ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff

*READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING* Help us help you!

Hello, and welcome to the UPLAY+ support forums. This forum is for technical support and bug reporting. If you'd like to post a suggestion or feedback, please do so in General Discussions.

In this thread, you will find commonly asked questions in this forum, as well as self-help resources. If you need further help, please check out this link for ways to get the best and fastest help on the forums.

Be aware that this forum is not to be used for specific account or billing issues. Refer to the 'Purchase / Payment Issues' section below for more information.

General Information
    Frequently Asked Questions about UPLAY+
    Purchasing, Cancelling and Managing Your UPLAY+ Subscription

Ubisoft Account
    I Cannot Access my Account or Log In

Technical / Purchase Issues
    Purchase / Payment Issues
    Technical Issues and Save Game Information

Still need assistance? Click here!

Frequently Asked Questions about UPLAY+
    Below you will find frequently asked questions about UPLAY+.

What should I know about the UPLAY+ service?
    The UPLAY+ service makes it easier to access our catalog of new releases, as well as classic Ubisoft titles. UPLAY+ allows you to download games from the UPLAY+ catalog. Once you download a game, you will be able to access it for the duration of the subscription. Please note, an internet connection is needed to launch and play games through UPLAY+. The subscription service is currently available for Windows PC.

What games and in-game content will I have access to with the UPLAY+ subscription?
    Subscribing to UPLAY+ gives you access to over 100 games. The full catalog can be found here. It includes:
    Upcoming releases, such as:
    • Watch Dogs Legion
    • Gods and Monsters
    Latest releases, including:
    • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
    • Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
    • Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
    • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
    • Far Cry 5
    • Anno 1800
    As well as classic Ubisoft titles like:
    • Prince of Persia
    • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
    • Beyond Good & Evil
    In addition to beloved PC franchises including:
    • Heroes of Might and Magic
    • Silent Hunter
    • The Settlers
    • Anno
    And more!
    This includes premium game editions (where premium or special editions of the game are indicated), DLCs, expansions, and inclusion in early access/beta programs. If there is no active subscription, you will be able to play the games you bought. You will keep access to every purchase you make (game or additional content) even if you unsubscribe. For more details on content ownership and unsubscribing, please check out this FAQ.

What languages are available for the games included in UPLAY+?
    Language availability varies between games, depending on if the game was localized in your language at the time of the release. For details on language availability, check the games listing on the Ubisoft Store.

In which countries will UPLAY+ be available?
    UPLAY+ released in all territories in which our games are made available, with some exceptions. Please click through to this FAQ for a list of countries where the service is not currently available.

What happens if a game is added or removed from the catalog?
    Games won’t be removed. UPLAY+ is a growing library, and there are no plans to remove any games. Nonetheless, if a game has to be pulled out due to measures beyond our control, it will be clearly communicated to you through the platform.

Back to the top

Purchasing, Cancelling and Managing Your UPLAY+ Subscription
    In this post you will find information about your UPLAY+ subscription.

How can I buy the UPLAY+ subscription and how will the payment be taken?
    You can subscribe to UPLAY+ using a credit card and/or PayPal (if available in your country). Wallet payments will not be possible. You can subscribe in two ways:
    Your subscription will be immediately effective after subscribing. You will receive a confirmation email with useful information about accessing the games. The payment will be collected on a monthly basis and you can unsubscribe at any time during your subscription period.

How can I download a UPLAY+ title?
    To be able to download UPLAY+ games, you need to add them to your library. To do this in Uplay PC:
    • Open Uplay and access the UPLAY+ tab
    • Select a game from the playlist
    • Click "activate game" after highlighting the tile of a game.

You should now be able to install it from the My Games section.

How can I cancel my UPLAY+ subscription?
    You can cancel your subscription through the Ubisoft Store or Uplay.
    From the Ubisoft Store
    • Access the My Subscription Page.
    • Click on Cancel Membership
    • Scroll to the bottom of the page you are redirected to and find the confirmation button.

From Uplay
    • Click your account name in the top right hand corner.
    • From the menu select Account Information.
    • Locate the UPLAY+ section and click on Manage. You'll be redirected to the My Subscription page in your browser.
    • Click on Cancel Membership
    • Scroll to the bottom of the page you are redirected to and find the confirmation button.

Your subscription will remain active until the last day of the current month you paid for and you will not be charged for the following month. You can cancel at anytime, without any notice. If you have received an invoice with details about your next payment, your subscription has already been renewed for the following month and the payment may be processed. Please note that following your UPLAY+ order confirmation, it could take up to 2 hours before you can cancel your UPLAY+ subscription.
    In the case of games that only feature local saving, progression will be lost if you unsubscribe and uninstall the game.

How can I manage my UPLAY+ membership?
    You can access all your subscription details from Uplay in the subscription panel and the Ubisoft Store. In the Ubisoft store, this can be found if you are logged in by clicking your avatar icon and selecting "my subscription".
    From this page, you can edit your payment method, billing address and billing details. Your invoice will be available after clicking "view billing details". You can also renew or cancel your subscription.

Back to the top

I Cannot Access my Account or Log In
    If you are having issues with accessing your account, it may be one of these issues:

Temporary Account Suspension
    If you are getting a message that your account has been temporary suspended, this is usually caused by unsuccessful logins or activation of a key in Uplay. These bans usually last one hour. Please note that Ubisoft Support cannot lift these bans, as that are a security feature.

I'm getting a message that says "A Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable"
    Please check this post for more details on this issue.

I forgot my password!
    For information on changing your Ubisoft Password, please check out this FAQ!

I do not have access to my email account
    If you do not have access to your email, please reach out to us either at account support or on social media (Facebook, Twitter) in a private message.

I do not have access to my two-step verification.
    If you have access to your recovery codes, you can use them following these steps. If you do not have access to your recovery codes, please reach out to us either at account support or on social media (Facebook, Twitter) in a private message.

Back to the top

Purchase / Payment Issues

Known Issues
    A list of known issues can be found here.

Why am I seeing multiple charges for my UPLAY+ subscription?
    UPLAY+ only charges you once a month for your monthly subscription, but you might be seeing multiple charges for one of these reasons:
    • When you sign up for UPLAY+ we send an authorization request to ensure your payment method is valid. While the request is processed, the funds are not transferred to Ubisoft, but put on a temporary hold. This hold is cancelled daily by Ubisoft, but it may take more time for your financial institution to release the funds. For more information on how your financial institution handles holds, please reach out to them.
    • In some specific situations (such as if the initial payment fails to complete due to insufficient funds) our system will automatically attempt to take the payment again over the course of a week. These are also temporary holds.
    • If you switch payment methods while your subscription is active, you may see an authorization for $0.01 on your statement to validate your payment method.
    • If you have multiple payments but cannot access the service, you may have a suspended subscription (covered below). The charges are payments that cannot be processed, meaning your payment cannot/was not taken for this month. This is a temporary hold.

What should I do if my subscription is suspended?
    Your account might get suspended if we were unable to process the payment for your UPLAY+ subscription (details on failed payments covered below). While your subscription is suspended, you will not be able to access any of the games you have through UPLAY+.
    To regain access to UPLAY+, please make a payment with your payment method or change it, if needed, through the subscription management page.
    After a valid payment is made, your subscription will resume. If this occurred during an active billing period, the subscription will be extended by the number of days your subscription was suspended for and your new billing date will be adjusted automatically. Your games will be accessible after your subscription shows as "active" on My Subscription on the Ubisoft Store.

Why does my payment fail when I try to subscribe to UPLAY+?
    There may be a problem with your payment method. You may want to check and update your payment method. Please also ensure the following:
    • Your card is not expired.
    • Your account balance or credit limit can cover the payment.
    • Your account is enabled for recurring online transactions.
    Please note that if you are already subscribed to the service, your access to UPLAY+ will be suspended if the payment is not processed in 48 hours.

What can I do if my subscription renewed automatically after I forgot to cancel it?
    UPLAY+ subscriptions are non-refundable. To prevent further charges, consider canceling your subscription.

I am experiencing issues with cancelling my UPLAY+ subscription, what can I do?
    If you are experiencing this issue on the Ubisoft Store website, you may want to try browser troubleshooting. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact support.

I am experiencing an issue not listed here with my payment or purchase, what should I do?
    For any other issues with your payment or purchase, please contact support.

Back to the top

Technical Issues and Save Game Information

Known Issues
    A list of known issues can be found here.

I am experiencing a technical issue with Uplay.
    Check out our self help thread on the Uplay support forums here!

I am experiencing a technical issue with a game I received through UPLAY+
    We recommend checking out the forum for the specific game you are experiencing issues with. For games without forums, a good first step for crashing and other technical issues is general PC troubleshooting.

I'm experiencing a bug or a technical issue with UPLAY+ itself.
    If you are experiencing a technical issue with the Ubisoft Store website relating to UPLAY+, please try browser troubleshooting.
    If you are missing content, please create a support ticket.
    For all other issues, please make a detailed forum post about the issues you are experiencing. Click here for information on creating a detailed forum post.

Will my save files be affected if I decide to unsubscribe or change my game version?
    Upgrading a previously owned Standard Edition of these following games may affect your save files. For more details, click through to FAQs about each of these games:
    These should also be compatible between Uplay and Steam editions. The exceptions for this are
    • Steep
    • Trials Rising
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • Other single-player titles
    • Older Online titles

Which UPLAY+ games support the cloud save feature?
    Cloud synchronization stores your save data on our servers. This allows you to access your data by logging into Uplay from anywhere with an internet connection. This was implemented in our games starting in 2008. For a list of games not compatible with cloud saves, click here.

Back to the top

Still need assistance?

If you are still in need of assistance or your issue was not listed here, please feel free to create a forum post! To get the fastest and the best help for your issue, please include as much of the information requested below as possible in your post.

Please note: If you need account support or support for your purchase, you will need to contact support. Information on contacting support can be found here.

To start, please include a title that is descriptive of the issue you are experiencing. Ideally, the title should give other posters an idea of the issue before they click on the issue.
    • An example of a good title: Ubisoft Service is currently unavailable error
    • An example of a bad title: HELP ME PLEASE

In your post, you should be as precise and descriptive as possible. We recommend the following template for the posts:

1. A short description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    2. When the issue started to occur and what you were doing when it first started. Some things to consider would be if the issue started after a cut scene, after an update, during a specific part of the game.
    3. Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encounter this issue.
    4. Have you tried any troubleshooting?
    5. Any screenshots or video of the issue, if possible. Please upload these to a hosting site, such as Imgur or YouTube.
    6. If you’ve reached out to Ubisoft Support through our ticketing system, please include your support ticket reference number as well.

Contacting Ubisoft Support

Information on contacting Ubisoft Support can be found below:

Social media
    Please note that when reaching out to Ubisoft Support on social media about account issues, we strongly recommend private messaging.

Ticketing system