May I add. In my crazy theory. That in order for the game (coding) to keep you playing. Once a build is almost at an optimised state it then stops giving good loot in order for you not to achieve your goal and the go on searching for that final piece.!?!?!.!.!.!,!,!,!,,!!.?.?.?...!!!,
     1 people found this helpful

Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    Lets face it, targeted loot doubled the loot table and at the same time doubled the amount of poor loot.

If you look at players builds you will notice they still stick to the 3 pieces they was looking for before TU6, i.e fenris chest/gloves/kneepads etc etc...so the other 3 pieces are just fodder.

So we have:

• Double the poor loot
    • Poor quality loot
    • Poorly implemented targeted loot (see piccy for a example)

For me the only real quick fix would be to enable 2 x attribute or 1 x talent and 1 x attribute change....or a massive overhaul of the gear/loot.

I thought i would log in to farm some Murakami Industries gear only to find the targeted area was:

Taken over by civilians.....nicely done, very well thought out.

p.s Don't get me started on the purple loot....why oh why

Dude. I sh*t yo not. Have been looking for a murakami holster with more than 10% crit chance for about 3 days. Usual sob story. Following murakami for days etc etc. I've just cleared a control point 4 and would you Adam and Eve it. I bloody murakami ����11 crit chance holster. I take the whole post back. It's fixed... Seriously though. Would trade it for health on a mask over 30 k......

For the last time:

Targeted loot removes 1 layer of RNG. Implemented with TU5 and prior loot/gear structure it was a good idea.

Targeted loot by itself was fine. It wasn't theorycrafted together with the expansion of the brand sets. That was proposed by a different segment that the devs Frankenstein'ed the two ideas. Now instead of playing the game and going through the TU5 loot structure you have some control over the loot you receive.

Regardless, if you understand the way loot works then TU6 loot structure makes it faster to get the build that you want at a 75% optimized state.

Needed - D&H pack.

Ran ten missions of targeted loot for D&H

Result - Got 1 D&H backpack in ten runs. (Didn’t even have the attributes required for my build).

Conclusion - RNG is weighted BS.

Like people have said, why even bother? It’s a colossal waste of time. These idiotic decisions are killing this game.

Remember when you got that exotic you’d been seeking a few months back, then farmed exotic components to upgrade it only to see all your efforts make your upgrade go backwards. Yeah? Probably the same dev doing this with the loot we have now. It’s beyond dumb.

Please for the love of god, get rid of these idiots for the health of the game.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    Not again with this Yoda.

Listen, if such a variable existed, then that means that you, yourself, can manipulate it to work in your favor, and here's why.

Next time you play with someone you think gains the "great loot":

Put on the exact same vanity items on as they are wearing
    Put on the exact same weapons skins they are using
    Put on the exact same combination of emotes they have equipped
    Using the exact same weapons they are using
    Modify your stash so that it's exactly similar in space available, order, and available weapons
    Count how many bullets they shoot throughout an entire mission
    Go behind the same cover that they were behind when they got the kill that rewarded them with the "great loot"
    Roll as many times as they did
    Have the same amount of mods in your stash, in the exact order, with the exact same percentage rolls for each of them

I could keep going and list a bunch of random things, but what you can do is not the point. The point is: you can literally do everything they are doing, because you have the same amount of in-game control as the players you believe are rewarded the most. The above examples are you manipulating the variables! If you don't believe that you do have the same amount of control is true, then I don't know what to tell you.

The only way for those players to be objectively rewarded with better items more than others is if that condition was determined as soon as the game was purchased and some id or unique code string was created, the game server randomly chose that id to experience better loot than other ids, and that id was only available for their account. But that's way too tin foil to be true.
    Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    He is right Yoda!! you just gotta face it, the loot just flat out sucks plain and simple. Sure, some people get better drops but i dont think anyone is getting the high quality drops we all seek. Every now and then something will be ok but most of the dz "studs" are using gear purchased from clan vendors that have never seen daylight outside of those vendors. Thats my beef with it all, its cool and all those vendors had the god rolls but ONLY if they actually drop in the wild as well which doesnt seem to be the case. 30% armor on chest for example, someone please come in here and tell me youve gotten one in the wild, id be willing to bet ITS NEVER HAPPENED for anyone in the game since day 1. I personally have never gotten over 17% and it basically means that as soon as i walk into the DZ door im at a disadvantage because every other player in there is running 500-600K armor with a double barrel.
    Who says that variable is player controlled, it could be tied to some number. I understand you young'uns want to believe that computers are perfect that they don't make mistakes. They are designed by humans, who do. In my lifetime I have been shown that each computer given enough samples, will have a tendency to pull the same number. Each computer is different and they won't all pick the exact same number. Over the years I have played with lots of gamers online and there have always been those players without cheating, they will get miracle drop after miracle drop. Meanwhile some won't ever see those things ever. Believe it or not ladies and gentlemen, it's true.

By the way, for those into buying lottery tickets. If you buy a bunch of lottery tickets and let the machine pick the numbers. Look to see how many numbers are repeated. What is rare is to get the exact same numbers in one group.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    "Variables"

What I listed were all variables you would test or manipulate YOURSELF to see if it IS the actual variable that, quote:

I hope you guys are coming around to what I am trying to say. I doubt anyone will be willing to test every possible variable because there would be way too many of them and way too many combinations to keep track of. Just picture the report:

I was wearing this shirt, with this pants, those shoes, that haircut, that tattoo, while having a P416 with 18.3k damage sitting as my 50th item in my stash, while it was equipped with a plain red skin, while performing two dance emotes before I did two dives after I proc'd Wicked and before going into cover after I closed the menu when I deleted two skill mods..... *pant pant*

But I was standing in the BoO for 12.35 seconds before I got the invite to the other player's game which set to 3:45 PM in-game time after he killed a Hyena NPC before I killed the boss and got Merciless.

That's how many "variables" you'd be tracking, and then some!
    If those are the "variables", but who knows if they are? In your example, why not say if Player A sticks his tongue out while playing, then Player B needs to as well to get the same loot.

There have been several players come in here in these forums and stated there seems to be that player in there group that always seems to get good or great loot every time they play. Meanwhile others in the same group, playing the same content doesn't.

By chance have you ever noticed especially in TD, that after an update players who seem to be able to play as soon as possible, seems to be able to get the latest a greatest metas. Then you have those come home after work and play for twice as long that evening and will spend months trying to get the same thing. Odd isn't? Yet not everyone who plays ASAP gets the latest meta, but they seem to get it quicker then the guy who played that night. Not a fact as much as what I have witnessed playing TD series.

cn555ic's Avatar Senior Member
    I logged oh did two heroic missions. At the end I saw on two of my pieces for the tidal basin clear vest with 1.5 awd! Lmao. 1.5% awd. Really ?

LubzinNJ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by gas692tec Go to original post
    Dude. I sh*t yo not. Have been looking for a murakami holster with more than 10% crit chance for about 3 days. Usual sob story. Following murakami for days etc etc. I've just cleared a control point 4 and would you Adam and Eve it. I bloody murakami ����11 crit chance holster. I take the whole post back. It's fixed... Seriously though. Would trade it for health on a mask over 30 k......
    You're almost guaranteed not to get a 30K health roll on a mask that has two attributes. Even getting Alps or Airaldi to drop that # is an absurdly low chance.

Originally Posted by D-Y-N-4-M-O Go to original post
    Needed - D&H pack.

Ran ten missions of targeted loot for D&H

Result - Got 1 D&H backpack in ten runs. (Didn’t even have the attributes required for my build).

Conclusion - RNG is weighted BS.

Like people have said, why even bother? It’s a colossal waste of time. These idiotic decisions are killing this game.

Remember when you got that exotic you’d been seeking a few months back, then farmed exotic components to upgrade it only to see all your efforts make your upgrade go backwards. Yeah? Probably the same dev doing this with the loot we have now. It’s beyond dumb.

Please for the love of god, get rid of these idiots for the health of the game.
    Posts like this may get you banned, just a friendly warning. And you will get banned for good, because these clowns can't accept criticism.