Anyone have ideas for a PVP Build for Solo play?

I know there a lot of cool combinations with the gear sets when it comes to the TU6 drop, however most of these gear sets are situated towards dynamic group play leaving the solo players in the dark.

I also am well aware of the opportunities to use sets like Clutch or Negotiators Dilemma but these sets rely on high health/low armor which leave you exposed when focused fired by more than 1 person. Sure they are ideal for 1v1 situations, but if you want to solo pvp the server or go solo-man hunt you need a gear set combination that allows to take on 3v1 or 4v1.

This is the combination that I am trying to achieve, before 3/11/7 was an ideal solution to this, and before 3/11/7 the Vector/Clutch combo or the EB combo allowed to dominate the servers. Solution:

Create another hard to get gear piece or weapon that would act as outliner and will allow the user to gain an advantage playing SOLO. The exotic ability will only be triggered if not part of a group. This will allow the solo player tremendous power if they posses this item, and make it difficult to obtain by locking it behind a raid once again. This way this item will reward the dedicated or lucky players who obtain it, and will assure great public engagement with the game who want to obtain it. This will boost player numbers and cause people to play more with hopes to get it.

This is a simple solution to the issue for SOLO PVP players right now - if anyone else have an idea for a SOLO PVP set who can take on a team or do soloman hunt on a server please post here.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Proffesional Go to original post
    I know there a lot of cool combinations with the gear sets when it comes to the TU6 drop, however most of these gear sets are situated towards dynamic group play leaving the solo players in the dark.

I also am well aware of the opportunities to use sets like Clutch or Negotiators Dilemma but these sets rely on high health/low armor which leave you exposed when focused fired by more than 1 person. Sure they are ideal for 1v1 situations, but if you want to solo pvp the server or go solo-man hunt you need a gear set combination that allows to take on 3v1 or 4v1.

This is the combination that I am trying to achieve, before 3/11/7 was an ideal solution to this, and before 3/11/7 the Vector/Clutch combo or the EB combo allowed to dominate the servers. Solution:

Create another hard to get gear piece or weapon that would act as outliner and will allow the user to gain an advantage playing SOLO. The exotic ability will only be triggered if not part of a group. This will allow the solo player tremendous power if they posses this item, and make it difficult to obtain by locking it behind a raid once again. This way this item will reward the dedicated or lucky players who obtain it, and will assure great public engagement with the game who want to obtain it. This will boost player numbers and cause people to play more with hopes to get it.

This is a simple solution to the issue for SOLO PVP players right now - if anyone else have an idea for a SOLO PVP set who can take on a team or do soloman hunt on a server please post here.
    3 PC Aces with Composure, Precise, and Perfect Vigilance. You might swap the Precise for Devestating if you can't be bothered with headshots, but the burst damage will more than annihilate just about anything. Clutch is useless if the person is one shot. ND, can be dodged if you are expecting it. 500 Armor+ Shotgun builds die to this as well because even they can't take this much damage from a single shot.

Really if you are wanting to go down this really bad road, you can do this. It takes a lot of skill. Far more than I would ever profess to have.

I have heard there are rifle builds that are about as lethal as well. I doubt they could get the horrific burst damage this thing gets.

I have build like this of my own and on the range it gets 4.5(If memory serves me) million Damage on Elites with a Classic M44 when aces is proc'd. It is a more than 1 m in PvP sniper build.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    for someone as seasoned as yourself, surely there isnt a need to create a special weapon to help you excel in solo gameplay in the dz.

The only thing that should separate someone from the field in pvp is their skill level. If you are unable to rule the server solo then thats on you as its not something a solo player should be able to do unless of course their skill level is that far above the rest. Im guessing in this case it isnt or we wouldnt be here in the forum asking for a special weapon.

I am sure there is an amazing Diamondback Rifle Build floating around out there that can also 1 v everyone.

Don't know why you would want to.

I'm really hoping for a Banshee redux Gear Set for "Solo Players". something that gives us DMG to Armor and or Health for those Clutch builds and Targets out of Cover

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    dont think anything will be released giving solo players an advantage for being solo in pvp. You would have 4 man teams who are running "solo" and destroying everything because they have been given some extra power for being solo.

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    You would have 4 man teams who are running "solo" and destroying everything because they have been given some extra power for being solo.
    pretty sure that was happening in D1 lol the Good Ol' Days

Moesuvious is spot on. It's not gonna happen.

TimesLostArc has the right idea but survivability will no doubt be very low. A 3pc ND build will turn you horizontal up close but if you can fight at range it's strong. As you'll know that's not always viable. Also with you playing on xbox with presumably a controller, headshots are harder to land.

A TU6 modified 3/11/7 is still very strong in the right hands. Bear with me. You can face trade clutch builds with the banshee pulse. Most struggle to deal with the disorientation effect and if a clutch cannot hit shots you melt them. They cannot crit-heal. (unless they run HZP buts that's not vastly common from my experiences anyway). The banshee pulse also has a very quick cooldown not far off the TU5 times. Around ten - fifteen seconds dependent of SP and mods obviously.

You also have lots of survivability with the blues. You're able to tank OHK's like - ND mortar, shotgunners or rifles and survive most surprise attacks. OTR's and spotter allow you to deal damage just like TU5. You can have spotter always up with the technician laser attachment. You cannot use it on the Famas unfortunately but for a rifle build its very strong at all ranges. You can attach it to other AR's like the p416 or the G36. I've not tested them all.

Swap out the usual Gila knee pads for the Sawyers exotics and with the right use of cover and timing you can walk through enemy skills, not allowing anyone to proc status effects and self gain massive amounts of armour in the process. Also emp nades will completely destroy enemy skills. You get 2 defensive mod slots and a utility on the exotics so they're perfect for a modified 3/11/7.

You've pretty much got a counter to everything with this build but the Sawyers take a lot of skill and timing to become effective. Get up close against rifles, clutch users, skill builds, and fight at range against the likes of shotgunners, 3pc ND and pistol/shield users even though granted, it's not always possible.

Originally Posted by proffesional Go to original post
    i know there a lot of cool combinations with the gear sets when it comes to the tu6 drop, however most of these gear sets are situated towards dynamic group play leaving the solo players in the dark.

I also am well aware of the opportunities to use sets like clutch or negotiators dilemma but these sets rely on high health/low armor which leave you exposed when focused fired by more than 1 person. Sure they are ideal for 1v1 situations, but if you want to solo pvp the server or go solo-man hunt you need a gear set combination that allows to take on 3v1 or 4v1.

This is the combination that i am trying to achieve, before 3/11/7 was an ideal solution to this, and before 3/11/7 the vector/clutch combo or the eb combo allowed to dominate the servers. Solution:

Create another hard to get gear piece or weapon that would act as outliner and will allow the user to gain an advantage playing solo. The exotic ability will only be triggered if not part of a group. This will allow the solo player tremendous power if they posses this item, and make it difficult to obtain by locking it behind a raid once again. This way this item will reward the dedicated or lucky players who obtain it, and will assure great public engagement with the game who want to obtain it. This will boost player numbers and cause people to play more with hopes to get it.

This is a simple solution to the issue for solo pvp players right now - if anyone else have an idea for a solo pvp set who can take on a team or do soloman hunt on a server please post here.
    widdz channel.
     2 people found this helpful

hyper---sniper's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    dont think anything will be released giving solo players an advantage for being solo in pvp. You would have 4 man teams who are running "solo" and destroying everything because they have been given some extra power for being solo.
    That is the problem with this game, 4 man team is to powerful , To many saying it is to easy, so why not cut the power from 4 man teams, ?. I know no one will like the idea , but it is better than bullet sponges ?.. I play solo 99.9% of time in DZ and i enjoy it, i get killed now and then but that is what happens..I joined a team the other night ,( thanks for the invite to the team ) and the game got silly easy , got loads of junk but it killed the game for me, run in clear area rinse and repeat , no challenge ?. I do not think anyone should have an advantage , but teams have big advantages the way the gear works, .. Solo players need to know they go to the DZ solo to die and be robbed , it may not happen a lot but it will happen.. The Dz in the first one is still king , even with all the cheaters.