AI. Mercs For Hire?

So I was chatting with a pal about the inclusion of AI teammates and why itís taking so long for Ubi to add them. We had an idea. Why not have them as mercs you can hire in Erewhon? They could act almost like consumables up to a maximum of three. Skill points would be used to unlock each tier similar to wildlands so first you can hire one, then you upgrade to two, etc. Each merc could have a set class like medic, assault and so on and they would be mortal so once they die thatís it. This way you could plan a mission, hire a few mercs, and set them up almost as strategic gun emplacements or have them follow you if you go in loud and provide cover and support. If they incorporated a good command system it could work really well. What do you guys think?
     1 people found this helpful

Not a bad idea. Very creative.
     1 people found this helpful

KingSpawn1979's Avatar Senior Member
    Personally I'd prefer Squadmembers that know each other and Nomad, with a bit of a Background, ideally well written Characters.

TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member
    Well duhh!??? How else would they tie it into the otherwise Swiss cheese story line???

KingSpawn1979's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, there are Dozens of other "last and only" Survivors in Erewhon. There must be some fellow Friends, eh?
    Just kidding. The Story IS already cheesy, I don't see a Problem putting a little more Cheese into it.
    Everything is better with Cheese!
     2 people found this helpful

JimboSlice11b's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Atlantean76 Go to original post
    So I was chatting with a pal about the inclusion of AI teammates and why itís taking so long for Ubi to add them. We had an idea. Why not have them as mercs you can hire in Erewhon? They could act almost like consumables up to a maximum of three. Skill points would be used to unlock each tier similar to wildlands so first you can hire one, then you upgrade to two, etc. Each merc could have a set class like medic, assault and so on and they would be mortal so once they die thatís it. This way you could plan a mission, hire a few mercs, and set them up almost as strategic gun emplacements or have them follow you if you go in loud and provide cover and support. If they incorporated a good command system it could work really well. What do you guys think?
    I like a lot of this, but I would prefer if they were the surviving Ghosts. Ideally, there would be a finite number available. Let's do a quick break down:

32 Ghosts assigned to Operation Greenstone

Nomad. I'm not sure I'm on board with soul swapping, so we'll count him out for this. (1)

At least six randoms are dead/killed before you reach Erehwon. (7)

Weaver - KIA (8)

Midas - MIA (9)

Holt - WIA, will not be able to return to duty. (10)

Hill - I won't say, but he's unavailable as a squadmate. (11)

The guys you meet in Erehwon say they're the only ones left from their chauk (sp?). That's another six. (17)

32 - 17 = 15. Two are combat ready and in Erehwon. The remaining thirteen are story content. Two part missions for each: pick up the mission and go find a clue, do the second part. They can be rescue or recovery, or anything in between. So you get the chance to recover your unit and then take on the Wolves.

I would add that the AI should only be customize-able at the time of rescue, and suffer permadeath. It makes them matter, you have to actually give **** about them. Maybe in the "hardcore options".

People that buys themselfs a years worth of time to bring you something doesnt sound like people that are going to bring you anything at anytime.