How to link Assassin's Creed 1 (past Steam purchase) to Uplay Client/Launcher..?

Just wondering if there is a manual way to add AC1 (initially Steam version) to the UPLAY Launcher, or something similar...
    With most Ubi games, I seem to be able to just start a game up (even if initially purchased in Steam long ago) and Uplay detects it and adds it (eg. Far Cry Primal did this for me). The UPLAY client will then keep track of Hours Played, etc.
    However, playing the older game of AC1, it seems to not be 'triggering' UPLAY for some reason.
    I have no issues with UPLAY and would like to actually Launch all of my Ubisoft games in it....

If it helps, in the UPLAY client, I see an "UPDATE" button (blue) instead of where "PLAY" would normally be; but that just starts Assassin's Creed up (Steam based).

I tried looking for a "Show CD Key" in Steam, which usually has one, to enter it manually into the UPlay Client, but there does not seem to be this available in Steam for AC1 [in my case].

Thanks for any ideas!

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there Tesityr,

Welcome to the forums!

Our Player Support Team would be the best to reach out to in this case. I will go ahead and move your thread over to that dedicated forum.

You can also reach out directly to our team Here

Oh thanks - I'm sorry I didn't know there was a Forum specifically for this type of question, heh

I should have mentioned that it's also OK if it is not possible at all - I was just asking in case AC1 could potentially be added to the new UPLAY Launcher...

Thanks again!

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Tesityr,

If it was a really old version of the game that you have purchased, it may not have Uplay functionality.

Do you happen to know how long it has been since you bought it?

Hello there!

It was December of 2010, purchased via Amazon, so a bit ago, yes. The DVD itself has a number on the bottom that says "20860-DVD v1.0" and then an "S" in a square; if any of that helps information-wise...

It's totally fine if I cannot have Uplay keep track of Hours or Stats or the Club Points or whatever - I was just wondering if it was possible that AC1 had that - I actually get a little kick out of seeing Sam's intermittent Updates on Stats and things from other games (Club App?), heh.

Thanks for your input, though!

Ubi-Trippn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi Tesityr,

That is an old one indeed, as Swaggins said. This version of the game wont have Uplay functionality included as it predates the Uplay launcher.