Jackal, Gadget Rework

This is an outline for how Ubisoft could rework Jackal for a good experience for both Jackal and the player he is hunting. His gadget is why he is banned in higher level play. He can locate enemies for his whole team from safety as opposed to needing a drone to be in line of sight. I put forth the idea that Jackal's gadget will work similarly to how it does now but when he scans a trail left behind by a defender: the prints are easier for him to see and follow while keeping his weapon raised to head level and ready to shoot, while other trails are dimmer until he scans another trail. The gadget would still identify who the tracks belong to but scanning will no longer provide global ping every couple of seconds and the defender will not be notified. Jackal should be a specialized Roamer-Hunter or Attacker Roamer, tasked with protecting his team's flanks. It would be up to Jackal to pursue the trail in stealth until he can eliminate the enemy and use voice chat to relay information on trails to his team. For example: if a trail he sees is red hot and recent, he could tell his nearby teammate to watch that side because someone is close. With his ability no longer creating live pings for his whole team to use and forcing defenders to move or run when they are roaming, he would be less of an annoyance and likely get banned far less than he does now.
    (I do not believe the changes announced for Jackal will have any effect on his ban rate. The effect is the same. People don't like being global pinged from across the map while roaming, it's not fun.)

The point you are missing tho is that already this nerf was too much(and lets be honest your suggestion is an even heavier nerf and probably created because you dont like jackal). He was already underperforming but ubis precious annoyance data said he needed a nerf. Remove his ability to scan and his gadget is hot garbage and utterly useless.
    My suggestion would be to not go roaming when you cant deal with a jackal and leave that to the professionals instead of making suggestions how to ruin this operator further.

Originally Posted by Biggie-_-Cheese Go to original post
    The point you are missing tho is that already this nerf was too much(and lets be honest your suggestion is an even heavier nerf and probably created because you dont like jackal). He was already underperforming but ubis precious annoyance data said he needed a nerf. Remove his ability to scan and his gadget is hot garbage and utterly useless.
    My suggestion would be to not go roaming when you cant deal with a jackal and leave that to the professionals instead of making suggestions how to ruin this operator further.
    Sounds to me more like you are a die hard jackal fan boy who can't stand to see him changed. The proposed changes seem reasonable enough all though a little complicated. This is suppose to be a team based game so making the character require more teamwork instead of just broadcasting information to everyone like it does would be good. This is a change that should be made to a few other operators, mainly lion and finka.

Originally Posted by keeper317 Go to original post
    Sounds to me more like you are a die hard jackal fan boy who can't stand to see him changed. The proposed changes seem reasonable enough all though a little complicated. This is suppose to be a team based game so making the character require more teamwork instead of just broadcasting information to everyone like it does would be good. This is a change that should be made to a few other operators, mainly lion and finka.
    I played jackal a good bit when he came out (out of 2200 hours not even 40 are with jackal) but recently not a bit so ***** please if you dont know what you are talking about just shut up. As for jackal there cant be any "reasonable" nerfs to an ops gadget when its already among the weakest and the op is underperforming. If the gadget was as dominant as yall claim why doesnt that combined with the best attacking loadout translate into a crazy high winrate? The gadget doesnt do more then aiding the roamclear but since you have to drone anyway the resulting time benefit is nearly 0.
    When you die to a jackal track you werent playing it right or would have died anyway.