Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Remove acog and i'll be the happiest man of siege

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Remove acog and i'll be the happiest man of siege
    How do you feel removing all ACOGs would affect the game as a whole?

R-A-Y-T-H-E-O-N's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    How do you feel removing all ACOGs would affect the game as a whole?
    I feel all scopes and weapons should be available to all operators just like the good old days of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield.

It made multi-player loadout diversity hilariously fun at times watching teams full of LMGs Vs each other.

Originally Posted by Pulu. Go to original post
    You have playes 55matches on this year this is what i mean. Its cool that you are diamond, good for you man, never got that myself but end of the day you have play so little in diamond it doesent IMO prove anything. Again if you watch high level of play competive scene (face it and esl) doc and rook are not so good they are not bad in anymeans but far from op.

So you say that Frost is most op operator in game if we watch those stats or that smoke is one of the worst operator in game?

The mp5 is an amazing gun, but almost every gun on offense is better than it. It's an overall good gun with above average stats on everything with an acog, but that doesn't make it OP. Twitch's gun has 980 rpm with 7 more damage than the mp5. The only time you should win a gunfight against a twitch with an mp5 is if you have better aim or outplay her.

Again you only look gun stats, rook and doc doesent really bring utility to team if you compare to example lesion, jäger, bandit, smoke, maestro, echo ect. Example MPX is not so good gun cos Valkyrie has so strong gadget. If you nerf mp5 doc and rook has nothing or then you have to buff p90 maybe.

We have different opinions and exprience its okay, i respect your opinion.
    That does bring up a good discussion tho. Would you be ok with a nerf to the MP5 if they somehow gave doc and rook more utility. I couldnt imagine how without a full rework but the discussion does have merit.

PS not advocating a nerf just asking.

The MP5 is fine how it is.

Originally Posted by SCOTTSON1 Go to original post
    The MP5 is fine how it is.
    *buzzer*
    Incorrect.
    That damn thing has no recoil, and literally only serves as an easy spawnpeekers tool.
    You can't say that's wrong as that's literally the only bloody reason doc and rook ever get picked.

Originally Posted by Gravemind01 Go to original post
    *buzzer*
    Incorrect.
    That damn thing has no recoil, and literally only serves as an easy spawnpeekers tool.
    You can't say that's wrong as that's literally the only bloody reason doc and rook ever get picked.
    *Buzzer*
    Wrong
    I play doc on site. Rook is for spawnpeeks. The mp5 IS fine. It has the second lowest dps of all automatic guns (the other option for rook and doc the p90 being the lowest) so that justifies it having low recoil to make up for that. If you take away the acog or nerf the recoil you would be left with a gun weaker then the mpx in the hands of ops whose utility isnt half as valuable.

Originally Posted by Biggie-_-Cheese Go to original post
    *Buzzer*
    Wrong
    I play doc on site. Rook is for spawnpeeks. The mp5 IS fine. It has the second lowest dps of all automatic guns (the other option for rook and doc the p90 being the lowest) so that justifies it having low recoil to make up for that. If you take away the acog or nerf the recoil you would be left with a gun weaker then the mpx in the hands of ops whose utility isnt half as valuable.
    I mentioned in a comment that I believe the damage would need to be buffed to compensate for the proposed recoil changes.

Doc is objectively the better spawn peaker. Having the best distance headshot weapon in the game on top of the ability to heal yourself after an engagement with no punishment outside of a head shot since you can heal yourself is strong, even at high rank play.

Lets say I'm on consulate, peaking the police line spawn. I only need to look at one spot, one spot, whereas the attacker can be contested from... Well lets count the spots that can see the police line spawn.

Both piano windows, bathroom window, front door, connector window, balcony, run out of visa, office window, and bottom visa window.

So I'm the doc peaking police line, very unlikely I'll be properly contested because there are so many angles the attacker has to contest, and even if they do, I get the opportunity to completely heal myself, while he has to finish the round permanently gimped.

Yes, the dps is low, but the headshot potential and more important, the survivability, is the best in the game.

Pulu.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Temdee. Go to original post
    I mentioned in a comment that I believe the damage would need to be buffed to compensate for the proposed recoil changes.

Doc is objectively the better spawn peaker. Having the best distance headshot weapon in the game on top of the ability to heal yourself after an engagement with no punishment outside of a head shot since you can heal yourself is strong, even at high rank play.

Lets say I'm on consulate, peaking the police line spawn. I only need to look at one spot, one spot, whereas the attacker can be contested from... Well lets count the spots that can see the police line spawn.

Both piano windows, bathroom window, front door, connector window, balcony, run out of visa, office window, and bottom visa window.

So I'm the doc peaking police line, very unlikely I'll be properly contested because there are so many angles the attacker has to contest, and even if they do, I get the opportunity to completely heal myself, while he has to finish the round permanently gimped.

Yes, the dps is low, but the headshot potential and more important, the survivability, is the best in the game.
    Those spawnpeaks are pretty easy to counter or avoid, its your own fault if you try to challange acog operator who is peaking outside and if you know exactly where doc/rook is peaking you can prefire the peaker common thing in siege. You dont have to contest all the angles when you use your drones and get info where enemy is peaking, all you have to do then is avoid that peak if you dont tryst yourself that you can challenge that peak.

Originally Posted by Temdee. Go to original post

The damage would need to be like 38 or so for rook and doc to stay competitive and then people would cry about that high damage.
    Ye well if you wanna play selfish and only for yourself doc is better i guess but rook has passive utility so the team isnt left without any utility from you when you die. Rook is for spawnpeekers who actually care about winning not about their k/d so no rook is objectively better.
    There are so many ways to avoid spawnpeeks so really its your fault if you die to it.