"Ubisoft Service is currently unavailable."

Basically I bought Rainbow Six Siege from Steam yesterday, and I have been trying to play it, but when I try to log in Uplay it says "A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable. You can try again later or switch to offline mode.". I googled this problem and found a forum thread that is 2 months old from a player that had the same problem as me. A Ubisoft Support Staff member told him to "disable IPV6 protocols in Windows Network Settings: Press Win+R > ncpa.cpl > Right click on Wi-Fi > Properties > Uncheck Internet Protocol, Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) > OK" and it worked for him, but sadly it didn't work for me. Can somebody please help me?

Here's the forum thread: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...lease-HELP-UBI

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello ZaggieZag, welcome to the Ubisoft Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this error, and that the workaround to disable IPv6 has not resolved the issue for you.

Did you yet try the steps in our full connectivity troubleshooting guide for Uplay PC? If not, please give these a try, as they're the first steps we'd recommend in any case involving a connectivity issue to address basic / common issues.

Can you also tell me if this has only started happening since you purchased Rainbow Six Siege, or if the issue was present before then?
     1 people found this helpful

Thank you.

I completed 2 steps of the connectivity issues and it finally worked. Thank you very much.

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    That's what we like to hear! Don't hesitate to reply here if you need any further assistance with logging into Uplay PC.

Enjoy Rainbow Six Siege!