Reflex Gaurd when OOS For Everyone

I had an idea to redo the guard system for static and reflex guard heroes. The Idea is to make it so everyone has a static guard until they go out of stamina. Then it switches to a reflex guard to make it easier for your opponent to pressure you. When the game first launched assassin's where given the reflex for balance reasons, now that is no longer the case because static gaurds can do everything that assassins can but 10x safer. So many characters get almost guaranteed damage on you because their follow ups or chain attacks hit you before your guard resets. That's literally a non issue for static gaurds and I would like to see something like this tested out. Plus its completely reasonable for characters that have heavy weapons. When oos it should be harder to hold that huge axe up and having reflex guard would make so much more sense. I understand that this is kind of a wild idea and maybe even a little foolish lol I'm not actually suggesting this be put in now because of how far we are into the games life cycle, but I want to hear you guys thoughts.
     1 people found this helpful

Apparently I cant spell guard properly Lol. Ignore my crappy spelling.

Personally no thanks, I think reflex guard is a relict of the past and assassins should get static guard too.

Originally Posted by Gaser. Go to original post
    Personally no thanks, I think reflex guard is a relict of the past and assassins should get static guard too.
    You’ll probably hate this but I’d like to see what a reflex guard for everyone would look like. I think it could be a clever way to reduce the effectiveness of blocking so you’d have to rely on tougher reactions.

But say we never get that or it’s a bad idea. I would also like reflex guards to be deleted. Everyone should have the same basic guard characteristics. It made a lot more sense when assassins were really good and were the only ones who had access to instant attacks from any stance but now it’s dumb.

If they were to keep it they would need to make all assassins have 400ms lights and static hero’s have 500ms. But the difference between those speeds is so incredible that it’s probably a bad idea as well
     1 people found this helpful

I can't help but feel like they removed the class system over the course of the years.
    Previously, each class had something unique.

But how would you fill the characteristics ijn now per class?

Vanguard :?
    Heavy: ?
    Assassin:?
    Hybrid:?

Assassins means 120 only and reflexguard, with barely any compensation. Some heavies have faster attacks than assassin now, so 130 health and solid guard should be available for everyone.

They haven't outright said it, but yea they've been slowly destroying class identity for awhile now.

My hats off to those dedicated assassin players we still have here. I feel your pain. I wouldn't mind the reflex guard so much right now if it weren't very obviously an outright handicap. My problem with giving assassins reflex guard is, then what? What makes an assassin, an assassin?

Typically assassin classes are super squishy, highly mobile characters that hit a single target very hard. And right now, assassins have 1/3.