The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member

Drones ruin the game.

Like the title says, I feel like drones ruin this game for me.

I also understand that this game pretty much revolves around drones so I know they aren't going anywhere.

I can deal with the big slower looking drones, they take the place of tanks, so as long as they aren't too spongey they're fine, a couple rockets should take out a car sized one.

The main, most annoying complaint I have is the smaller, flying, agile drones. I waa trying to kill 3 of them that were moving around in a group for a mission, each of them took 10 or more shots to kill and aren't exactly easy to hit.

I put my controller down at one point and stayed behind xover and sent a few texts out just to keep from getting too frustrated.

I'm fine with these flying drones as far as the role they play in flanking and getting around the cover you're using, but the damage they take needs to be more realistic, one of the smallest type of flying drones should take 1 or 2 shots, tops.

The bigger flying drones (which looked to be 3 foot squared in size) should only take around 5 hits to down.

Drones also ruin the stealth aspect of the game.

I turned the game on yesterday and I was still at a spot that me and a friend died at due to flying drones the night before, I walked about 10 feet and turned the game off, it's just not fun. It feels so much like Division it's hilarious.

I talked to my friend that was playing with me later on and he did the exact same thing earlier in the day lol

TLDR: The new "Ghost Mode" they're working on needs to bring drone health way down, drones are annoying to fight, not fun.
     4 people found this helpful

lesh-1's Avatar Senior Member
    After I went on a RAID, these robots stopped bothering me. If you don't like drones go on a RAID and you'll start liking them

Originally Posted by lesh-1 Go to original post
    After I went on a RAID, these robots stopped bothering me. If you don't like drones go on a RAID and you'll start liking them
    I have zero intention of ever playing the raid, me and my friend logged on the other day and seen the update info/graphic after you load into the game and we just sighed and laughed.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    I have zero intention of ever playing the raid, me and my friend logged on the other day and seen the update info/graphic after you load into the game and we just sighed and laughed.
    Simply after as you will see first RAID boss your claims to what need many times to shoot in flying drone will disappear themselves.

They need to decrease the erractic movements, lower the damage to players and increase damage to drones from player weapons.
     1 people found this helpful

Simply after as you will see first RAID boss your claims to what need many times to shoot in flying drone will disappear themselves.
    The raid is a separate issue, that's where the game went full MMO looter shooter.

It doesn't change the fact that the base game needs their drone health tuned for the more realistic mode they are working on.

Originally Posted by Slarlac249 Go to original post
    They need to decrease the erractic movements, lower the damage to players and increase damage to drones from player weapons.
    +1

Absolutely.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    The raid is a separate issue, that's where the game went full MMO looter shooter.

It doesn't change the fact that the base game needs their drone health tuned for the more realistic mode they are working on.
    I think if they make a realistic mode it will work as Tier 1 in the Wildlands. That is, the damage for all targets will increase. But I do not even imagine how they will make this regime.

I think if they make a realistic mode it will work as Tier 1 in the Wildlands. That is, the damage for all targets will increase. But I do not even imagine how they will make this regime.
    The new mode is already confirmed to being worked on.

I doubt they'll go with a tier 1 mode, that wasn't much different than the base game in Wildlands, it was the same exact game but with laser beam enemy aim and instant death when hit. That's not a good way to increase difficulty. Less HUD, removal of recon drones and other mechanics that were made to assist players like the mini map would have been a better route to take.

Tier 1 wasn't nearly as good as Ghost Mode in Wildlands in my opinion.

my biggest problem with flying drone is that is almost impossible to clear stealthy a place

maybe remove their ability to find dead bodies