Rocksmith freezes after Windows Upgrade

I upgraded my operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now Rocksmith will freeze at the banner screen (the screen with "BEGIN" at the bottom. I can use alt-TAB to see other programs that are running but I cannot switch to those programs. The only way out is to restart my computer.

I'm running Rocksmith 2014 Remastered

Has anyone else run into this? What might be the fix?

Thanks

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Make sure all the updates to Windows 10 have been performed. You may need to force this in Settings->Update & Security.

Make sure all your device drivers are updated. May have to visit your PC's manufacturer's website for this.

After all that and however many reboots that takes, then go into privacy and be sure you microphone is enabled for apps to access.

All drivers were already updated and the microphone is available for use by Rocksmith

I also tried these steps provided by Ubisoft:

1. Right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu. You can do this either from the game's shortcut (if installed from a CD/DVD-ROM) or by navigating to the exe-file in the game's installation directory.

2. Select the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:

3. Select the version of Windows to use for your game's settings from the drop down. We recommend to use a version that is officially supported by the game.

For older titles, please also tick the Disable fullscreen optimizations box.

4. Click Apply and run the application.

Didn't work.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    I got to thinking since you upgraded from win 7 to win 10, did you re-install Rocksmith?

If not, I'd uninstall and re-install the game. Before doing this, I'd suggest making a backup of the game saves directory, <Steam-folder> \userdata\ <user-id> \221680\remote\.