Team Kill Damage Reflect

I have some fundamental issues with the way this system operates.
    I love that it appears as though you guys are trying to cut down on the overwhelming toxicity that exists in this game. Ive literally never played any other game that, at its core, attracts as much hate and griefing as this game does. However, the damage reflect system simply doesnt work to stop the problem. Especially because its broken and doesnt always do what its designed to do, which is prevent players from teamkilling the same people or others repeatedly.
    Instead, it allows you 1 free team kill regardless of intent. Thats guaranteed. Which is fundamentally flawed. Even 1 team kill, if intentional, should be unacceptable and have legitimate consequences because it impedes the victim of the team killing and griefing from enjoying the game that they paid for and have the right to play. By allowing intentional team killing and refusing to punish it properly, you are communicating to those who wish to play the game as designed that you dont believe they should have the right to do so.
    Additionally, once someone has team killed and it has been deemed intentional, the damage reflect comes into play. Then, the player with damage reflect, is now permitted at least one more team kill so long as they use a gadget or explosive instead of bullets.
    This doesnt make any sense. Its already been established that the player is griefing and team killing on purpose. So why then do we slap them on the wrist and tell them "you're not supposed to do that, but you can one more time with a grenade"? Its great that, afterwards, theres a temp ban but how does that help the player being team killed and ensure they get to enjoy the game? It protects no one. Punishment after the fact is necessary and communicates intolerance but failure to actually protect the victim of the griefing and then providing avenues for team killers to do so multiple times in a match communicates a total disregard for the players who PAID for the game and intend to play it properly. It communicates that once you have our money, you dont care about our actual experience with the product and the others who use it with us.
    Please take some time to really reconsider the way team killing functions in this game and the overwhelmingly negative experience it causes a major population of your players.
    I have the right to enjoy this game without having to worry about someone carelessly and hatefully stripping that right away from me. I shouldnt ever have to spectate an entire game because its filled with intentional team killing.
    Voting to kick is a joke in circumstances like these. A handful of times has it been used successfully to remove someone team killing and griefing in games ive been in. Most of the time its just used to kick the player that lived longer than the rest of the team or kick the player that didnt use the strategy that someone else thought they shouldve. But thats a whole different post.

TK needs to stay in order to prevent cheese mechanics like the great wall of montagne and corner stacking atrocities. I deal with tk a lot as a female playing ranked (using mics) and i do not get tked that often to warrant such a drastic change.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Additionally, once someone has team killed and it has been deemed intentional, the damage reflect comes into play. Then, the player with damage reflect, is now permitted at least one more team kill so long as they use a gadget or explosive instead of bullets.
    What specific gadgets are you referring to? There are gadgets that also trigger RFF. They shouldn't be able to TK once RFF is activated since the damage is supposed to be reflected back to them.

Its already been established that the player is griefing and team killing on purpose. So why then do we slap them on the wrist and tell them "you're not supposed to do that, but you can one more time with a grenade"?
    Accidents do happen. This is to prevent players from being punished from accidentally hitting their teammates when firing. Teamkilling is also part of the tactical realism part of Siege.

I have the right to enjoy this game without having to worry about someone carelessly and hatefully stripping that right away from me. I shouldnt ever have to spectate an entire game because its filled with intentional team killing.
    Voting to kick is a joke in circumstances like these. A handful of times has it been used successfully to remove someone team killing and griefing in games ive been in. Most of the time its just used to kick the player that lived longer than the rest of the team or kick the player that didnt use the strategy that someone else thought they shouldve.
    You are absolutely correct! You should have the option to enjoy the game as much as anyone else. The team is always looking at ways to improve our RFF system and to combat toxic behaviors like TK in general. We appreciate you voicing your concerns regarding the current state of the system, and would like for you to enjoy the game as much as you can.
    If you are coming across players abusing the RFF system, you should be reporting them for griefing with the in-game report button. Additionally, if you have any screenshots or clips of these experiences, you should be submitting a Conduct Report. These reports help us identify behaviors of players abusing the system and allow us to look into better ways of handling it. Thank you so much again!

Accidental TK due to your teammates idiocy is not something to be punished. I've been in a gunfight quite a few times where either I'm strafing to avoid fire in a small area OR my teammate ******edly walks into my line of fire. Very rarely does RFF get deactivated when it was purely accidental. People just don't care enough to watch the kill feed.

Once again, the order is just screwed up. It should be:
    1. You get tked
    2. You watch the kill cam all the way through (or concede your right to activate and just skip)
    3. You may vote to activate RFF (NOT the other way around where you can vote to DEactivate RFF)
    4. At any point in the game, in the same way you would mute/unmute someone’s mic, you are able to deactivate RFF
     1 people found this helpful

Some examples of gadgets that have been used to team kill me by someone with damage reflect already active: Smoke's toxic smoke and grenades (not impact).
    As for your suggestions, I am reporting them when they teamkill, regardless of whether or not im the one they are teamkilling. The issue here isnt that we lack reporting options or that there isnt an existent punishment (as I mentioned in the original post). The problem here is that we (the players who are just trying to enjoy the game without this crap, which consists of the overwhelming majority of players) lack protection and reasonable countermeasures to prevent this from being such an unbelievably widespread issue. Reporting is great. Submitting screenshots and recorded clips is great. But none of those options prevent it. If it isnt prevented, then we're still getting team killed, we're still missing part of the game we have the right to play, we are still forced to endure griefing in various forms. All because countermeasures and prevention isnt being made a priority.
    After-the-fact doesnt fix the problem. Only makes them a little more careful and creative. And thats just talking about the smart ones...which are few and far between.

I agree that accidents shouldnt be punished. What im advocating is more in line with prevention than punishment.

Originally Posted by FraserdeGamer Go to original post
    Once again, the order is just screwed up. It should be:
    1. You get tked
    2. You watch the kill cam all the way through (or concede your right to activate and just skip)
    3. You may vote to activate RFF (NOT the other way around where you can vote to DEactivate RFF)
    4. At any point in the game, in the same way you would mute/unmute someone’s mic, you are able to deactivate RFF
    This makes sense to me. Force them to watch the killcam. Sometimes people TK their friend whom is AFK so they won't idle out, especially in casual due to being unable to rejoin a match.