Anno 1404 crash on game start

Running the regular game is fine but every time I try to actually start a game, I get a CTD. I've tried running it in several compatibility modes, changing graphics settings and changing the DirectX version in the config but none of those worked. Venice just CTD's immediately on startup. I'm on a laptop running Windows 10.

Any known fixes?

What kind of laptop you trying to run this on and does it have a video card?

In Option
    Anisotropic Filting - Off - This one control what directx you are running. If it is on it is directx 10 when off it is directx 9.
    Anti - Aliasing - Off
    Post effects - Off
    Clouds - Off

Try lowing all the Graphic settings.

Originally Posted by dmdilks Go to original post
    What kind of laptop you trying to run this on and does it have a video card?

In Option
    Anisotropic Filting - Off - This one control what directx you are running. If it is on it is directx 10 when off it is directx 9.
    Anti - Aliasing - Off
    Post effects - Off
    Clouds - Off

Try lowing all the Graphic settings.
    I got an HP Zbook Studio G4 (i7-7700hq, 8gb ram, nvidia quadro m1200m). Putting all graphics settings to lowest still gives the same result.

Letting the game run on my integrated graphics rather than the video card still results in the exact same problem

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello mikavn,

Welcome to the forums! I would recommend contacting our Support Team directly so that they can assist you with trouble shooting.

I can run it on my Dell laptop.

AMD A8-7410 APU
    AMD Radeon R5 - 1gb
    16gb of memory
    SSD Samsung 500gb

I have most everything set at Med settings. The Video driver is like 11-2017 driver. It plays ok not like playing it on a Regular computer. Is it a box version or Uplay version?