1. #1

    Sniper Question

    Why is there a difference in zoom between two SNR with the same scope?

    I have a TAC50mk2@lvl62 and got a L115A3mk1@lvl66, both with the T5XISight and their zoom and field of views are different....the L115A3mk1 has a closer zoom and fuller field of view even though they are both the exact same scope...wtf? All calibers aside, shouldn't 6x zoom equal 6x zoom for whatever rifle it's being applied to? Am I miss8ng something? Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this and oh by the way, my resource location skill stopped working today...fing game...we should all be on Ubisnots payroll at this point.

    Thanks in advance.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,071
    Random number generators. It's the rpg bullsh#t that was added to the game. There shouldn't be gold purple or blue variants of weapons but here we are.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    6x range on a scope is range. I don't get it. Are we now saying that viewable range is dictated by weapon range? So a TX on an ASR will look different than a TX on an SNR?...hmmm, I don't know...sloppy mechanics if that's the truth.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by sir32.exe Go to original post
    6x range on a scope is range. I don't get it. Are we now saying that viewable range is dictated by weapon range? So a TX on an ASR will look different than a TX on an SNR?...hmmm, I don't know...sloppy mechanics if that's the truth.
    No, ignore Tre's comment. He just cuts and pastes that reply into every thread.

    I've experienced the same issue. But from experimenting I decided the zoom is the same but the black outline is different. It maybe representative of the position of the scope on the rifle.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    I thought that may be the case too so I actually used a common marker and measured the two with dots and sure enough, they were different. I could agree that the field of view was just widened if that hadn't been the case but unfortunately, the dots don't lie...id love the bigger field of view and closer zoom on the Tac50 just not sure how to get it seeing that it's the same scope as previously mentioned....where's Dark Dally when you need him?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Groincheux's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    49
    Hello,

    That is pretty normal i would say.

    IRL, the scope is not at the same place on every weapon, if you could change the stock length of those weapon you could have the same "view".

    For example, IRL, the L115A3 and the M82 haven't really got the scope in the exact same place. One is a little bit more in the front and one a little bit more in the back.

    I don't know if you understand me because english is not my mother tongue sorry.

    What i want to say is sometime, if you can't ajust the stock, the scope is gonna be like 10cm of your eyes, and sometime it's gonna be at 3cm of your eyes. That's all depend of the size and the place of the attachement on the weapon. I think that's what they wanted to do here and i think it's pretty reallistic.

    The zoom is the same though, it's juste the FOV who's changing.

    Hope you understand what i mean
    Share this post

  7. #7
    I understand what you are saying and yes, that would change the “field of view” but that wouldn’t have anything to do with the magnification. 6x magnification is 6x magnification no matter where you put the scope on the gun.

    I may be calling the “field of view” the wrong thing. I’m really talking about the area outside of the scope on screen. Unfortunately, Breakpoint just blacks this out rather than filling it in with a blurred version of your surroundings.

    In this case: the TAC50 has a smaller through the scope view and will take up, as an example, a span of five horizontal mil dots on a stationary target. I can switch to the L115A3 with the same scope and pointed at the same stationary target and the through the scope view takes up nearly my entire screen and the mil dot span on said target will be only two....and of course it actually looks closer.

    That’s most definitely a difference in zoom from the same scope on two different rifles.

    I’d just like to get that “look” on the TAC50 regardless of what the mechanic bug is.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,891
    Originally Posted by sir32.exe Go to original post
    I understand what you are saying and yes, that would change the “field of view” but that wouldn’t have anything to do with the magnification. 6x magnification is 6x magnification no matter where you put the scope on the gun.

    I may be calling the “field of view” the wrong thing. I’m really talking about the area outside of the scope on screen. Unfortunately, Breakpoint just blacks this out rather than filling it in with a blurred version of your surroundings.

    In this case: the TAC50 has a smaller through the scope view and will take up, as an example, a span of five horizontal mil dots on a stationary target. I can switch to the L115A3 with the same scope and pointed at the same stationary target and the through the scope view takes up nearly my entire screen and the mil dot span on said target will be only two....and of course it actually looks closer.

    That’s most definitely a difference in zoom from the same scope on two different rifles.

    I’d just like to get that “look” on the TAC50 regardless of what the mechanic bug is.
    This is true of many optics on many weapons. Even the EXP and magnifier are insanely different between the MK17 and the Assault version. It’s clear the way the optics are implemented is not even remotely consistent. Also, on optics without black around them, the periphery is magnified and clear the same as the optic making it a total cheat when ADS. They should use PiP (Picture in Picture) to make the optic magnified and the periphery not. It’s just another lazy implementation of important game mechanics.
    Share this post

  9. #9

    No the scopes have different magnification (zoom)

    Yes the scope zoom(magnification) are different for every gun even if it's the same scope. Using the 6x scope on my g28(38?) Sniper has an insane amount of zoom. Compared to any other sniper in the game. Yes it has less black ring but the zoom is way more. I put the 6x on the tac 50 thinking I was going to have the same amount of zoom as my g28, but it was horribly worse to the point where a 300m enemy was more difficult to actual hit. It's the same with some of the regular optics like the ACOG or digital sight. Put a digital sight on a m4, then out the digital sight on a 416 and the 416 has better zoom because the optic is closer to the charging handle. Makes total sense(not)
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,891
    Originally Posted by Peterson11b Go to original post
    Yes the scope zoom(magnification) are different for every gun even if it's the same scope. Using the 6x scope on my g28(38?) Sniper has an insane amount of zoom. Compared to any other sniper in the game. Yes it has less black ring but the zoom is way more. I put the 6x on the tac 50 thinking I was going to have the same amount of zoom as my g28, but it was horribly worse to the point where a 300m enemy was more difficult to actual hit. It's the same with some of the regular optics like the ACOG or digital sight. Put a digital sight on a m4, then out the digital sight on a 416 and the 416 has better zoom because the optic is closer to the charging handle. Makes total sense(not)
    Check out this thread... I took a screen cap of the T5Xi on both the G28 Wolves and the TAC-50... the FoV is radically different but the magnification looks the same. There’s definitely a problem.

    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...st-for-weapons
    Share this post