Wait what is canon?

Originally posted by Furtivi_Uno:
    Wait what is canon?
    If something is 'non-canon' it means it doesn't tie into the original text. Altair's Chronicles is considered non-canon because it doesn't tie into the story of Assassin's Creed, except for the name Adha.

I wonder what Altair's Codex has written in it....
    I want a copy

Man, Patrice said the end of the game is gonna surprise you, gonna make you say "Whoa! I didn't see that coming!"
    Makes me more curious about the game....and it's still a while before it's released

I'll have to resist my horrid gamer urges to look at Wikipedia for spoilers, lol

moqqy's Avatar Senior Member
    Canon is the official story. Just because Altaïr was useless in hand-to-hand combat in AC1, doesn't mean he was in "reality".

moqqy and were do you get your cannon from if not the game since that was the invention of the series

moqqy's Avatar Senior Member
    Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, Cas. I get my canon from the game, but simple logic dictates that Altair was bad in hand-to-hand combat because of gameplay reasons. That doesn't mean he is bad in it in the story.

I'll give you another example. In the game, it takes you 5 minutes to ride into another city. That's gameplay, too. In the story, it takes a lot longer.

Originally posted by Furtivi_Uno:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
    there is also the third option that they are both in on it Ezio has been working with da vinci, as da vinci was a inteligent bloke so with a description of the blade he could probly work out how to make it. also this way it leads into why Ezio has good hand to hand skills and why da vinci is in on it all.
    In some interview didn't some Ubisoft person say that where as Altair got his skills in parkour from being raised as an assassin while Ezio got his skills from running from young women's fathers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://askalty.smackjeeves.com...where-did-you-learn/
    Thanks, Kaxen!

Page 9 of 9 ◄◄  First ... 789