joridiculous's Avatar Senior Member

Skills:

Restrict the SKILLS events! It is moronic that a OFF ROAD skill MUST be run with a Hyper car, Formula "1", or Dragster, and occasional Street Race.
    For Escapes: If you drive this with is Supposed vehicle (Raid) You can not even score 100.000 Points. Another Idiotic decision.
    If you manage to drive the required distance you should get A LOT more points than you get now.

For the "orange" slalom: Restrict it to Only Off Road class.
     2 people found this helpful

I agree, it turns it from a competition of skill in a certain vehicle class to a loop hole finding expedition.
     2 people found this helpful

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    And Im inclined to disagree. This would just lower skill ceiling of skills.
    Its not hard to pick a direction and drive away in a forest with RR bike. This particular escape doesnt take a lot of skill with drag car either but its just one bad example.
    With offroad-only lock escapes will become trivial chores, like aerobatics and slaloms. Everyone except undergeared noobs will get similar results +/- 5%.

Cant disagree more.
    All "skills" now are just about using dragster to wall ride your way (and (triggering no traffic glitch) to long distances , street or hyper cars to do slaloms. Air Race planes to do "Acrobatics". It got nothing to do with skills, all about the "right" parts for the wrong discipline.

Makes one wonder why ANY event in the game is restricted to one class. "Everyone except undergeared noobs will get similar results +/- 5%."

All "skills" now are just about using dragster to wall ride your way
    Barely any of them. But if you're fine with looking like a clueless troll by all means keep talking.
    Makes one wonder why ANY event in the game is restricted to one class. "Everyone except undergeared noobs will get similar results +/- 5%."
    Obviously because there is a track. With those things called turns. And different cars with different handling on different terrain, all that stuff.
    But most offroad escapes with RR vehicles is all about picking direction and driving in straight line for as long as you can. Occasionally you'll have to dodge and/or memorize a few rocks, kinda easy task at RR speeds. Even the current summits escape with dragsters and no traffic (I did it with traffic) takes more skill than this.
    The only offroad escape thats not a mindless gas pedal pushing execise with RR is probably great canyon.
    Most escapes however can be approached in multiple ways. The escape near ghost road RX was used in summits before. And you can get a pretty good score with RR or SR bikes in one direction, or HC or AGP in another direction. HC route takes much more skill but potentially gives better results. Normal direction usually ends up better for average players. This is actually really good situation. To take advantaghe of "broken" path you need good gear and great driving skills, else you'll get less than you would get with RR. But yea, lets gimp everything and make the only skill category that currently takes skill (most of the time) just another chore like aerobatics.

All skills should be restricted to their (coloured) class.

It is pointless having "off road" skills when you just drive them with a Dragster or HC/SR/A With Muddy.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the suggestion! I can understand how it may feel a bit silly to have an "Off road" skill but having the option to use a different kind of vehicle outside of that discipline.
    I do agree that limiting to the specific discipline would change the scores drastically and could impact the skill ceiling. I'll make note of this for the team for review. I'm curious to know what other players think. Do you think this is specifically an issue with Escapes? Or all types of skills? Is this more of a problem with cars, or is this also a problem with planes and boats?
     1 people found this helpful

Do you think this is specifically an issue with Escapes? Or all types of skills? Is this more of a problem with cars, or is this also a problem with planes and boats?
    Most other skill types are pretty straighforward.
    Slaloms are almost always better with their "intended" vehicles. Offroad slaloms are better with RR bikes bc maneuverability beats raw speed (SR/HC with "muddy" parts usually beats RR in offroad speed but only in straight line). All slalom scores tend to be very closely packed and mostly influenced by "score breaker" and "skilled" gear instead of drivers skill. Im not suggesting a gear nerf bc players spent hours to get it. Perhaps points decay speed (you get points at each pole, the longer it takes for you to reach it the less points you get, this is points decay Im talking about) should be increased. This way slower runs will result in noticably worse scores.
    There are 2 air skills in the game, both belong to freestyle family and both are always better with pro racing family planes. AB planes are just too slow to be usefill. I dont have any suggestions here. Restricting skills will simply lower everyones scores and make skills easier.
    Finally there is buoy smashing. It can be done with "intended" jetsprint (easiest but gets you less points), powerboat (harder, more points) or hovercraft (somewhere in between). 3 different disciplines from 3 different racing families. Its a good variety and would be a shame to see it go away. The actual problem with this skill (aside from everyone constantly smashing each other in addition to buoys) is summits par score (the ammount of skill points you need to get 100k summit points). Its too low, and low par score means its easy to get near max summit score (155-157k). Because of this I usually use jetsprint (bc its the easiest way), get aprox 30k skill points, this gives me 155k+ summit points. At the same time players with 50k+ skill scores get nearly the same 157k summit score. IMO buoy smashing skills par scores should be increased. 30k skill points should result in aprox 130k summit points, and 50k should give 155k, creating larger gap in summit points.