Demiz3r's Avatar Senior Member

A survey on communication and transparency, please take the time to fill it out.

Agents, we want to improve how we communicate with you. Help us by filling out this survey!
    https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...376869376?s=20

The link to the survey.
    ubi.li/mDwrk

I find it obnoxious that I have to keep finding news or announcements on Twitter or Reddit instead of this official forum. A community staff member should have made a sticky post about this survey in the general discussion subforum for us to see. This is an example of the community staff not consolidating information to their community.

I am going to be brutally honest. I did not hold back in this survey and you should not either. In my opinion, communication, and transparency has been piss-poor compared to other games. When there is a major update, we see some interaction from the community managers for a week or two then they go dark. Consolidating information and being proactive with the community is key. In regards to twitter drama, jump in and defuse the situation. Again, be more proactive. I know you guys are watching.

I want to praise UbiRealDude for staying on top of things on this forum and interacting with us on a daily basis. You should be promoted to Community Manager.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Demiz3r Go to original post

I find it obnoxious that I have to keep finding news or announcements on Twitter or Reddit instead of this official forum.
    It should be obvious why - the official twitter account has 715,000 followers. This is the first response to your thread, after four hours.
     3 people found this helpful

I filled it out and would also encourage others to do so. Once I got into it, I found myself being a bit more negative than I thought I would.

For some of us it feels like total radio silence when there’s no SOTG. I know they’ve been doing some dev streams on twitch and sometimes there’s a nugget of news in there, but often not.

I’d also like to say I appreciate the mods here who do try their best to keep us up to date and answer our questions. It’s gotta be tough when you either don’t have the answers or have your hands tied about what you can say and what you cannot say.

Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    It should be obvious why - the official twitter account has 715,000 followers. This is the first response to your thread, after four hours.
    Is this suppose to be an insult because I am not offended. I don't care enough to keep track of time between responses LOL. I have been here long enough to know that a significant portion of the community does not like to hear any form of criticism coming from me so it doesn't stop me from expressing my thoughts about the game. As long people saw the post and went to link to fill out the survey, I'm cool.

I think it's reasonable for a community staff member to make a sticky post about it on this forum.

Originally Posted by Demiz3r Go to original post
    Is this suppose to be an insult because I am not offended. I don't care enough to keep track of time between responses LOL. I have been here long enough to know that a significant portion of the community does not like to hear any form of criticism coming from me so it doesn't stop me from expressing my thoughts about the game. As long people saw the post and went to link to fill out the survey, I'm cool.

I think it's reasonable for a community staff member to make a sticky post about it on this forum.
    What he was trying to point out, there are overwhelmingly more people following on Twitter than following the forum.

elkyri's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by III_Hammer_III Go to original post
    What he was trying to point out, there are overwhelmingly more people following on Twitter than following the forum.
    Which brings me back to my favourite drum to beat... this forum in no way represents the game's "base" as many here seem to think.

I do have to agree with the OP's point, though -- why do I read about the announcement of no SoTG on reddit but not here?

As for twitter.... I never would have seen that announcement. While they may have 750k followers I'm not on twitter at all and never would have been informed of the survey save for it being mentioned here. You would think that if there was to be any single clearing house of info related to the game it would be on the official website owned and operated by the folks that published the game, eh?

Bingo. Not sure why the portrayal of a simple fact is viewed as an insult. I don't have any issue with the link being posted here either. The comment about responses was to illustrate that twitter gets a lot more engagement - over 110 replies there (ignoring the likes/retweets) vs 5 in this thread.

Originally Posted by elkyri Go to original post
    I do have to agree with the OP's point, though -- why do I read about the announcement of no SoTG on reddit but not here?
    It was first announced on twitter? I get that you don't want to use it (and there are good reasons for that), but I assume they have the stats that show posting on there is more effective in getting response.

You would think that if there was to be any single clearing house of info related to the game it would be on the official website owned and operated by the folks that published the game, eh?
    It makes sense to go where your community is, and the reality is that isn't forums.

They can be as honest and transparent as they want, it still won't matter if they don't have meaningful, challenging group-oriented end game content with decent rewards.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by elkyri Go to original post
    Which brings me back to my favourite drum to beat... this forum in no way represents the game's "base" as many here seem to think.

As for twitter.... I never would have seen that announcement. While they may have 750k followers I'm not on twitter at all and never would have been informed of the survey save for it being mentioned here. You would think that if there was to be any single clearing house of info related to the game it would be on the official website owned and operated by the folks that published the game, eh?
    Originally Posted by dagrommit Go to original post
    Bingo. Not sure why the portrayal of a simple fact is viewed as an insult. I don't have any issue with the link being posted here either.

It was first announced on twitter? I get that you don't want to use it (and there are good reasons for that), but I assume they have the stats that show posting on there is more effective in getting response.

It makes sense to go where your community is, and the reality is that isn't forums.

this is the first response to your thread, after four hours.
    Your statement after the fact threw me off. I didn't know what to make of it. If I overreacted. I apologize. I am not disrupting that twitter has a bigger following than the official forum. I also never claim the forums represented the player base. The point I was trying to make was that if you going to relay important information that is vital, you should distribute that information in all of your platforms so your community is informed. Especially, a survey. Not everyone is going to go on a specific platform to get news. There should be multiple sources. It's not about analytics. It's about keeping your community informed. I do find it ironic that a survey about improving communication and transparency was only announced in one place instead of everywhere else.

Just because 715K people follow something on twitter, that doesn't mean 715K people read the posts. These forums should be the main source of information.

To be fair though, the amount of spam and toxicity dilute the value of the forums.
     2 people found this helpful