What's the matter with you Ubisoft? Same exact problem here. I have tried literally everything. Tried all the mentioned methods, nothing works. Still stuck at the stupid artifact screen saying press space. Is this ever going to get fixed? I have played this game through before with the same exact install and it worked fine. Never had this problem and have not changed any of the settings (before trying a bunch of stuff to try and fix your problem).
    This is a GAME BREAKING bug. You can't continue the game once you have it. Please please fix this!!

Edit 1: What kind of ****** finds a fix then complains about the devs not helping people yet he didn't post said fix?

Edit 2: I'm not sure which of these fixed my problem so I'll just post both.
    I changed the game to windowed fullscreen mode. I also did NOT open the toy chest until after the artifact tutorial was over. I have DLC that added to my artifacts, so I made a new game and completely ignored the chest.
    It worked and I got past the stupid tutorial. Hope this helps someone.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Orion's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by SisterUlicia Go to original post
    I'm not sure which of these fixed my problem so I'll just post both.
    I changed the game to windowed fullscreen mode. I also did NOT open the toy chest until after the artifact tutorial was over. I have DLC that added to my artifacts, so I made a new game and completely ignored the chest.
    It worked and I got past the stupid tutorial. Hope this helps someone.
    Hey there.

Thanks for sharing this with us and I'm glad your issue is now resolved.

This is still an issue?

I just bought the 79.99 dollar version of this game to play it for an hour and encounter a game breaking bug. i run over to google to see if there is a fix and absolutely nothing is working. How is this even possible? How do you guys have a game thats out this long and still have this issue? i have ZERO back ground apps running i have done everything with the overlay. how do you even disable the overlay? you guys need to figure this issue out this is beyond stupid...

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by loganallan10 Go to original post
    I had to write a workaround for this by myself, thanks for nothing Ubisoft! When players have to do the work of DEVS on a 2+year old game that should have been patched ages ago. This bug seems to have been prevalent since launch and some players are still waiting for a fix!
    If you have been able to find a workaround for this issue, could you please share it?

Originally Posted by A0-Casper-0A Go to original post
    Can you tell me how you wrote a workaround? I'm stuck the exact same way you are and nothing seems to get it to work.
    Originally Posted by jeffsx24 Go to original post
    im having the same issue tried the overlay nothing works would love to see a fix for this or at the least anyone who has a workaround helping others who have this problem
    I'm sorry to hear that you are both affected by this issue. Are you able to provide a video showing the issue, and also tell me the exact reproduction steps you follow for this issue to occur?

Originally Posted by woshidazhongma Go to original post
    Hello, I've been having problems with the fractured but whole and I'd like my money back from either you or the monkeys in Ubisoft, please. Let me try to explain the problem so at least you'll know why you deserve this following language. I bought the two south park games as a bundle in November of 2019 and the stick of truth ran just fine and I was able to finish it. The fractured but whole ran fine initially but I didn't finish it. there were no problems until now. I tried to pick up the fractured but whole game again today on May 8th, 2020, and I started a replay from the start. I found myself stuck at the artifact slot, and no, it is not a slightly difficult mission that I can't pass, it is an intrinsically corrupted file. Don't believe me? Look online. ......... here's a little more detail on the bug from my special personal experience: when I return to Eric Cartman in the game to obtain my very first aforementioned "artifact" to slot in my in-game character, I have an in-game tutorial message popped up on the top of my screen preventing me from doing anything else other than slotting the artifact. but to my utterly unnecessarily sarcastic surprise, the artifact slot is locked. As the game continues to instruct me to press my space button to slot the artifact while restricting me to do ANYTHING else except for doing the old ctrl+alt+delete ......... This bug has been reoccurring despite my effort to verify game files, uninstall/reinstall or opening up your pathetic contractually obliged Uplay overlay **** insertion into the game. So in conclusion, I'd very like to have my hard-earned money back in these particularly difficult times, and I sincerely wish that your lives get a little more difficult. ...........
    Hello woshidazhongma. First of all, I have edited your post to remove your inappropriate language and discourse - we are happy to do our best to assist you, and would appreciate your cooperation and civility.

That said, you have provided some useful reproduction steps. Are you able to provide a video showing you running through these, and the issue occurring? Can you also tell me whether you have tested this issue's occurrence across multiple save files?

If seeking a refund, you'd need to go straight to your retailer - we cannot provide a refund or investigate a refund for any purchases not made through our own Ubisoft store.

Originally Posted by tormented_fait Go to original post
    I just bought the 79.99 dollar version of this game to play it for an hour and encounter a game breaking bug. i run over to google to see if there is a fix and absolutely nothing is working. How is this even possible? How do you guys have a game thats out this long and still have this issue? i have ZERO back ground apps running i have done everything with the overlay. how do you even disable the overlay? you guys need to figure this issue out this is beyond stupid...
    Hello tormented_fait! As we have requested of other players in this thread, are you able to provide a video demonstrating this issue in action? Did you already complete all of our recommended PC troubleshooting steps? Did the workaround above from SisterUlicia help you, if you tried it?

Here is our support article for addressing issues with the Uplay PC overlay as well.

Stuck

i also am stuck on the Artifact Tutorial. Played not even 1 hour. All overlay are off. The game just don't give me a point to distribute. That's why it's stuck. I bought this on Uplay...i can't ask for refund. Don't know how.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by sRoxXxoRs Go to original post
    i also am stuck on the Artifact Tutorial. Played not even 1 hour. All overlay are off. The game just don't give me a point to distribute. That's why it's stuck. I bought this on Uplay...i can't ask for refund. Don't know how.
    Hello! I'm sorry to read you are also affected by this issue.

Would it be possible to provide a video of the issue? If this is still affecting players we can forward the video to our devs to see what can be done.

Regarding your refund request, this would need to be discussed with us directly -

Email Support / Live Chat: https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New

Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/

All the best!