, Robin and the others emerge from the dungeon and head for the main gate. First Robin and a few others take out all the sentries and then George and the rest start opening the gate. Outside at the edge of the town, we see Ivanhoe and Little John waiting for Robin to give the signal. Instead of use his horn, Robin shoots off a fire-arrow as a signal, and once they see it, Ivanhoe and Little John give a shout and all the Merry Men and townspeople emerge from the town and silently rush in through the gate. They start either killing or subduing any guard or Templar Knight they see, but one wakes up and rings an alarm bell. It doesn't do any good, however, because the drug that was put in the wine has other side effects. It causes some sort of hangover that makes them either see double or makes it difficult for them to focus so they can't put up much of a fight.
    Back in the dining hall, we see the Sheriff, Kendall, Bois-Guilbert, and Bracy waking up to the sound of the alarm outside. Although they do feel funny in the head, their condition is not as serious as that of the guards because they didn't drink as much as they did (of course they still drank enough for them to pass out). Kendall goes to a nearby window and looks out into the courtyard to see what's going on. When he tells the Sheriff that none of their men are making much of an effort in fighting their enemies, the Sheriff suspiciously checks the wine and finds out that it was drugged. Then when Kendall demands to know how this happened, the Sheriff thinks hard and then we hear him say "those damn Greeks." At first Kendall is confused but he soon figures out what he means and realizes that the wine wagons were a Trojan Horse, and we even hear him tell the Sheriff "I told you we should've checked those wagons." After he asks what they do now, the Sheriff says the only thing they can do is flee from Wakefield, for their little campaign is lost, and Kendall reluctantly agrees. Since there are no secret passageways, the only way for them to escape is to fetch some horses from the stable and try to make a break for it through the main gate.
    Next we see Robin calling down from the castle wall to Ivanhoe and Little John, asking if they found any sign of the four ringleaders. Then after hearing them say they haven't, Robin suddenly spots them riding across the courtyard on horseback, and then gives the order to try and stop them. The Sheriff, Bois-Guilbert, and Bracy are able to make it through a barrage of arrows, while Kendall's horse gets hit by one and falls dead, sending Kendall himself flying. In spite of losing his horse, the desperate earl keeps running while pleading for the Sheriff to wait for him. He's so busy running and pleading that he doesn't notice Robin on the castle getting ready to pounce. When he sees what Robin is about to do, Ivanhoe tells the others to hold their fire. Once Kendall is right below him, Robin jumps down on him from above and stabs him with his hidden blade, ending his life. When the Sheriff and the two Templar Knights realize that Kendall is not with them, they stop and look back at the castle, only to see Kendall lying dead at the main gate and Robin standing right over him with blood dripping from his hidden blade. Robin is soon joined by George, Ivanhoe, Little John, and a number of others, and they watch as the Sheriff and his compatriots ride off in defeat. But soon they stop again, and the Sheriff says they'll have to split up and call off the reinforcements. Bois-Guilbert and Bracy object to this and say that they retake the town when they arrive, but Wendenal says to do so would only be a waste of manpower. So he has Bracy go warn Winkelbrand and Bois-Guilbert warn Lord Giles, while he goes to warn Sir Lachlan and Vipont, after which they'll meet back in Nottingham.
    After seeing them split up, Robin figures out exactly where they're going, so he and a few others go after them to see if they will bring in the reinforcements or call them off. He and Ivanhoe go after the Sheriff while Little John and George go after Bois-Guilbert and Will Scarlet and Wat o' the Crabstaff go after Bracy. First we see Robin and Ivanhoe find the Sheriff talking to Sir Lachlan, who is leading a number of Templar Knights and men-at-arms, and Vipont, who is leading many Knights Hospitalier. They sneak into some nearby bushes and overhear the Sheriff telling the both of them to head home for Wakefield is lost. Sir Lachlan objects for the same reason Bois-Guilbert and Bracy did, but Vipont convinces him that they can't afford to try and retake Wakefield because he agrees with the Sheriff that they'd only be wasting precious manpower. So with that, Sir Lachlan and Vipont turn their forces back, while Wendenal heads back for Nottingham. Feeling relieved, Robin and Ivanhoe head back to Wakefield. Next we see Little John and George find Bois-Guilbert telling Lord Giles of what has happened in Wakefield and that he must turn back, for trying to take the town back would be a waste of strength. Lord Giles agrees (and also says that it would even be a waste of time) and turns his men around while Bois-Guilbert heads back to Nottingham. Satisfied with the outcome, Little John and George head back to Wakefield. Finally, we see Will and Wat find Bracy informing his lieutenant Winkelbrand that their compatriots in Wakefield have fallen and that it's not worth wasting strength just to take the town back, so he is to turn back and continue recruiting more men into the Free Lancers. Winkelbrand obeys his captain and heads back to base while Bracy heads back to Nottingham. Overjoyed, Will and Wat head back to Wakefield.
    When they return to Wakefield, our heroes inform everyone in town that all the relief forces have turned back and that it's all over. To this everyone cheers, all except for the prisoners whom they send packing just like they did at Torquilstone Castle. Next we see the whole town celebrating their victory, and with the wine that they took from the shipment. George gives a toast to Robin and his Merry Men, while Robin gives a toast to him and his son Wiley, Justice Woodroffe, Bettris and Grime of Wakefield, Emily and Thomas of the Green Vale, the a-Barleys, and of course to King Richard and his safe return. Meanwhile, back in Nottingham, the Sheriff, Bois-Guilbert, and Bracy inform Prince John of what happened in Wakefield and that relief forces had to be turned back. The prince is quite disturbed to hear that more of his followers had fallen, but demands to know why the forces were turned back when they could've been used to take back Wakefield or had them wait in ambush for when Robin and his Brotherhood left. The Sheriff explains that to try to take the town back would've been a waist of both time and strength, and that waiting in ambush would be useless for Robin and his men would take to the woods instead of taking the road. When the prince is about to criticize the three men, Baron Waldemar assures him that they made the right decision, especially since it would also take time to replace Kendall. He then says that they for now they must focus on doing away with Robin Hood and Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe, and take care of Wakefield later. The Sheriff says they can start by raising the reward on Robin's head and that of Ivanhoe, like double them, to which Prince John agrees.
    Back at Wakefield, it is the following day and we see Robin and the others about ready to leave, with them are the a-Barleys, Thomas and Emily of the Green Vale (who are riding double), and the other five recruits. George, Bettris, Grime, and Woodroffe, along with the rest of the townspeople, come out to bid them farewell. George promises Robin that he will send him a letter by pigeon to let him know when he and Bettris are coming to join him and his Brotherhood, and says that he'll send someone to guide them to the hideout. With that, Robin blows his horn and off they ride. The townspeople all wave them goodbye and watch as our heroes ride into the woods. And that concludes this DLC.

To be continued...