They had a poll and that was one of the top 3 things on the list. But the ai team mates were the most requested so they are doing that first. Maybe you should have checked the ghost recon twitter and your email because they sent a email to almost every Ubisoft member and the poll was made publicly known on the Ghost recon twitter. So that was you time to make you voice heard.
     1 people found this helpful

Slarlac249's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by nick20050 Go to original post
    They had a poll and that was one of the top 3 things on the list. But the ai team mates were the most requested so they are doing that first. Maybe you should have checked the ghost recon twitter and your email because they sent a email to almost every Ubisoft member and the poll was made publicly known on the Ghost recon twitter. So that was you time to make you voice heard.
    fyi i filled in the survey as soon as it was available....smart ***.

i guess i'm one of the few royally pissed gamers, fed up with the state of gaming right now, just about had enough of the industrys bull.......

ubi nailed the name of this game as i've reached my breaking point!!
     2 people found this helpful

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Slarlac249 Go to original post
    Why has no one responded to the massive "offline" thread ?
    The 'massive' thread is mostly the same bunch of people posting over and over.

The survey response made clear (so yes, there has been a response) that it's a popular request, but there are greater priorities to consider and offline play requires more thought from Ubi.

Slarlac249's Avatar Senior Member
    because that's all we can do....duh

in the hope someone actually takes note....and they wonder why the forums are so toxic, when they don't communicate.

i bet the survey was just done because they thought, good that'll satisfy them...maybe they will all shut up.

Originally Posted by SofaJockey Go to original post
    The 'massive' thread is mostly the same bunch of people posting over and over.

The survey response made clear (so yes, there has been a response) that it's a popular request, but there are greater priorities to consider and offline play requires more thought from Ubi.
    In what way did it make it clear? Did you get a copy of the raw data, or are you simply obtuse enough to believe anything Ubi publishes? You don't actually need to answer that, it was rhetorical. Additionally, are you dismissing the actual Petition because it doesn't fit in with your Ubi-Defense? Have you actually looked at the Petition and the number of signatures, or is that against the cheerleading code of conduct? Genuinely curious.
     1 people found this helpful

That thread is massive and the reason why it's alive is thanks to those people.

A lot and I mean A LOT of people have given up on this game so people have come and given up, gone elsewhere.

Even myself, I'm close to giving up on this game as quite simply there's better games out there and I don't have a lot of patience with ubisoft and their low quality game.

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Slarlac249 Go to original post
    I think some don't understand the difference between full online only games and ones with drm masked as a "requirement".

If your on pc, monitor your connection while playing and then come back. Also an online only game doesn't need denuvo.

Watch Dogs 2 launched with online only drm, granted that game's mp component was smaller than this game but still, they tried to use extra drm there.
    Staying in denial about the processes running server side (the command packets take very little connection bandwidth) doesn't really help your case. Some of us keep trying to help you out so that you at least have a realistic expectation of when a change could happen.

Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    Staying in denial about the processes running server side (the command packets take very little connection bandwidth) doesn't really help your case. Some of us keep trying to help you out so that you at least have a realistic expectation of when a change could happen.
    What assets, exactly, do you feel are stored Server-Side that would REQUIRE an always on connection, especially if they are only sending "keep alive" packets to make sure you're connected to the Ubi Servers? I don't see any cloud rendering going on, they are not generating random encounters as I can usually walk up to the same place on the same road any time of day and find the exact same 3 guys and a buggy.

I agree that it would probably take time to excise the Division 2 code they tried to shoe-horn a Ghost recon game into (my opinion, though I would like someone to actually prove me wrong), but honestly the Hub is in itself trash. My offline buddies hang around the table to make it seem like there is a solid reason for an always on connection. There isn't, it's poor game design by a lazy developer and being in denial about THAT doesn't help anyone, either.

Slarlac might not have a background in tech, this is still not a "him" problem, it's an Ubi problem and I feel he has a good reason to be pissed off.

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HellMeat Go to original post
    What assets, exactly, do you feel are stored Server-Side that would REQUIRE an always on connection, especially if they are only sending "keep alive" packets to make sure you're connected to the Ubi Servers? I don't see any cloud rendering going on, they are not generating random encounters as I can usually walk up to the same place on the same road any time of day and find the exact same 3 guys and a buggy.

I agree that it would probably take time to excise the Division 2 code they tried to shoe-horn a Ghost recon game into (my opinion, though I would like someone to actually prove me wrong), but honestly the Hub is in itself trash. My offline buddies hang around the table to make it seem like there is a solid reason for an always on connection. There isn't, it's poor game design by a lazy developer and being in denial about THAT doesn't help anyone, either.

Slarlac might not have a background in tech, this is still not a "him" problem, it's an Ubi problem and I feel he has a good reason to be pissed off.
    They aren't only sending keep alive packets, they are sending control data. Look, I agree that he has a reason to want an offline mode. I support that aim and I think it is too early for the franchise to have made the jump.

However, the game has been designed to enable it to run on Stadia https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game...aming-platform

GAP_Computer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    However, the game has been designed to enable it to run on Stadia https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game...aming-platform
    Also Assassin's Creed Odyssey will be run on stadia and as far as i know isn’t required at always online connection to play offline from Uplay, just saying