forget it, your not getting at what i'm saying, i was saying

1) Altair and Desmond blood related
    2) Ezio and Desmond blood related
    3) Altair and Ezio may not be blood related, it hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge

Desmond can live through the memories of Altair and Ezio, but no guarentee yet that if Ezio got in the machine he could live Altair's life as Altair's and Ezio's bloodlines may not have converged till after Ezio was born, e.g Ezio could have married a descendant of Altair

Maybe it was an assumption we all had that it was just going to stay in the male lineage.

But anyway, Ezio doesn't really have to be related to Altiar to find the Codex or whatever. Could be a crazy coincidence.

I think the possibility of two different blood lines combining into one is possible. But it has already been stated that Ezio is part of Altair's blood line... If I recall correctly it was mentioned Ezio was gifted, as in he's a natural at free running etc. But it would be interesting if they weren't of the same blood line.

do you have a source that says that? everything I have read and heard about the game never actually revealed the connection between Ezio and Altair beyond both being ancestors of Desmond

I'm pretty sure it was in an interview with Jade Raymond.

I don't think you need proof that Altair and Ezio are part of the same bloodline. Of course its entirely possible that they aren't; infact there is an even chance that they are or are not related.
    Its just how Ubi decides to depict them. But consider this; They're both from the Assassins, and the Assassin's probably marry internally, like royalty.

obliviondoll's Avatar Banned
    AND the upcoming PSP game is meant to detail the link between Altair and Ezio, and is titled "Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines."

That should help in this discussion, though it doesn't confirm either way. Seems to imply the two are related though.

They implied that Ezio is a decendant of Altair during some of those E3 interviews. They said something along the lines of "Ezio will find out about his heritage" so if he isnt a decendant of Altair, then he is decended from one of the other assassins.

And since they are making that bloodlines game, as obliviondoll mentioned I think it is safe to assume that they are related.

Ugh, the DS game was non-canon right? So I hope that the Adha mentioned in the game isn't the same as the one in the DS (Altair deserves a better, less cliche, love story)

And I think it stands to reason that Ezio is a descendant of Altair (it has been mentioned after all in interviews)
    As for how this bloodline got from the Middle East to Italy, is pretty simple. During and after the Crusades, Italy retrieved several imports and exports from the region where AC takes place. It probably wasn't strange for someone from, say, Jerusalem to migrate to Italy. (they even say Leonardo da Vinci is possibly of Arabic decent)
    And becomning Noble isn't to hard of a feat. Look at the Medici, they started out a lowly bankers but by choosing clients with potential, who could become future allies (like the pirate who became a Pope) they were able to rise up and control Florence. Altair's descendants just had to do the same with what ever was there family business. Nobility back in the Renaissance is like the Mafia now, territory and allies are what help keep you at the top.

SWJS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
    Ugh, the DS game was non-canon right? So I hope that the Adha mentioned in the game isn't the same as the one in the DS (Altair deserves a better, less cliche, love story)

And I think it stands to reason that Ezio is a descendant of Altair (it has been mentioned after all in interviews)
    As for how this bloodline got from the Middle East to Italy, is pretty simple. During and after the Crusades, Italy retrieved several imports and exports from the region where AC takes place. It probably wasn't strange for someone from, say, Jerusalem to migrate to Italy. (they even say Leonardo da Vinci is possibly of Arabic decent)
    And becomning Noble isn't to hard of a feat. Look at the Medici, they started out a lowly bankers but by choosing clients with potential, who could become future allies (like the pirate who became a Pope) they were able to rise up and control Florence. Altair's descendants just had to do the same with what ever was there family business. Nobility back in the Renaissance is like the Mafia now, territory and allies are what help keep you at the top.
    Well, even if the DS game WAS non-canon, an informer still mentions Adha in Damas, suggesting that they were indeed lovers. Otherwise I agree.