SWJS's Avatar Senior Member
    As several people before me have stated, if you go onto the Xbox marketplace and read the game description, it mentions Ezio learning from a Codex written by Altair. I think it's high time we had a thread about it.

Personally, I think of it like this:

I believe that Altair wants to go find Adha, because it's been on his mind since before the events of AC1. So, he writes the codex for the order to follow in his absence, and leaves Malik in charge. He finds Adha, they marry, have kids, and boingo, Ezio's great great grandparents and such.

200 years later, the Templar families in Italy have discovered that Ezio's family is within the Assassin bloodline and stage an attack on his home. They murder his father and his brother, but Ezio manages to escape. The templars take his mother as a type of "life insurance", a hostage. Ezio, confused, afraid, and wondering "WTF", runs to da Vinci's home where, out of breath, he explains the details.

da Vinci is in fact an elder member of the order, and knew about Ezio's bloodline. da Vinci explains the story of the assassin-templar struggle, and tells him that he must learn his heritage and become an assassin. Ezio is naturally in disbelief of everything, and begins questioning da Vinci. Then da Vinci takes the Codex from a hidden place and shows it to Ezio.

That's just the way I see it. Do any others out there have any theories, predictions, or specultions about this mysterious codex?

Altair had a 'How to talk american' description... then Ezio changed his voice from a 50-year-old mafia boss to an arrogant American kid. xD.

Your description's good so far.

Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
    Then da Vinci takes the Codex from a hidden place and shows it to Ezio.

That's just the way I see it. Do any others out there have any theories, predictions, or specultions about this mysterious codex?
    I agree with you for the most part, except that bit at the end about the codex.
    I think the Ezio finds the Codex himself, in one of the side missions. One of the missions added in the special 'Black' edition. Palazzo Medicis in Florence.
    I say this because I recall reading it somewhere, I'll try and find the source for you.

Originally posted by revoltingbunny:
    Altair had a 'How to talk american' description... then Ezio changed his voice from a 50-year-old mafia boss to an arrogant American kid. xD.

Your description's good so far.

Passage 6: Speak Perfect American So Your Idiot Descendants Can Understand You

Glad to hear that. It's not often a fan with a huge imagination makes up some kind of theory that actually makes sense. xD

Originally posted by Sypron:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
    Then da Vinci takes the Codex from a hidden place and shows it to Ezio.

I agree with you for the most part, except that bit at the end about the codex.
    I think the Ezio finds the Codex himself, in one of the side missions. One of the missions added in the special 'Black' edition. Palazzo Medicis in Florence.
    I say this because I recall reading it somewhere, I'll try and find the source for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting. Is it a reliable source, like IGN, or one of those 3rd-party sources, like Gamersyde?

the only thing is that a bloodlink between Altair and Ezio hasn't been established, unless someone has a source? I'm open to the idea of them being related by blood, but not ruling them out as being non-blood relatives either

Originally posted by bokeef04:
    the only thing is that a bloodlink between Altair and Ezio hasn't been established, unless someone has a source? I'm open to the idea of them being related by blood, but not ruling them out as being non-blood relatives either
    They would have to be blood related, because the only way Ezio could be born was through Altair's bloodline. Otherwise Ezio wouldn't even exist.

how so, are you saying you don't have two family bloodlines? that your mother and father are related? e.g Altair could be related to Desmonds Father, and Ezio to Desmons mother, Altair and Ezio would still not be related to each other

not having a go at your theory, but why the move to Florence, and how did they become nobility?

how so, are you saying you don't have two family bloodlines? that your mother and father are related? e.g Altair could be related to Desmonds Father, and Ezio to Desmons mother, Altair and Ezio would still not be related to each other
    Down the line, EACH ancestor of Desmond, including Ezio, came from two parents. Ezio married and had kids and so on. plus you're forgetting that back then it was okay to marry your cousins. It's very possible that they share the same bloodlines. Desmond would have the bloodlines of all his ancestors' families, since each ancestor before him would have a father and a mother.

I quoted myself to show I actually said I was open to the idea of a blood relation, but hadn't seen any sources saying they were, also why did they leave the holy land for Italy, and how did they become a noble family of Italy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
    I quoted myself to show I actually said I was open to the idea of a blood relation, but hadn't seen any sources saying they were, also why did they leave the holy land for Italy, and how did they become a noble family of Italy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Vidic himself states that the Animus allows Abstergo to genetically decode the DNA of Desmond's ancestors. Since DNA is in our blood as well as other places, it makes sense that Ezio and Desmond are in the same bloodline.

Also, it's been 200 years. Altair and his descendants could have easily migrated there over time.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►