Can't make sense of RNG..........???

How can rng be fair or appropriate given the manner of how it favours certain characters. I've played the division since the beginning and although it took me 3 years to get the house with an offensive mod in the division 1, yes 3 years. I seem to think the div 2s favouritism (if you like) is more noticeable. I could give you countless examples. Like why did it take me 25 attempts to get the eagle bearer whilst friends had received it upto 4 times by this time, 2 friends got it on their first attempt. 1 friend had it twice by his third attempt. Bearing in mind it has a weekly reset. My achievement took me 25 weeks, 6 months, does anyone think this is appropriate. It was nerfed by the time I got it. How is this fair. I'm currently running Alps summit missions for high health attributes, have been doing so for 6 days now, it's pretty boring doing the same chase for 6 days but such is my commitment for high health stats. I invited a friend who hadn't been on line much due to him playing Dayz and cod and on his second attempt he receives a 33.300 health stat on a mask. 5000 higher than anything I have. I thought the more you grind the more likely it would be to achieve higher stats, once again this is not the case. similar thing happened constantly. I have 93 days gameplay. I don't play any other game. I find it frustrating that no matter what time you put in, it is irrelavent to your gear, this is not a privellage issue. It is a frustration.....
     8 people found this helpful

It's random.

What you are suggesting would not be. If the game was to guarantee you higher stats based on the time invested why would your friend ever play. How many hours would you suggest a gamer should have to invest before they can be rewarded with desirable gear? 100 hours? 1000 hours?

I keep reading these posts about "UBI, THIS IS A LOOTER?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" They're doing what they have to do to keep you playing. They're limiting the amount of loot you can acquire, they're making it extremely time consuming to acquire a min/max load out and they are adjusting the mechanics of the game as necessary to make that min/max load out irrelevant once too many people have acquired it.

It's a looter. It has RNG. It's randomly on purpose.
     3 people found this helpful

I get the philosophy of an rng. I had similar feedback whilst asking the same question about the eagle bearer months back. The response tends to be the same. How much time do I think it should take to achieve these pieces. I'm not sure. But what I do no is that I don't think that the divide between 2 players achieving there goals should be 6 months. I don't think the divide between 2 people should be 6 months and the third party has obtained 3. I don't think that a player who has invested half time and I'm not talking about day. I'm talking weeks, maybe months should then be receiving major attribute stats. Yes I agree. Why would he play if he didn't feel like he could obtain better gear. But then again what encouragement is that to a player who is committed to the game and actually plays it daily ?
     2 people found this helpful

And may I add. DOES not obtain high stats himself of which has been targeted ..

If RNG were favoring certain players,then you should see a big difference between each of your alts, at all times on all things.

I have four characters and have over 900 hours in this version and four characters and over 2000 hours in the last version of the game. From what I've seen in either version of the game,they all have their good and bad says..
    For all my characters.When it comes to getting a build off the ground and able to do most of the content,the builds go together pretty quick..when it comes to minmaxing the builds is where it slows down quick.
    A lot of that has to do with,now I'm looking for a certain stat or certain item or exotic piece with the right combination,in a huge loot pool..

Myself,I've never put together an SMG build in this version,so there is no telling how many really good pieces I've scrapped for mats already..But I do know this,that I could build one in a few days to a week and be doing challenge mode missions with it in a weeks time..Heroic solo would take much longer because it's gonna take a bit of min maxing to get the build tight enough.
    Because who knows how many really good pieces that are hard to get,that I already tossed away over the last 900+ hours, that could have sped up the minmaxing for heroic solo.

If I decided to make a pistol build or the same exact build on all four of my characters,I could do the same thing and have them doing challenge modes pretty quick,but they are all going to take different amount of time to min max and not be the same exact builds when I'm done..one is going to take longer to get minmaxed than the other,because now i'm looking for rare pieces..

I don't think RNG was ever designed to be fair..Just random.
    I don't think Random and Fair run the same roads..

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CassiousCloud Go to original post
    If RNG were favoring certain players,then you should see a big difference between each of your alts, at all times on all things.

I have four characters and have over 900 hours in this version and four characters and over 2000 hours in the last version of the game. From what I've seen in either version of the game,they all have their good and bad says..
    For all my characters.When it comes to getting a build off the ground and able to do most of the content,the builds go together pretty quick..when it comes to minmaxing the builds is where it slows down quick.
    A lot of that has to do with,now I'm looking for a certain stat or certain item or exotic piece with the right combination,in a huge loot pool..

Myself,I've never put together an SMG build in this version,so there is no telling how many really good pieces I've scrapped for mats already..But I do know this,that I could build one in a few days to a week and be doing challenge mode missions with it in a weeks time..Heroic solo would take much longer because it's gonna take a bit of min maxing to get the build tight enough.
    Because who knows how many really good pieces that are hard to get,that I already tossed away over the last 900+ hours, that could have sped up the minmaxing for heroic solo.

If I decided to make a pistol build or the same exact build on all four of my characters,I could do the same thing and have them doing challenge modes pretty quick,but they are all going to take different amount of time to min max and not be the same exact builds when I'm done..one is going to take longer to get minmaxed than the other,because now i'm looking for rare pieces..

I don't think RNG was ever designed to be fair..Just random.
    I don't think Random and Fair run the same roads..
    Why would you see a difference in your Alts? You are the same player on the same account? It may just be RNG, but some players seem to have all the luck, while others don't. TD and TD2 has shown that it seems to have favorites and those that it hates.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    Why would you see a difference in your Alts? You are the same player on the same account? It may just be RNG, but some players seem to have all the luck, while others don't. TD and TD2 has shown that it seems to have favorites and those that it hates.
    In Division 1, I noticed my Medic guy, or my 3rd alt, well, 15th alt, if you consider all the times I made a toon and deleted them before lvl 5....but I noticed he seemed to have really good luck doing the boss runs and getting exotics. One run with him, no joke, I killed the cleaner boss south of WSP, he dropped a BUllfrog, I teleported to the Caverns and killed Fumes, he dropped a Showstopper. Sometime later that run, I got another Exotic. Then again, that was the 2 weeks my RNG seemed tuned up, I was getting so many exotics it was truly disgusting. Like, 5 Big Als, 4 Showstoppers, IDK how many Bullfrogs, Warlords, Hungry Hogs, countless pairs of gloves, kneepads and holsters....it was obscene.....

My stash in Div 1 is still filled with a good deal of those exotics. Ive trashed ALOT of the 'good' exotics, cuz im out of room and I wasnt going to use them with the talents they had, but still......some of my guys definitely seem to have better RNG than others. My first guy? Yeah, it was my dad and I for our first, oooohhh.....300-400 hours, non stop farming for Showstoppers and Big Als and never getting a 1. My dad didnt get one until our like 600th Hour. We finally got our builds together around 650-700 hours later, when the game finally decided to drop the pieces we were after.

I do believe it was that BS RNG that ultimately helped turn my dad off the game. We used to play the hell out of it together, but he got tired of killing the bosses every day, that is 30 chances per day(15 bosses, x2 players), and getting jack. We even ran a couple of Legendaries with randos, won and he got jack. It wasnt until one day, we ran a legendary Amherst that Big Als and Showstoppers abound, and my dad FINALLY got his. THe funny thing, they didnt drop for HIM, instead, they dropped for me and another person in the group and we gave them to him. I wont lie though, you want bad luck with RNG in a game? Its my dad, his RNG with drops in games are beyond absurd. It got to the point I felt bad for him. We would duo the bosses, get nothing. I would solo the bosses with another alt, 2 Exotics(Which is how it played out with the above mentioned SHowstopper/Bullfrog back to back). We would play all night, nothing. I would wake up the next morning, run the bosses, exotics....it really was annoying.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KnightGhostbear Go to original post
    In Division 1, I noticed my Medic guy, or my 3rd alt, well, 15th alt, if you consider all the times I made a toon and deleted them before lvl 5....but I noticed he seemed to have really good luck doing the boss runs and getting exotics. One run with him, no joke, I killed the cleaner boss south of WSP, he dropped a BUllfrog, I teleported to the Caverns and killed Fumes, he dropped a Showstopper. Sometime later that run, I got another Exotic. Then again, that was the 2 weeks my RNG seemed tuned up, I was getting so many exotics it was truly disgusting. Like, 5 Big Als, 4 Showstoppers, IDK how many Bullfrogs, Warlords, Hungry Hogs, countless pairs of gloves, kneepads and holsters....it was obscene.....

My stash in Div 1 is still filled with a good deal of those exotics. Ive trashed ALOT of the 'good' exotics, cuz im out of room and I wasnt going to use them with the talents they had, but still......some of my guys definitely seem to have better RNG than others. My first guy? Yeah, it was my dad and I for our first, oooohhh.....300-400 hours, non stop farming for Showstoppers and Big Als and never getting a 1. My dad didnt get one until our like 600th Hour. We finally got our builds together around 650-700 hours later, when the game finally decided to drop the pieces we were after.
    There was a lady I used to do the Boss run with. She used to get 5 drops per run, whether Exotic or Classified. Meanwhile those of us who ran with her, usually got HE or Purple, we never got as good of loot as she did.

Originally Posted by YodaMan 3D Go to original post
    Because RNG is not going to be the same for each character..
    heck,they all are going for different items for different builds..Even if they were going for the same kind of build it would be different for each character..
    You're not going to get the same RNG on each character because they are on the same account.

We understand that it is rng, nobody is denying that. But I think the people who are passing comment are experienced enough to clearly see a difference in loot drops between 2 different characters. For me, there is no question. Certain characters have a higher success rate when it comes to high attributes and exotic pieces. If any developer would like to investigate this I can privately message them the characters who are experiencing higher rates of exotics and high attribute stats with zero game time.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►