N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member

Instead of UNRANKED or NEWCOMER...

... which we all know were unecessary and abused things, we could have 2 new playlists that would certainly be a hit.

THE CASUAL BASTARD MAPS : a playlist with all the maps "everyone" hates, plane , house , tower, favela, barttlet ,and all of that sort , for variety sake would be a blast if this had also the legacy maps pre rework , like kanal , hereford and kafe, this way UBI could keep the regular casual with all the maps no one cries about with no need for "monthly" rotations.

THE EVENT PLAYLIST : all the past event maps and modes available and on rotation , haunted house , showdown , magic plane and so on , having outbreak too would be the cherry on top.

Somewhat OT:

Very frequently people leave after the first round loss of a casual game. Why not just make casual one round (attack or defense chosen at random) and then end it? Nerf the renown accordingly and this way there won't have to be 5v4 or 5v3 for rounds #2 and beyond. Backfill doesn't always happen, and usually the backfill person also instantly leaves if they see their team is behind in score. And this way if someone dies very early in the round they can leave (if they want) and queue another game, reducing queue times for everyone.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by N3mB0t Go to original post
    ... which we all know were unecessary and abused things, we could have 2 new playlists that would certainly be a hit.

THE CASUAL BASTARD MAPS : a playlist with all the maps "everyone" hates, plane , house , tower, favela, barttlet ,and all of that sort , for variety sake would be a blast if this had also the legacy maps pre rework , like kanal , hereford and kafe, this way UBI could keep the regular casual with all the maps no one cries about with no need for "monthly" rotations.

THE EVENT PLAYLIST : all the past event maps and modes available and on rotation , haunted house , showdown , magic plane and so on , having outbreak too would be the cherry on top.

I think these are pretty interesting ideas, especially having a more permanent Event Playlist. The playlist featuring those maps is, I guess, your way of trying to find an alternative for the map rotation we have currently going on? Instead of removing the map rotation feature altogether, what are some changes you'd like to see made to it?

Instead of removing the map rotation feature altogether, what are some changes you'd like to see made to it?
    I just don't understand why 50+ levels people have to play the cut version of maps pool. If UBI intentions were to ease new players life, to help them familiarize with maps, why not implement those features in 'newcomer league'? If I remember right, there's only 3 maps right now, and when people reach 50 level they just dive in the insanity of new grounds. So, what's the problem? Make smaller rotations there, like new set of 5 maps every week? That way, if players don't boost their levels intentionally, they would see every map in the first month and have enough time to prepare for Casual.

100+ levels people have no troubles already (I believe), map rotations only limit their gameplay experience. I like Chalet and Skyscraper, I really do. And now when those gone I don't even know when I see 'em again, which is frustrating. There are maps people hate, there are maps people love, but they were mixing together, making a variety. Now it's just "here's your 10 maps, hope you'll like it. No? Bad luck for you, see you next month, enjoy".

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    I think these pretty interesting ideas, especially having a more permanent Event Playlist. The playlist featuring those maps is, I guess, your way of trying to find an alternative for the map rotation we have currently going on? Instead of removing the map rotation feature altogether, what are some changes you'd like to see made to it?
    I play casual for it's larger variety of modes and larger map pool, and of course I don't need to worry about my rank, taking away maps is not a valid solution as newbie mode does exist as a training mode and terrorist hunt works just as well. Maybe instead of crippling casual you should put the rotation into newbie where it belongs. It's mostly regulars in casual and smurfs. I have seen a lot of low level players who sadly my callouts are lost on or simply ignored. If they are not willing to put in the effort to learn on their own then why are they playing the game solo? R6 is a team based game, meant to be played with friends clearly, and you should only solo queue if you are experienced enough to hold your own.

If I see potato aim I actually recommend they play terrorist hunt, it's a good way to familiarise yourself with a guns recoil patterns and in classic your basically forced to scour the entire map to kill all the enemies, giving you a good idea of the map layout and you might pick up some callouts as well.

I would love a monthly event playlist. It's such a shame for all the love and hard work put into the events only to have them disappear after only a 2 week period. Unfortunately I missed operation outbreak and would love a chance to play it.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SirSmellsAlot Go to original post
    Somewhat OT:

Very frequently people leave after the first round loss of a casual game. Why not just make casual one round (attack or defense chosen at random) and then end it?
    I actually like where you're going. Possibly a 3 round casual would do the trick?

In any case..I played Casual round to round. But I think a single round Casual match would be harder on the servers than any multi-round one would.