Better melee combat for future FCs

The animations for swinging any weapon in close combat is horrible and clunky as ****. Primary problem being the strike doesnt hit where you aim. The power strike even forces you into a lunge which absolutely destroys the direction you were aiming to strike for.

Future FC melee should enable combining seemless sparring animations with seemless melee weapon animations.

Yeah, especially if you are going to force pit fighting by making it a blocker for the main story. That mission really draws attention to the very poor melee combat in this game.

If you must have melee in the next FC, then for the love of all gamers, please expand melee combat to include fast dodge, perhaps roll, block, etc. Especially if you are making a mission that requires fighting multiples in melee.
     1 people found this helpful

Seeing as Arkane Studios don't seem to have plans for any Dark Messiah remake or sequel, I can't see why FC's combat system couldn't pick up on that game instead; Movement[WASD] direction during power strike preparation gives four different power strike directions where forward movement results in a controlled thrust. Strafe directions result in opposite strike directions(Strafe left to prepare a strike to the right) that force enemies in that direction or off balance if near a drop or low obstacle. Backward doesn't do anything, but could in FC result in serving blunt weapons better(downward strike perhaps?) where Forward strikes serve thrust weapons better.

In addition, all four strike directions can be held prepared while freely moving arround and instantly swapped/reset by a sudden block(mouse2/aim key).

Dark Messiah didn't port well to console however and my stread start didn't mention the good parts with FCs melee. Being able to punch with your left hand while holding a melee weapon in your right is really cool and.. getting knocked down from every frkn punch an enemy lands... makes it rewarding not to get punched I gues?

Btw, I've noticed an auto-lock on feature that's likely meant to asslick the console community. Doesn't matter how much I aim my punches or swings for the head, I still keep hitting the flamethrower tank or torso if my character model stands too close to any enemy. For Far Cry 6, the melee combat needs to be remade from the ground up, modelling, animations, all of it.

Originally Posted by tcarlisle2012 Go to original post
    Yeah, especially if you are going to force pit fighting by making it a blocker for the main story. That mission really draws attention to the very poor melee combat in this game.

If you must have melee in the next FC, then for the love of all gamers, please expand melee combat to include fast dodge, perhaps roll, block, etc. Especially if you are making a mission that requires fighting multiples in melee.
    That mission is a pain in the *** as a story mission. 3rd place in my list of Far Cry annoyances after Faith Seed captures and Chad Wolanski.

Even more stupid, that you can break it by leveling up the "more fist damage" perk and/or Eden's Gift.