Problems with downloading the game.

So i bought The Crew 2 uplay key from G2A. I already had The Crew 2 game on my uplay account for some reason. I activated the key and now i have 2 The Crew 2 games. i've tried to download both of them but it just opens The Crew 2 on steam and doesn't give me an option to download it. What should i do

DatWut's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    First off: uPlay and Steam purchases of The Crew 2 are separate instances on uPlay. For example, I have 2 "copies" of The Crew 1 on my account, one was a uPlay "purchase" (the free version given away for Ubi30) and the other was my Steam purchase.

If you have a Steam-purchased game and try to launch it via uPlay, uPlay send a "request to launch game" to Steam. If you do not own the associated game on Steam, it redirects you to the store page. That means that the version of TC2 you tried to launch/download was a Steam purchase which was refunded (or you are logged into an incorrect Steam account).

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    You should demand a refund from the seller. They gave you incorrect key, this key is meant to activate the game from Uplay side when you purchase it from Steam store. Which means you need to own TC2 on Steam for it to work properly.
    You should use caution when buying cheap keys from sites like G2A. They often claim those keys are from cheaper regions. But in reality they are often obtained with money from stolen bank accounts.

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Shiri_no_ke Go to original post
    So i bought The Crew 2 uplay key from G2A. I already had The Crew 2 game on my uplay account for some reason. I activated the key and now i have 2 The Crew 2 games. i've tried to download both of them but it just opens The Crew 2 on steam and doesn't give me an option to download it. What should i do
    Hey! Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your game key. As others have mentioned when purchasing from non approved retailers you risk purchasing a non-legitimate key or one that is not as advertised. You can find our full list of approved digital distributors here.

I have gone ahead and looked into your particular case and can see that you purchased from G2A the Standard Edition of The Crew 2 that is a Uplay version. The only Steam version on your account is that of The Crew 2 Trial. This is why you can see 2 tiles within Uplay. I would advise uninstalling the Steam version as you have the full game on Uplay.

Hope this helps but if you need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.
     1 people found this helpful